1 1
normiss

American schools math

Should schools in America be forced to teach children Arabic Numerals as part of their curriculum?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should schools in America be forced to teach children Arabic Numerals as part of their curriculum?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, markharju said:

Perhaps we both should. Do the brown cows in Switzerland produce chocolate milk?

Why, I didn't make any false claims about mosques in Edinburgh, that was YOU.
(I made no claims about brown cows either).

1 hour ago, markharju said:

In other words, ethnicity is in the eye of the beholder. Perhaps we just see it differently. Like communism, I see islam as inherently evil, bringing nothing but death and suffering to mankind. It seems to me that those who are so quick to stomp on Christianity are simultaneously  demanding tolerance for the most intolerant cult of them all all.

Nope.  Both Christianity and Islam have their problems.  Both are made up of mostly good people.  Seeing one as the beacon of all that is good in the West, and one as evil incarnate, is an indication of someone who really hasn't been out much.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Nope.  Both Christianity and Islam have their problems.  Both are made up of mostly good people.  Seeing one as the beacon of all that is good in the West, and one as evil incarnate, is an indication of someone who really hasn't been out much.

Or of someone who views the world through 'hate colored glasses'.

44 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Not too much just yet. Just yesterday the President announced he didn't mind paying to have some one wash SecState's dishes when his wife isn't around.

Different subject, but yeah. No great surprise that a President who runs his administration like his family business has appointed numerous department heads who think their staff work for their benefit, not the country's.

3 minutes ago, jakee said:

Different subject, but yeah. No great surprise that a President who runs his administration like his family business has appointed numerous department heads who think their staff work for their benefit, not the country's.

Was more talking about the idea a wife would be responsible for doing dishes.

21 hours ago, billvon said:

Or read much.

23 hours ago, markharju said:

In other words, ethnicity is in the eye of the beholder. Perhaps we just see it differently. Like communism, I see islam as inherently evil, bringing nothing but death and suffering to mankind. It seems to me that those who are so quick to stomp on Christianity are simultaneously  demanding tolerance for the most intolerant cult of them all all. When they get the Suitcase from Allah and use it (and they will one day), don't say you weren't warned. "Islam in a man is as rabies in a dog." -- Winston Churchill. Is there such as thing as an "Ethnic Christian?" Not seeing that either. My misperception at work again??? As for the rest....banana pancakes...mmmm....

Here is a question for you then. In America the Red Cross is a Charity that funds needy causes. In the Islamic world the Green Cross does the same job.

Charity Navigator ranks charities on transparency and efficiency. Which one ranks better? The Red Cross or the Green Cross?

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Here is a question for you then. In America the Red Cross is a Charity that funds needy causes. In the Islamic world the Green Cross does the same job.

Charity Navigator ranks charities on transparency and efficiency. Which one ranks better? The Red Cross or the Green Cross?

It's the Red Crescent, not Green Cross. You're thinking of the traffic safety spokesman in the UK.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, markharju said:

It's the Red Crescent, not Green Cross. You're thinking of the traffic safety spokesman in the UK.

Green Cross (Grünkreuz) is a World War I chemical warfare pulmonary agent consisting of chloropicrin (PS, Aquinite, Klop), phosgene (CG, Collongite) and/or trichloromethyl chloroformate (Surpalite, Perstoff).

Green Cross is also a generic World War I German marking for artillery shells with pulmonary agents (chemical payload affecting the lungs).[1] The tip of the projectile with the fuse end painted green and a green cross at the bottom of the cartridge.

Other Green Cross mixtures were based on phosgene and/or diphosgene.

The first use of Green Cross was on May 31 1915 in a German offensive in Ypres. The mixture was chlorine-phosgene, with 95% and 5%.