1 1
normiss

American schools math

Should schools in America be forced to teach children Arabic Numerals as part of their curriculum?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should schools in America be forced to teach children Arabic Numerals as part of their curriculum?

• Yes
    • No

13 hours ago, murps2000 said:

I voted yes, but I'm a commie globalist liberal so I am probably biased. Hilarious.

i love telling these open carry idiots, hell yes i am a liberal, liberals are the patriots who founded the country while folks like them were sympathizers.

49 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

i love telling these open carry idiots, hell yes i am a liberal, liberals are the patriots who founded the country

And apparently felt that gun duels were an acceptable way of settling disputes. . .

49 minutes ago, kallend said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

And apparently felt that gun duels were an acceptable way of settling disputes. . .

Pretty much everyone did 250 years ago.

It's just funny to me that's he's tying to make a point about "open carry idiots" by comparing himself to people that thought it sensible to settle personal disputes by shooting each other in public.

25 minutes ago, Coreece said:

It's just funny to me that's he's tying to make a point about "open carry idiots" by comparing himself to people that thought it sensible to settle personal disputes by shooting each other in public.

Bloodletting and leeches to cure disease were thought a good idea 250 years ago. So were slavery, debtors' prisons and public executions.  Despite the best efforts of conservatives, we HAVE made progress.

I take it you mean these...no thanks.

arabicnumbers.jpg

(edited)
4 minutes ago, jakee said:

That's a nice link that proves both of the numeral systems in the image you posted are Arabic numerals. Why don't you want either of them to be taught?

Didn't say that. Just pointing out that there is more than one "Arabic" number system. It was a means of thumbing the nose to the "dihydrogen monoxide" "gotcha" question.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, markharju said:

Didn't say that. Just pointing out that there is more than one "Arabic" number system. It was a means of thumbing the nose to the "dihydrogen monoxide" "gotcha" question.

Oh, and I thought it a means to demonstrate your bigotry.  My mistake.

• Like 2

(edited)
17 minutes ago, markharju said:

Didn't say that. 

You did say that. if you didn't mean to, you shoud have been more precise.

Oh by the way, where are all your holiday photos of the Edinburgh mosques?

Edited by jakee

1 minute ago, jakee said:

You did say that. if you didn't mean to, you shoud have been more precise.

Oh by the way, where are all your holiday photos of the Edinburgh mosques?

I. Didn't. Say. That.

21 minutes ago, markharju said:

I. Didn't. Say. That.

We know what you said. It was part of you expressing your fear and hatred of Islam. I don't like it much either, but Jeeeesuz man, you are downright phobic about it sometimes.

10 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

We know what you said. It was part of you expressing your fear and hatred of Islam. I don't like it much either, but Jeeeesuz man, you are downright phobic about it sometimes.

No, that is what others choose to read into it.