1 1
Phil1111

1 in 4 Americans says they would refuse COVID-19 vaccine, poll says

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I think I figured it out. George Soros is getting old, so they need a new rich bogeyman. Bill Gates will do nicely. 
I wonder if it was voted on, or just decided at a koffee klatch. 
Wendy P. 

They will always have Jeff Bezos on the back burner because of the Washington Post. The trump-Enquirer and other relationships have been exposed by the WP. and Investigative journalism doesn't fit well for the right.

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

They will always have Jeff Bezos on the back burner because of the Washington Post. The trump-Enquirer and other relationships have been exposed by the WP. and Investigative journalism doesn't fit well for the right.

The WaPo is very conscientious about stating that Bezos owns it in every story that mentions Bezos or Amazon.

OTOH Trump's link to the Enquirer was pretty well concealed.

That's the difference between good journalism and junk.

1 minute ago, kallend said:

The WaPo is very conscientious about stating that Bezos owns it in every story that mentions Bezos or Amazon.

OTOH Trump's link to the Enquirer was pretty well concealed.

That's the difference between good journalism and junk.

America has two news sources that no other country has the NYT and the WP. With the death of journalism in the last twenty five years hundreds of periodicals have perished. Or become mere shadows of themselves.

Of course for the trump base those two newspapers are irrelevant because they largely disregard facts. I'm not saying his base is completely ignorant. But the lies are sufficient to keep them on board the titanic.To have the base of investigative journalists like those two enables breaking story after breaking story.

Bloomberg, the BBC and some other news organizations do good work as well. But Facebook and "free" web based political infomercial sites have acted to pervert facts. Pervert the discourse of politics, economics, the law and social classes.

17 hours ago, billvon said:

That's not a vaccine.  Gates had nothing to do with developing that.

True that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-gates-fauci-idUSKBN22H2JD

"Most of the iterations of this claim misleadingly refer to “quantum dot dye” technology, which was founded by the Gates Foundation. Kevin McHugh, one of the lead authors of the “quantum dot dye” research paper, confirmed to Reuters this technology is not a microchip or human implantable capsule. Instead, it is similar to a tattoo, which would help provide up-to-date patient vaccine records for professionals in places lacking medical records."

What he was apparently referring to a surface tattoo. Sorta like a mark on the hand or forehead. NBD...yet.

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

What he was apparently referring to a surface tattoo. Sorta like a mark on the hand or forehead. NBD...yet.

Nope.  Not at all like a surface tattoo.  

And the work wasn't done by the Gates Institute.  It was done at MIT by Kevin McHugh.  It was funded by Gates and Koch.   (Perhaps you've heard of the Koch brothers.)

So I think your "it's a liberal Gates plot to mark us all with the sign of the devil" angle isn't going to fly.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

And the work wasn't done by the Gates Institute.  It was done at MIT by Kevin McHugh. 

MIT - isn't that where Trump's Uncle John ensured that no-one knows more about science (or anything) than Donald, thus involving the President in this dastardly plot?

On 5/15/2020 at 5:08 PM, billvon said:

It's the latest paranoia - Gates is going to inject you with an undetectable bio-microchip to track your medical status and read your position (so they can 'round you up' and take your guns) and eventually to control your behavior.  No doubt Soros, Clinton and Obama are in on it too.

Paraphrasing a funny tweet:

".....they tweet furiously from the shamelessly invasive tracking device they willingly carry everywhere they go".

(edited)
On 5/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, gowlerk said:

I've been told by my wife that the only patient she ever has beg for death was one with postherpetic neuralgia. That is pain that lingers after the shingles blisters and rash clears up. It can be permanent and life altering. Even if the Shingrix vaccine does not always prevent shingles it lessens the occurrence of this condition and the duration of the attack by a considerable amount. It's duration of effectiveness is unknown at this time, it is too new. The older vaccine that you are probably familiar with needs to be taken every five years. Shingrix needs two shots a few months apart. Your earlier attack of shingles is thought to also provide about 5 years of protection. It also means that you are far more likely than most to get it again if you continue being alive.

Man, that's horrible. I once had a small outbreak of shingles (~20mm dia) on my chest, and that was the worst. I can't imagine the suffering if it's all over the body (the weirdest part was the neuralgia in the corresponding nerve pair on my BACK). Immunology is arguably the most fascinating and complex field of biology, and having read up on it I am in awe that researchers can unlock the secrets of these things which technically aren't even alive, ffs (viruses) and develop medicines to counter them.

That said, I think I'll let others try vaccines for C-19 which may be fielded without being thoroughly tested. We also know that of every dosage group there is always a small percentage who have adverse reactions, sometimes fatal ones. So I think I'll wait, and find a brown cow so I can have some proper chocolate milk.

Edited by Guest

(edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 8:59 PM, billvon said:

And the work wasn't done by the Gates Institute.  It was done at MIT by Kevin McHugh.  It was funded by Gates and Koch.   (Perhaps you've heard of the Koch brothers.)

So I think your "it's a liberal Gates plot to mark us all with the sign of the devil" angle isn't going to fly.

Perhaps not, but given the abuses which the tech companies (in cooperation with governments) have subjected the RAMs (Raggedy-Assed Masses) to already, I have no confidence in this (on the unrelated topic of microchips for humans instead of dogs) - they can keep it. The ChiComs have their Social Credit System, and I can't imagine how happy Stalin would have been if he'd had access to something like it. The whole thing smacks of control. Me no like.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, markharju said:

Perhaps not, but given the abuses which the tech companies (in cooperation with governments) have subjected the RAMs (Raggedy-Assed Masses) to already, I have no confidence in this (on the unrelated topic of microchips for humans instead of dogs) - they can keep it.

Cool. They don't want to give it to you.

24 minutes ago, jakee said:

Cool. They don't want to give it to you.

I think they would, if for one minute they thought they could actually get away with it, and soon enough, it would be mandatory. The end.

7 minutes ago, markharju said:

I think they would, if for one minute they thought they could actually get away with it, and soon enough, it would be mandatory. The end.

And the people with tinfoil hats think 5G is giving us Covid.

6 minutes ago, jakee said:

And the people with tinfoil hats think 5G is giving us Covid.

We should not be co-opting China for the sake of getting 5G, especially now.

4 hours ago, markharju said:

We should not be co-opting China for the sake of getting 5G, especially now.

4 hours ago, billvon said:

Why would we have to do that?

Perhaps someone is mistaken as to what co-opting means. US companies can do 5G on their own. Global interoperability, through common standardization and spectrum harmonization doesn't require Chinese parts or domination of license AFAIK.

20 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

It seems to me that the dots are being connected.

Are you really that gullible? 

Leaving aside that you'd have to be both blind and deaf to believe for a moment that the person on stage is Bill Gates, that is not a Pentagon briefing. That is not real science. It's a promo scene for a low budget movie from a decade ago. 

Seriously man, grow up.

6 hours ago, kallend said:

Rhetorical question, right?

Yeah, I mean I get that he's unquestioning enough to swallow the terrible dialogue and junk science. But when the headline says "Bill Gates briefs..." and the video contains a guy who is so obviously not Bill Gates then surely even Ron can muster up enough self awareness to realise his chain is being yanked.

10 minutes ago, jakee said:

Yeah, I mean I get that he's unquestioning enough to swallow the terrible dialogue and junk science. But when the headline says "Bill Gates briefs..." and the video contains a guy who is so obviously not Bill Gates then surely even Ron can muster up enough self awareness to realise his chain is being yanked.

Don't be so sure.

It 'confirms' what he wants to be true.

Therefore, it must be true.

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Keep in mind he has claimed he is a "nonlinear thinker" and thus may see no issue with claiming that that guy is Bill Gates.