1 1
countzero

Are there containers better for skinny narrow shouldered people

You basically want something that is long.

Look for a Vector size that is longer than ~18-20" here: https://uptvector.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Sizing-Chart.pdf

Or get an infinity.

Aerodyne makes "long" versions of some of their smaller sized icons that look pretty good too.

Double check the dimensions of whatever container you end up ordering.

Javelin, Wings, Mirage, Glide, short vectors are all not a good fit for your body type.

• Like 1

Getting a main and reserve that is on the small side of what the container can hold will make it softer. Overstuffing rigs make the parachutes quite hard. The downside is you would have no room for downsizing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 20kN said:

Getting a main and reserve that is on the small side of what the container can hold will make it softer. Overstuffing rigs make the parachutes quite hard. The downside is you would have no room for downsizing.

Downsizing is not an issue. I only do CRW my canopy size won't change. If I ever use a smaller lightning for competition it still won't matter because the container is opening within 5 seconds anyways.

(edited)

10 minutes ago, 20kN said:

That's literally the worst suggestion you could offer. Dont ever buy a Racer. I wouldent jump one if they offered one to me for free.

There are a fair number of Racer haters out there. But this is a little extreme. I also would not buy a Racer, but I certainly would jump one, and definitely would take a free one. The OP was asking a question about containers that would be comfortable and fit well. No matter what you think of their somewhat unique and minimalist design they actually are very good at doing both. Wearing a Racer feels a lot like wearing a pillow.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 11:49 AM, countzero said:

Are there containers that are better built/ designed for thin narrow shouldered and waist people? And also have some give or flex? the mirage and vectors I've tried on feel like thick stiff bricks and the BOC is higher than I'd like.

Many mfgrs make longer/narrower versions, for the Infinity they have an “N” at the end of the size designation, for example I-56N.

• Like 1