4 4
SkyDekker

The US is a Banana Republic

National political reporter Robert Costa says he keeps hearing from people around Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani that they are challenging the results of the election not because they think there is any chance for Trump to catch up to Biden in actual votes, but in order to try to prevent key states from certifying their votes. This would throw the election into the House of Representatives, where each state gets one vote. This, they believe, would give Trump a win.

Source:

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/november-17-2020

Background on the topic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_election

Edited by ryoder

5 hours ago, feuergnom said:

somehow this all resembles the stories of the last days in the führerbunker featuring a lunatic dictator running amok and nobody daring to step up to end the madness

I am busy re-watching the "World at War", and the above is exactly what went through my mind as I listened to Hitler's valet and secretary describe his last days in the bunker.

Edited by Erroll

17 hours ago, tonyhays said:

Indeed.

How about this:

Trump fires a competent cybersecurity director and replaces him with Jared Kushner.  Then in a week he says "our cybersecurity director is COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT!  He doesn't even know how to make his own computer secure.  If this is who is in charge, any recount is a FRAUD!"

Donald Trump is considering launching his 2024 election campaign on the day of Joe Biden's inauguration, it has been reported - weighing up how to keep the spotlight on him in his post-White House life.

Mr Trump, who is yet to concede defeat, and may not ever, was asked on Thanksgiving whether he would attend Mr Biden's inauguration on 20 January.

Oh, he just keeps on going and going.

He was on Fox, once again complaining about 'massive fraud', conveniently ignoring all the lawsuits that have been dismissed because of a complete lack of evidence. 

Of course, the "newscaster" just sucked up to him and failed to ask him where any actual proof is.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-complains-about-massive-dumps-1096040/?fbclid=IwAR1HwGB6M2a-b_JPFlycePmbHCo4is3qoDbw9DbtdwFntMiu-JFh0iN15qw

Well, that's the same network where I heard someone say something akin to "the claims of lack of transparency are hard to understand -- he has been the most transparent president in the history of the country."

I'm not sure they meant "we can see right through him," that that's how I took it ]:)

Wendy P.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Oh, he just keeps on going and going.

He was on Fox, once again complaining about 'massive fraud', conveniently ignoring all the lawsuits that have been dismissed because of a complete lack of evidence. 

He said that the FBI and Justice Department were "involved" with the "rigged" election.

So looks like Barr will be the next person shown the door, Trump-hater that he is.

Trump's lawyer Joe diGenova said Krebs should be 'executed'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9003843/Trumps-campaign-lawyer-says-fired-cybersecurity-chief-Chris-Krebs-executed.html

'He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot'

Is this acceptable (outside North Korea) ? Should the FBI be going and knocking on diGenova's front door?

I'm having a hard time trying to understand why reasonably educated people are falling for Trumps lies. I assume you wave to have some intellect and education to be a lawyer these days but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

or maybe he hasn't fallen for the lies but has  a vested interest in perpetuating the lies. either way it's very sad to see America acting like this.

5 hours ago, ScottishJohn said:

I'm having a hard time trying to understand why reasonably educated people are falling for Trumps lies

Me too, but it took America around four years to get rid of McCarthy-ism. The similarities between the support he continued to command in spite of all his blatant lies, insults, nonsense and scaremongering and what Trumps has been doing is quite uncanny, and he was only a senator.

6 hours ago, ScottishJohn said:

Trump's lawyer Joe diGenova said Krebs should be 'executed'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9003843/Trumps-campaign-lawyer-says-fired-cybersecurity-chief-Chris-Krebs-executed.html

'He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot'

Perhaps someone will rid him of that turbulent priest.

• Like 1

So Trump recently tweeted thusly to the governor of Georgia:  "Do something @BrianKempGA. You allowed your state to be scammed. We must check signatures and count signed envelopes against ballots. Then call off election. It won’t be needed. We will all WIN!"

So call off the Senate election?  How fascinating.  That would leave the Senate with 48 democrats and 50 republicans.  That means the democrats would only have to pick up 1 more seat to have a majority.

Or (more likely) this will result in an uproar on Parler to call off the election and just certify it for all the republicans running.  Which will lead to many republicans not voting. ("the election has been called off, right?"  "Yeah I saw some guy say Kemp was just going to write in the republicans as the winners."  "OK cool let's go back to the bar!")

Guy is not exactly a rocket scientist.

39 minutes ago, billvon said:

So Trump recently tweeted thusly to the governor of Georgia:  "Do something @BrianKempGA. You allowed your state to be scammed. We must check signatures and count signed envelopes against ballots. Then call off election. It won’t be needed. We will all WIN!"

So call off the Senate election?  How fascinating.  That would leave the Senate with 48 democrats and 50 republicans.  That means the democrats would only have to pick up 1 more seat to have a majority.

Or (more likely) this will result in an uproar on Parler to call off the election and just certify it for all the republicans running.  Which will lead to many republicans not voting. ("the election has been called off, right?"  "Yeah I saw some guy say Kemp was just going to write in the republicans as the winners."  "OK cool let's go back to the bar!")

Guy is not exactly a rocket scientist.

Rocket scientists aren't being targeted for assassination this week.

Since Trump was never really into politics I'm sure that when he put together his campaign he had to ask advice about what Republicans want to hear. I guess someone told him to just be opposed to the Democrats, he misunderstood and decided to take a stand against democracy.

"Austria’s former Finance Minister Karl-Heinz Grasser was sentenced to eight years in prison Friday for his involvement in a major corruption scandal, local media reported.

The criminal court of Vienna said Grasser was guilty of providing insider information to a private investor ahead of the sale of 60,000 state-owned apartments in 2004. Grasser pocketed around €9.6 million for his part in the deal, the court heard during the trial, which lasted three years and became known as the BUWOG Scandal after the company involved."

Meanwhile in the Banana republic there is talk that the the "rule of law" doesn't apply to its elected kings.

spacer.png

Cue Lee Greenwood - God Bless The USA

Because even though the US ranks 28th on the world corruption index. At least for the USA its "FREE" and blessed by "GOD".

"Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy complained Monday of being the victim of six years of "slander", in his first remarks to the court at his landmark corruption trial.

Sarkozy became France's first modern head of state to appear in the dock last week, going on trial on charges of corruption and influence peddling.

The 65-year-old right-winger, who also faces trials in two other investigations, is accused of offering judge Gilbert Azibert a plum retirement job in exchange for inside information on an inquiry into his campaign finances.

"I don't accept any of the slander that has been levelled at me over the past six years," France's leader from 2007 to 2012 told the criminal court in Paris."

What Happened When Other Countries Prosecuted Former Leaders? It happens all the time, just not in the U.S. Slate Dec. 2, 2020

Oh well, trump was right when he infamously said he could kill someone and get away with it.

Florida Governor sends in state police to threaten scientist and her young children. Scientist was fired for unwillingness to falsify COVID data.

Fine Gestapo tactics. Guns drawn of course, the 2 year old might put up a fight.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2020/12/07/agents-raid-home-fired-florida-data-scientist-who-built-covid-19-dashboard-rebekah-jones/6482817002/

(edited)
8 hours ago, murps2000 said:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-do-you-solve-problem-john-durham

Interesting blog I happened to catch. Wasn't sure which thread to post it in but this one seems to work.

Shit, just cancel it by EO. Use the same language to investigate Barr, the trump family and trump in a new special council investigation.  Nothing that Barr has ever touched in his entire time as a trump hack was done in the interests of law.

"Beyond that one case, however, it has never been clear what exactly the Durham investigation is looking at. Many of the key figures in the Russia probe have never even been contacted. And the exhaustive inspector general’s report on the Crossfire Hurricane probe does not give rise, beyond Clinesmith’s case, to implications of criminal conduct."

Then Barr, Durham can climb aboard their boats and get back to real fishing.

Edited by Phil1111