1 1
Phil1111

COVID-19 Donations, trump Zero, Trump International Zero

Trump claims net worth of more than $10 billion in new filing    In May 2016 Yet trump personally and this corporations have yet to donate a cent to Covid 19 relief or charities.

Did All Vegas Hotels Except Trump’s Donate Rooms for COVID-19 First Responders?   Never donated any rooms, from Snopes

Business Executives Offer Large Donations to Fight Covid-19 The Gates foundation $250 million, trump ZERO.

'Never Heard of Anything Like This': Watchdogs Sound Alarm as Trump Puts For-Profit Insurer in Charge of Covid-19 Hospital Funds  As usual trump sees misfortune as a chance to make money and curry favors.

"For months, The Washington Post has been looking for evidence to back up a key claim Donald Trump makes about himself: that, in recent years, he has given millions of dollars to charity out of his own pocket. There is no evidence of that in the files of Trump's nonprofit, the Donald J. Trump Foundation. And Trump has not released his tax returns, which would detail his recent charitable giving...So far, The Post's search has turned up little. Between 2008 and this May — when Trump made good on a pledge to give $1 million to a veterans' group — its search has identified just one personal gift from Trump's own pocket. " from WP 2016

How long will it be till trump either makes a donation regarding C-19 or announces a personal fundraiser for C-19 relief?

Sorry its a trick question, obviously never.

(edited)

Dude, do you think you could please stop gish galloping all over the forum list and cluttering it with your news feeds and million word copy/paste rants that hardly anyone reads?

Edited by Coreece

17 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Dude, do you think you could please stop gish galloping all over the forum list and cluttering it with your news feeds and million word copy/paste rants that hardly anyone reads?

In Phil's defense - I read most of them. (Skim, really) 

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:
19 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I rest my case.   ;p

So since you didn't read it thats a no on trump ever making a penny in donation to C-19 relief? Despite his claimed $10 billion in personal net worth.

Or is cluttering up threads with mish-mash repetitive trump supportive statements like "Another one that can't wrap their head around the difference between rates and raw numbers." on a twice a week basis. As though you understand the C-19 modeling better than the statisticians in every developed country.

Both you and airdvr like to boast about trump's performances yet cannot quote the "raw" or is it "rates"?, numbers on what sort of great job they are doing.

"I find it telling when you require percentages and per capita numbers when discussing gun murders in Chiraq but not when looking at Covid deaths. " airdvr said:

24 minutes ago, Coreece said:

6 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

3 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I rest my case.   ;p

Just now, turtlespeed said:

I see what you did there - 

Nicely played.

For all of his supporters not a single thought, or statement, as to if trump will ever donate a cent to C-19 relief or a charity. At least its clear you both thoroughly understand him

Doesn't count - He's not a billionaire, nor does that line of thinking allow one to bash Trump.

Why do you assume he hasn't donated anything? Do you not claim to try and look for the best in people first?

10 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Or is cluttering up threads with mish-mash repetitive trump supportive statements like "Another one that can't wrap their head around the difference between rates and raw numbers." on a twice a week basis.

Each time I was replying to someone specific, not starting new threads like you and then talking to myself when nobody replied.:p

14 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Both you and airdvr like to boast about trump's performances yet cannot quote the "raw" or is it "rates"?

My comments had nothing to do with Trump. 

It's very simple, the U.K, France, Spain, Italy, and Belgium have covid fatality and per capita death rates that are 2-3 times higher than the U.S, so you can't really say things like "the U.S got the worst of it in the whole entire world!"

I stated it is irrelevant if he donated or not.

Then why did you state that the line of thinking 'doesn't allow one to bash Trump'? If Phil has donated anything at all then I cannot think of any possible way that either Bart's question or Phil's response would invalidate his criticism of Trump.

The only way the question could possibly disallow Phil from bashing Trump is if the answer is that he had not donated. Ergo, the assumption he has not donated is implicit in your post.

5 minutes ago, airdvr said:

You mean like Philbot does?

As far as I'm aware Phil has not made any such claim.

And as a more general point - if one can fully excuse a failure to live up to standards set for oneself by just pointing to someone else and saying "it's fine because they didn't live up to my standards either" then in what meaningful way can one ever actually possess one's own standards or hold oneself to account? That's a crap way of looking at the world.

11 minutes ago, jakee said:

As far as I'm aware Phil has not made any such claim.

And as a more general point - if one can fully excuse a failure to live up to standards set for oneself by just pointing to someone else and saying "it's fine because they didn't live up to my standards either" then in what meaningful way can one ever actually possess one's own standards or hold oneself to account? That's a crap way of looking at the world.

And thus, Religion is born.

16 minutes ago, jakee said:

Then why did you state that the line of thinking 'doesn't allow one to bash Trump'? If Phil has donated anything at all then I cannot think of any possible way that either Bart's question or Phil's response would invalidate his criticism of Trump.

The only way the question could possibly disallow Phil from bashing Trump is if the answer is that he had not donated. Ergo, the assumption he has not donated is implicit in your post.

Your logic is incorrect.

It doesn't matter even a little if Phil donated or not - he is pointing out that Trump should have plenty of donatable monies and hasn't yet done so.  He further stated that he wouldn't make donations.

His posting of the finances, and his assumptions of the future, are put forth in a derogatory tone to do only one thing - Bash Trump.

There doesn't have to be any reason or self morality on Phil's behalf to generate a Trump Bashing post.

The posts are satisfying basic need for Phil to be able to express his frustration and angst.  He also knows he has an agreeable (for the most part) audience here to post to.

So the assumption is an "IF"; as in, "If Phil was a billionaire, then he would have donated" would be implicit.

Since that isnt a realistic option.  It doesn't matter in the least to any one Phil intended to read his post, if he was a billionaire and would have donated.  He fulfilled his intention.

5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

he posts are satisfying basic need for Phil to be able to express his frustration and angst.  He also knows he has an agreeable (for the most part) audience here to post to.

I once agreed with Phil and encouraged his posting style by comparing it to Marg's.  Obviously tho, Marg wasn't a troll and didn't over do it.

With Phil it's like a child that get's all excited when you laugh at his jokes and then starts acting obnoxious.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Your logic is incorrect. It doesn't matter even a little if Phil donated or not -

Right - so how does asking the question 'how much have you donated' disqualify Phil from criticising Trump for not donating?

If Phil says 'I donated nothing' - OK, there you go. You can call Phil out for being a hypocrite. How can he attack Trump for not donating when he hasn't donated himself!?! That would be fair.

If Phil says 'I donated <insert amount of $ here>' - how does that 'line of thinking' disqualify him criticising Trump? If you only answer one thing from this post, answer that.

Imagine the conversation:

Bartsdaddy: How much have you donated Phil?

Phil: I donated $1000.

Turtlespeed: Then you can't attack Trump for not donating!

Tell me how that makes sense to you.

<Rest of strange post>

That is all highly convoluted. Luckily I don't have to untangle it all because it is simply irrelevant. Bartsdaddy didn't ask "how much would you have donated if you were a billionaire". He asked "how much have you donated". That's the line of thought. How much real money has the real Phil donated from his real bank account.

Your hypothetical flight of fancy regarding billionaire Phil is nonsensical and wierd. I think it's fairly obviously just a post hoc excuse.

Edited by jakee

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

I read them. 

You only dislike it because your Trumpishness is terrific. 

5 minutes ago, kallend said:

I read them. 

You only dislike it because your Trumpishness is terrific. 

Its difficult for trump supporters to read and personally  interpret complex issues.Well even simple issues. Reading long articles takes time and questioning the logic and accuracy of the story line requires effort.

For trump soundbites and FOX video links its easy. They often lie then offer opinion as fact. When you go to the FOX website there is very little written content. Its almost all video. Usually presented by an attractive young blonde women. In order to sustain the interest of its older white male demographic. But I digress.

"Bartsdaddy" ? This is a forum about politics, guns, religion, etc. Perhaps if the usual cast of trump supporters is interested in finding out how much each poster here has donated. Since thats not really a contentious issue they could poll in the Bonfire section.

But it seems clear now after several replies that his supporters concede that trump will be out of office before he either donates or accepts responsibility.For the whole C-19 debacle. The SOP to distract, deflect, deny and sidestep.By his supporters and apologists. Duly acknowledged.

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

How long will it be till trump either makes a donation regarding C-19 or announces a personal fundraiser for C-19 relief?

Sorry its a trick question, obviously never.

The Trump Foundation's record of stealing from charities that led to its being closed down and fined would lead me to suspect ANY claim Trump made about donating to anything worthy.

11 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Its difficult for trump supporters to read and personally  interpret complex issues.

For many liberals here it's difficult to interpret simple issues, like the difference between rates and raw numbers. . .snicker.

Trump will respond in the way he always does. He will look for a way to exploit the situation for his personal profit. If he cannot find a way to personally profit he will look for a way for his family to profit. He will never donate anything to anyone, unless there is someway to turn that to his advantage.