"Thanks, Celebrities!"

(edited)

When you've finished on Youtube for today could you get round to uploading your Edinburgh holiday photos?

I'm looking forward to seeing what St Giles Mosque looks like these days.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mistercwood said:

Australian "celebrity" comedians are widely known for taking the piss out of themselves, this isn't hypocrisy.

So a celebrity using their access to the media, to mock other celebrities for their access to the media being called out by someone for the act of celebrities using their access to the media...yeah. Not hypocritical in the least.

(edited)

Greta has been part of a bunch of viral comedy vids, and is aussie like me, but I couldn't have told you her name. Like, I used quotes on "celebrity" for a reason.

I don't think it's unreasonable for her to call out celebrities like Ellen saying quarantine is like prison, or JT saying full time parenting is an insane workload that's unimaginable because it's the first time he's had to do it.

The platform's just aren't comparable.

EDIT: Wait, maybe I'm misunderstanding - are you thinking Mark's calling out Greta as a hypocrit? I thought he just posted the vid because it's funny.

Edited by mistercwood

I get what you mean now. Maybe I'm giving her too much credit at being a celebrity I guess.

I think the celebrities mocking their "miserable" experiences was funnier than her mocking them for being miserable celebrities while she is actually the same.

Meh, maybe it's just me and I didn't understand it. That's very possible too, I just didn't find it funny and recognized her as a celebrity. A position in public life that I will never understand the perspective most citizens have about them.