1 1
rushmc

Things have not changed here I C

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

This.

 

Edited to add: what is the most telling is that Republicans for years have said this is fair treatment by LEO and that if people didn't do anything wrong, they have nothing to lose by being honest. Millions of black people have been sent to prison using this tactic, and the fucking Republicans thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

But, now that it happened to a white general, now it is a big problem. Never mind Flynn and his son are crooked. 

I always find it entertaining to see rich, old, entitled, white men finally understand the criminal justice system and how the law actually works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday, this post had over a hundred views and no responses after 6 hours, and this was a good thing.

Then all it took was added bait from the second most ignorable poster on the entire forum, and you all had to take a bite. This was a great opportunity to leave him shouting into the void, and you failed.

Every one of you should be ashamed.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

Yesterday, this post had over a hundred views and no responses after 6 hours, and this was a good thing.

Then all it took was added bait from the second most ignorable poster on the entire forum, and you all had to take a bite. This was a great opportunity to leave him shouting into the void, and you failed.

Every one of you should be ashamed.

And now there is two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rushmc said:

By the way, the documents have been released. You're just not seeing them on your new sources.

I'm not seeing the one that says he didn't lie.

 

What's your source for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SkyDekker said:
12 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Otherwise you are nothing more than a partisan hack spewing bullshit.

 That is because you are caught up in some conspiracy theory bullshit as a extremely biased partisan hack.

Why do you guys feel the need to throw out insults all the time?

Do you really need them to help yourself feel superior?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jakee said:

I'm not seeing the one that says he didn't lie.

 

What's your source for that?

I'm a little torn on this.

On one hand, he admitted to the wrong doing, and should be held accountable.  Apparently, even Flynn himself believes he did the crime.  I wonder how much of his guilty plea was due to a plea deal, though.

On the other hand - the system is set up in a way that should prevent setups like the ones that are being portrayed.  It even seems that some posters here are equating the alleged railroading as "something that always happens to normal folk" so it happening to Flynn is, therefore acceptable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

On the other hand - the system is set up in a way that should prevent setups like the ones that are being portrayed.  It even seems that some posters here are equating the alleged railroading as "something that always happens to normal folk" so it happening to Flynn is, therefore acceptable.

The system has narrow boundaries where this kind of thing is acceptable; it's the basis of many an appeal. Those rules should apply to everyone. If you think the police should never be allowed to lie, then there goes trying to play one perp off another when you have multiple perps, and you're trying to get one of them to cave. It's a murky area, but real life has murky areas, and everyone should have to swim in them if they go into those waters.

As it is, rich and important people get immeasurably better legal representation; there is better justice for them. To say they also shouldn't be subject to the same rules is kind of tacky.

Wendy P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The system has narrow boundaries where this kind of thing is acceptable; it's the basis of many an appeal. Those rules should apply to everyone. If you think the police should never be allowed to lie, then there goes trying to play one perp off another when you have multiple perps, and you're trying to get one of them to cave. It's a murky area, but real life has murky areas, and everyone should have to swim in them if they go into those waters.

As it is, rich and important people get immeasurably better legal representation; there is better justice for them. To say they also shouldn't be subject to the same rules is kind of tacky.

Wendy P.

We agree on that.

Justice is expensive. 

In a lot of cases, you can have proper justice for yourself, but only if you can afford it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
40 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Why do you guys feel the need to throw out insults all the time?

In my biased opinion, I think for some people on the left  (not necessarity Dekker) it all started out as giving the right a taste of their own medicine so they can see how it feels and perhaps modify their behavior, but it went too far for too long and now they've become what they despise, which is why they're likely to nominate/support a man that they would've otherwise considered to be deplorable.

The good thing tho, is that there is still time to make it right.

 

It sort of reminds me of Galatians 6:1

"Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted."
 

Edited by Coreece

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rushmc said:

For anybody who thinks that this investigation followed normal FBI tactics

?? It didn't.  They were investigating one of Trump's close associates, and Trump has been shown to use the power of his office to dodge justice for his crimes, and the crimes of his associates.  Unusual measures were called for, just as they were in Nixon's case.

However, no one has shown that the FBI did anything illegal before Flynn confessed to his crimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Why do you guys feel the need to throw out insults all the time?

Do you really need them to help yourself feel superior?

What is the right likes to say?

 

Does snowflake need a safe space?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

On the other hand - the system is set up in a way that should prevent setups like the ones that are being portrayed.  

Well, clearly it isn't. The DoJ docs appear to show the agents and counsel involved being very careful to ensure that they weren't doing anything to contravene Bureau policy, even to make sure it wouldn't appear to contravene policy. Ironically it's those very exchanges 'If we're going to do this, are we sure it's ok?' that the right is using to somehow claim they were knowingly doing stuff that was not ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

What is the right likes to say?

 

Does snowflake need a safe space?

That term in this forum seems to have been used exclusively by the left for about 3 years against conservative posters that have never called anyone a snowflake.

https://www.dropzone.com/search/?&q=snowflake&page=1&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

 

It kind of illustrates the point in my previous post.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

That term in this forum seems to have been used exclusively by the left for about 3 years against conservative posters that have never called anyone a snowflake.

https://www.dropzone.com/search/?&q=snowflake&page=1&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

 

It kind of illustrates the point in my previous post.

 

I'm pretty sure that if I posted a response to someone here, like "Does Snowflake need a safe space", or, "What a whinysnowflake." I would be the recipient of a posting vacation.¬¬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Coreece said:

That term in this forum seems to have been used exclusively by the left for about 3 years against conservative posters that have never called anyone a snowflake.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/the-less-lovely-side-of-snowflake

It has a long history in the USA. It was being used in social media including on this site when I began to use it as you state. I chose it because I like to use turnabouts.

Edited by gowlerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm pretty sure that if I posted a response to someone here, like "Does Snowflake need a safe space", or, "What a whinysnowflake." I would be the recipient of a posting vacation.¬¬

Then I'm pretty sure you must be able to find examples of right wingers being banned only for using the word 'snowflake'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm pretty sure that if I posted a response to someone here, like "Does Snowflake need a safe space", or, "What a whinysnowflake." I would be the recipient of a posting vacation.¬¬

Are you playing the victim card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

1 1