1 1
rushmc

Things have not changed here I C

(edited)
10 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

So when Trump and Flynn both said that Flynn had lied to the VP and to the FBI, they were lying?

The United States of America is a joke.

Flynn also said he lied when he pled guilty.

To a judge.

I don't think he was under oath at the time, so it's not perjury, but it's at least contempt of court.

Edit to add:

Wasn't Flynn's guilty plea part of a 'plea deal'?

That is, he agreed to plead guilty in exchange for other charges being dropped?

I highly doubt that the "Justice Dept" of the Mango Mussolini would go back and reinstate those dropped charges, but that would be really funny.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

Just to be clear,  the Justice Department said it dropped the matter because those lies were not “materially” relevant to the Russia investigation.

So there is no claim that he didn't lie, just that the lies didn't matter in the opinion of the administration being investigated.

Got it.

10 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Sky,

You always refer to him as Sky, but doesn't Dekker just sound cooler?  I mean look at his avatar, that could be the face of a new TV crime drama, Dekker - CSIS Toronto

• Like 1

So when Trump and Flynn both said that Flynn had lied to the VP and to the FBI, they were lying?

The US isn't a joke. But this Flynn chapter, trump and Barr. Expose serious limitations of its constitution and the functioning of its democracy. IMO it arises from the electoral system and tribalism. Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and others have populists like trump.

They have also damaged the respective institutions of those countries. Like law, commerce and the rights of minorities.

1 minute ago, kallend said:

Just to be clear,  the Justice Department said it dropped the matter because those lies were not “materially” relevant to the Russia investigation.

So there is no claim that he didn't lie, just that the lies didn't matter in the opinion of the administration being investigated.

Got it.

True, but also irrelevant to the rule of law and other investigations that were ongoing at that time.

19 hours ago, kallend said:

So when he said he lied, he was lying?

Fascinating things happen in Trumpworld.

And when he lied to Pence and got fired for lying to Pence was he lying about lying to Pence or did Pence lie about his lying.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

The US isn't a joke.

• Nuns get arrested for protesting in a federal building
  • Armed militia men storm federal building and nothing happens
  • DOJ is a full on political body
  • American mercenaries try to invade Venezuela
  • Black man is lynched for taking a jog and nothing happens until authorities are forced to act due to the video coming out
  • etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, the US is a joke.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DJL said:

And when he lied to Pence and got fired for lying to Pence was he lying about lying to Pence or did Pence lie about his lying.

Judge Sullivan at Traitor Flynn's hearing:

“I want to be frank with you, this crime is very serious…. Not only did you lie to the FBI, you lied to senior officials in the incoming administration…. I am not hiding my disgust, my disdain for your criminal offense.”

There is no doubt given the physical proof, Flynn betrayed his country and lied about it, then reneged about the lies.

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:
  • Nuns get arrested for protesting in a federal building
  • Armed militia men storm federal building and nothing happens
  • DOJ is a full on political body
  • American mercenaries try to invade Venezuela
  • Black man is lynched for taking a jog and nothing happens until authorities are forced to act due to the video coming out
  • etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, the US is a joke.

1. Since when does a nun get immunity. Please provide specifics if their arrest was unwarranted. This reads like something trump would throw out.

2. The armed individuals walked in. Please provide specifics that they belonged to a "militia" and that they "stormed" i.e. forced their entrance. I concede this is bananaish

3. I'll concede this is all out Dole banana republic.

4. Other countries have instances where local justice officials act to protect friends. The State of Georgia acted w/o federal involvement.

1 hour ago, normiss said:

Judge Sullivan at Traitor Flynn's hearing:

“I want to be frank with you, this crime is very serious…. Not only did you lie to the FBI, you lied to senior officials in the incoming administration…. I am not hiding my disgust, my disdain for your criminal offense.”

There is no doubt given the physical proof, Flynn betrayed his country and lied about it, then reneged about the lies.

Yes, YES and YES again.

35 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

1. Since when does a nun get immunity. Please provide specifics if their arrest was unwarranted. This reads like something trump would throw out.

2. The armed individuals walked in. Please provide specifics that they belonged to a "militia" and that they "stormed" i.e. forced their entrance. I concede this is bananaish

3. I'll concede this is all out Dole banana republic.

4. Other countries have instances where local justice officials act to protect friends. The State of Georgia acted w/o federal involvement.

Well, see the thing is. You can bring guns in, you just cannot bring a sign in. That alone shows what a joke it is.

(edited)
18 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

We now know the LIE Flynn supposedly perpetrated was based off of a modified, no, heavily modified 302 interview FBI doc. That modification was done by Strok. They originally didn't think he lied but they kept it open to go after him. So then he finally after being broke by defending himself said he would plead guilty so they wouldn't go after his son for the same type of b*******. What a great country we have. What a great bunch of people we have that support that crap

Edited by rushmc

3 minutes ago, rushmc said:

We now know the LIE Flynn supposedly perpetrated was based off of a modified, no, heavily modified 302 interview FBI doc. That modification was done by Strok. They originally didn't think he lied but they kept it open to go after him. So then he finally after being broke by defending himself said he would plead guilty so they wouldn't go after his son for the same type of b*******. What a great country we have. What a great bunch of people we have that support that crap

You have supported it for decades. Your prisons are filled with tens of thousands of people who have plead guilty because the alternatives presented were worse. Your entire system is based on survival of the rich.

Your outrage now is hollow, you have never given a fuck.

11 minutes ago, rushmc said:

We now know the LIE Flynn supposedly perpetrated  . . . 

We now know that Flynn is a confessed, convicted criminal.   So it makes sense that Trumpies will support him.  Heck, if he assaults a dozen or so women, gets Russia to hack the next election and gets a few hundred million in cash from China, he could be the next GOP candidate for president!

50 minutes ago, billvon said:

We now know that Flynn is a confessed, convicted criminal.   So it makes sense that Trumpies will support him.  Heck, if he assaults a dozen or so women, gets Russia to hack the next election and gets a few hundred million in cash from China, he could be the next GOP candidate for president!

Nope we do not! But you got the talking points down pat.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

You have supported it for decades. Your prisons are filled with tens of thousands of people who have plead guilty because the alternatives presented were worse. Your entire system is based on survival of the rich.

Your outrage now is hollow, you have never given a fuck.

Danger Will Robinson we have a goal post change

(edited)
7 minutes ago, rushmc said:

Danger Will Robinson we have a goal post change

Uhm no, it is directly to your point. What you claim has happened to Flynn has happened to tens of thousands of Americans who are still incarcerated. You have never, ever expressed any concern for them, at all, in any way shape or form. As a matter of fact, you are generally part of the "what is wrong with following the law" crowd.

So why are you upset now, but have not cared at all in the past?

Edited by SkyDekker

21 minutes ago, rushmc said:

Right - so because a woman who was not part of the investigation or the administration didn't know anything that affects the credibility of the investigation?

Ok cool, let's try this - since my mate Dave doesn't know anything about Benghazi will you finally admit the Clinton investigation was a witchunt?

59 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Uhm no, it is directly to your point. What you claim has happened to Flynn has happened to tens of thousands of Americans who are still incarcerated. You have never, ever expressed any concern for them, at all, in any way shape or form. As a matter of fact, you are generally part of the "what is wrong with following the law" crowd.

So why are you upset now, but have not cared at all in the past?

You'll have to show me where I've claimed that

On 5/1/2020 at 8:49 PM, wmw999 said:

The system has narrow boundaries where this kind of thing is acceptable; it's the basis of many an appeal. Those rules should apply to everyone. If you think the police should never be allowed to lie, then there goes trying to play one perp off another when you have multiple perps, and you're trying to get one of them to cave. It's a murky area, but real life has murky areas, and everyone should have to swim in them if they go into those waters.

As it is, rich and important people get immeasurably better legal representation; there is better justice for them. To say they also shouldn't be subject to the same rules is kind of tacky.

Wendy P.

Last year I learned a lot about the police and my views have changed as a result. My son (18 year old) broke the law. It was a stupid but relatively normal teenage action. Granted my partner and I had warned him numerous times but teenagers know best.

Anyway he was arrested and spent 5-6 hours being questioned and was terrified and traumatised. It’s now 2 years since he was arrested and still waiting court, he eventually plead guilty to a charge that is quite serious simply to end the uncertainty and stress and potentially faces a year in prison. A relatively small stupid act has destroyed his life. He’s developed massive anxiety and depression, got his face tattooed because he was scared of looking weak in prison (which he may never go to as it is probably a suspended sentence).

I would like to see more social support, recognition of mental health issues for vulnerable people. I don’t know if the USA is worse than here in Aus, I believe it is.