1 1
rushmc

Things have not changed here I C

4 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

The Storm is coming.

WWG1WGA

That sounds to me exactly like he should have trusted the FBI less and been lawyered up.

NEVER talk to a LEO that wants to ask you questions without a lawyer present, unless you want to put yourself at risk of what you say being used in anyway they want to use it.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

NEVER talk to a LEO that wants to ask you questions without a lawyer present, unless you want to put yourself at risk of what you say being used in anyway they want to use it.

And ESPECIALLY don't talk to LEO if you are guilty and want to avoid jail time.

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Obviously. Although if you lie to the FBI with your lawyer present they're going to use it all the same. The lawyer would probably have been smart enough to tell him to shut up altogether though.

Funny thing is the documents make clear that if he hadn't lied they were planning to send his Logan Act breaches to the prosecutors anyway. They went with the lying because it was a simpler case and slam dunk prosecution. Imagine that, law enforcement trying to save government time and taxpayer money by sending an easier case to the courts and the Republicans still find a way to have a problem with it. 

43 minutes ago, jakee said:

Obviously. Although if you lie to the FBI with your lawyer present they're going to use it all the same. The lawyer would probably have been smart enough to tell him to shut up altogether though.

Funny thing is the documents make clear that if he hadn't lied they were planning to send his Logan Act breaches to the prosecutors anyway. They went with the lying because it was a simpler case and slam dunk prosecution. Imagine that, law enforcement trying to save government time and taxpayer money by sending an easier case to the courts and the Republicans still find a way to have a problem with it. 

That's how it appears.

On 5/2/2020 at 9:38 AM, turtlespeed said:

That sounds to me exactly like he should have trusted the FBI less and been lawyered up.

Yes.  He knew exactly what he did and should've known that in any conversation with the FBI he needed a lawyer with him.

(edited)
3 hours ago, DJL said:

Yes.  He knew exactly what he did and should've known that in any conversation with the FBI he needed a lawyer with him.

At what point did he simply fold to protect his son from being charged and going down with dad?

Edited by normiss

On 5/1/2020 at 10:47 AM, billvon said:

?? It didn't.  They were investigating one of Trump's close associates, and Trump has been shown to use the power of his office to dodge justice for his crimes, and the crimes of his associates.  Unusual measures were called for, just as they were in Nixon's case.

However, no one has shown that the FBI did anything illegal before Flynn confessed to his crimes.

the story grows if you guys are following it anywhere. Looks to me like flinn's going to have everything taken away as his plea will be vacated and the charges dropped

Just now, rushmc said:

the story grows if you guys are following it anywhere. Looks to me like flinn's going to have everything taken away as his plea will be vacated and the charges dropped

Your reply is a perfect example of why I said things have not changed here.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:46 PM, normiss said:

At what point did he simply fold to protect his son from being charged and going down with dad?

Documents released today and reported by his lawyer pretty much show that he was framed as were many others

It also appears that Durham and bar are seeking criminal indictments. I don't know what you guys are going to do with all this gets out

8 minutes ago, rushmc said:
8 minutes ago, rushmc said:

That is genius.

• Like 5

Just now, billvon said:

Trump's justice department ensured that justice would be derailed.  An admitted criminal will walk free.

Well, an admitted sexual predator is Leader of the Free World.  On the whole that bothers me more.

21 hours ago, rushmc said:

Documents released today and reported by his lawyer pretty much show that he was framed as were many others

It also appears that Durham and bar are seeking criminal indictments. I don't know what you guys are going to do with all this gets out

Well you haven't changed. These posts properly belong in "The US is a Banana Republic Thread"

28 minutes ago, billvon said:

Trump's justice department ensured that justice would be derailed.  An admitted criminal will walk free.

no what happened was the truth come out when internal documents were finally released. It's already known that struck completely rewrote the 302 and they were trying to entrap him from the beginning so they could continue the Russia hoax investigation.

Nice try bill but that boat don't float

39 minutes ago, rushmc said:

based on the documents he's being forced to release Schift is going to look like the hoax an a****** he really is

You already know what's in the documents he's going to release?

6 minutes ago, rushmc said:

no what happened was the truth come out when internal documents were finally released. It's already known that struck completely rewrote the 302 and they were trying to entrap him from the beginning so they could continue the Russia hoax investigation.

He wasn't entrapped.

(edited)
On 5/4/2020 at 7:46 PM, normiss said:

Comey already admitted he did not follow procedure and tried to entrap Flynn! He'll, he admitted it on a national interview on TV for Christ's sake

Edited by rushmc