1 1
kallend

Pity for the USA

16 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

And maybe Donald Trump is more complex that we give him credit for, too. Doesn't make him a good president, but he is a human being.

Wendy P.

I always tend to separate narcissistic, predatory psychologies. From those who may have psychological defects arising from childhood abuse, fetal alcohol syndrome, drugs, etc.

Anyone who tends to prey upon the weak, the foolish or the elderly. Tends to set my fuse to short and response.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

And maybe Donald Trump is more complex that we give him credit for, too. Doesn't make him a good president, but he is a human being.

Wendy P.

Thanks Wendy.  That's exactly what I'm trying to get across.  He may be as fucked up as a football-bat, but he's not snack food.  

16 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Thanks Wendy.  That's exactly what I'm trying to get across.  He may be as fucked up as a football-bat, but he's not snack food.  

Ok, so it's wrong to make fun of Trump making himself orange because it hurts his feeling and dehumanises him. Right.

So if you take a fairly devout religious person and claim that they are not a follower of that religion, have always lied about it and in fact secretly follow a completely different religion, do yu not think that could fall into the category of things that are hurtful and dehumanising?

(edited)
13 minutes ago, jakee said:

Ok, so it's wrong to make fun of Trump making himself orange because it hurts his feeling and dehumanises him. Right.

So if you take a fairly devout religious person and claim that they are not a follower of that religion, have always lied about it and in fact secretly follow a completely different religion, do yu not think that could fall into the category of things that are hurtful and dehumanising?

Everything is subjective.  That scenario you described, is along the lines of calling someone a KKK member when they haven't ever been affiliated with them.  Its supposition, and meant to do harm, but so is calling someone a snowflake.  

There is a vast difference between something that hurts someones feels, and when you try to dehumanize them.

One is their problem, and the other is yours.

Edited by turtlespeed

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

Everything is subjective.  That scenario you described, is along the lines of calling someone a KKK member when they haven't ever been affiliated with them.  Its supposition, and meant to do harm, but so is calling someone a snowflake.

Ok, why is seriously calling someone a KKK member (a horrible, despicable thing to be) not dehumanising, why is claiming that someone who has Christianity as a central part of their identity isn't really a Christian not dehumanising, but making fun of someone's bad makeup is dehumanising?

There is a vast difference between something that hurts someones feels, and when you try to dehumanize them.

What is the difference? Why does poking fun at someone's makeup dehumanise them, but claiming that one of the pillars of their own self-identification is a lie does not dehumanise them?

One is their problem, and the other is yours.

Which way around is this? Trump using bad makeup is his problem, or people claiming Obama is secretly following a different religion is his probem?

(edited)
5 minutes ago, jakee said:

Ok, why is seriously calling someone a KKK member (a horrible, despicable thing to be) not dehumanising, why is claiming that someone who has Christianity as a central part of their identity isn't really a Christian not dehumanising, but making fun of someone's bad makeup is dehumanising?

Well, because the last time I checked, you still had to be human to be part of those things.

Why are you defending discrimination and hate so much?

Ah - I forgot.  Never mind. You just want to find an argument with me.

Edited by turtlespeed

(edited)
7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Well, because the last time I checked, you still had to be human to be part of those things.

Which non-humans have you ever seen use fake tan? I'll wait.

Why are you defending discrimination and hate so much?

You equated anti-semitic propaganda shortly before the holocaust to 'childish' behaviour, and sarcastically dismissed denying a devout person's religious beliefs as something that would merely 'hurt someone's feels' - while maintaining that jokes about spray tan are more serious.

Look in the mirror bro, your defence of systematic hatred in this thread is despicable. But don't take my word for it, go to your nearest synagogue and try telling them that calling Trump the Mango Mussolini (Mussolini also human, by the way) is the same as European anti-semitism just before the Final Solution. See where that gets you.

Edited by jakee

31 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You're one of those people who can't figure out why you can't call black people the N-word since they call their black friends that, aren't you.

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

Which non-humans have you ever seen use fake tan? I'll wait.

You equated anti-semitic propaganda shortly before the holocaust to 'childish' behaviour, and sarcastically dismissed denying a devout person's religious beliefs as something that would merely 'hurt someone's feels' - while maintaining that jokes about spray tan are more serious.

Look in the mirror bro, your defence of systematic hatred in this thread is despicable. But don't take my word for it, go to your nearest synagogue and try telling them that calling Trump the Mango Mussolini (Mussolini also human, by the way) is the same as European anti-semitism just before the Final Solution. See where that gets you.

Nope.  

just Nope.<SMH>

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Nope.  

just Nope.<SMH>

Yes, just yes. The double standard of outrage you've had to apply to try and cling to your point is mind bending. The degree to which you have tried to trivialise one of the worst examples of systemic racism in history in order to try and associate it with jokes about bad spray tan is utterly despicable. All while dismissing and defending the real, tangible racist conspiracy theories levelled against the previous president because of the natural colour of his skin. 

Do youself a favour and be reasonable for once before you get too comfortable down there with the purveyors of hatred and discrimination.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Yes, just yes. The double standard of outrage you've had to apply to try and cling to your point is mind bending. The degree to which you have tried to trivialise one of the worst examples of systemic racism in history in order to try and associate it with jokes about bad spray tan is utterly despicable. All while dismissing and defending the real, tangible racist conspiracy theories levelled against the previous president because of the natural colour of his skin. 

Do youself a favour and be reasonable for once before you get too comfortable down there with the purveyors of hatred and discrimination.

If you really believe the way to have tried and twisted my words around to mean that I I think and compare childishness to preholocaust antisemitism, you have much deeper problems to deal with.

Do yourself a favor and find your own reason.

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

If you really believe the way to have tried and twisted my words around to mean that I I think and compare childishness to preholocaust antisemitism, you have much deeper problems to deal with.

Do yourself a favor and find your own reason.

You remind me of the guy who wouldn't understand why Fuzzy Zoeller's comments about Tiger Woods were racists.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You remind me of the guy who wouldn't understand why Fuzzy Zoeller's comments about Tiger Woods were racists.

So do you.

Actually no, I'm reminded of Brent and how he's arguing against climate change.

Edited by turtlespeed

45 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The problem is yours. You said that making fun of Trump's fake tan was like anti-semitic propaganda from the '30s and '40s, and you said you equate making fun of Trump's fake tan to making fun of Michelle Obama's physique and that it is childishand immature. If you meant both comparisons, there you are.

Look, I'm sure that now you've had time to calm down you can't believe you did anything so bloody stupid as compare jokes about fake tan with the pervasive racism that lead to one of the worst genocides in history, but lashing out isn't the way to fix that. Just do what any normal person would and retract it. Otherwise you can attempt to antagonise and belittle all you want, but what you said is still out there.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

The problem is yours. You said that making fun of Trump's fake tan was like anti-semitic propaganda from the '30s and '40s, and you said you equate making fun of Trump's fake tan to making fun of Michelle Obama's physique and that it is childishand immature. If you meant both comparisons, there you are.

Look, I'm sure that now you've had time to calm down you can't believe you did anything so bloody stupid as compare jokes about fake tan with the pervasive racism that lead to one of the worst genocides in history, but lashing out isn't the way to fix that. Just do what any normal person would and retract it. Otherwise you can attempt to antagonise and belittle all you want, but what you said is still out there.

I'm not the one that seems to need to introduce calm into their lives.

16 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm not the one that seems to need to introduce calm into their lives.

Of course not, that's why you can't keep your arguments straight, why you make such absurd comparisons, why you throw around accusations of 'deep problems' - it's because you are so very calm.

Of course, you keep insisting that Trump is the victim of dehumanising racism just like the Jews in the ghetto because of jokes about his spray tan, and just keep insisting you never saw any posting against Obama here that could possibly have been tinged with racism. That'll show everyone just how calm and reasonable you are.

1 minute ago, jakee said:

Of course not, that's why you can't keep your arguments straight, why you make such absurd comparisons, why you throw around accusations of 'deep problems' - it's because you are so very calm.

Of course, you keep insisting that Trump is the victim of dehumanising racism just like the Jews in the ghetto because of jokes about his spray tan, and just keep insisting you never saw any posting against Obama here that could possibly have been tinged with racism. That'll show everyone just how calm and reasonable you are.

Your hate for him colors your responses more than you realize.

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

Because I don't think jokes about his spray tan are the same thing as systemic anti-semitism in the early 1940s I must hate him? Does that really make sense inside your head?

By your logic, your denial of any racist element in the conspiracy theories against Obama means you must still be holding onto truly incandescent rage against him. It's been years, dude. Time to let go and rejoin reality.

39 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

At least he stands for something. You may not agree with it, but he is consistent with his stance. Much more than can be said for you. You don't seem to actually stand for anything.

52 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

At least he stands for something. You may not agree with it, but he is consistent with his stance. Much more than can be said for you. You don't seem to actually stand for anything.

?? He stands for making you angry.