1 1
kallend

Pity for the USA

21 minutes ago, airdvr said:

A colossal waste of taxpayer money.

Perhaps if you were forced to participate in such a pointless, colossal waste of time and money, you would take an "arrogant" and dismissive approach as well?

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

Perhaps if you were forced to participate in such a pointless, colossal waste of time and money, you would take an "arrogant" and dismissive approach as well?

Possible.  But I'm not the Sec. of State.  You seem to hold Trump to a different set of standards.

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

You seem to hold Trump to a different set of standards.

?? Trump would have just refused to appear, calling it "witch hunt" "fake news" "hoax."  Clinton sat through hours of useless testimony to prove her innocence.

Clinton lived up to a far higher standard than Trump ever will.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Possible.  But I'm not the Sec. of State.  You seem to hold Trump to a different set of standards.

By saying he's holding Trump to a different set of standards you appear to be equating them and equating her reaction to a situation that Trump has been in.  Yet you don't see his disdain for those proceedings to be a mark against him, just this one photographic moment of skepticism.  Not tweetstorms, tirades, Fox News sponsored bashings on interviews.  She didn't make petty insults about their looks, their weight, the way they drink water, their sexuality or country of origin, didn't insult their intelligence.  She just made a face that showed an intentional and unflappable expression of bored skepticism.

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

Not that at all.  It was the arrogant way she testified.  Talk about the ruling class...

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Compared to a man who felt he  . . . could grab women by the pussy, because he's famous enough to get away with it?

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

I have a feeling a lot of his ardent defenders find that aspirational.

For his base, trump's refusal to testify under oath all together isn't arrogant. Refusing to directly answer Mueller's questions wasn't arrogant. trump's naming of all his family and co-conspirators conversations as privileged wasn't arrogant. It wasn't just being a part of the ruling class.

Take your pick and fill in the ________. Because trump, his base and FOX have a ever changing B.S. reason.

35 minutes ago, DJL said:

By saying he's holding Trump to a different set of standards you appear to be equating them and equating her reaction to a situation that Trump has been in.  Yet you don't see his disdain for those proceedings to be a mark against him, just this one photographic moment of skepticism.  Not tweetstorms, tirades, Fox News sponsored bashings on interviews.  She didn't make petty insults about their looks, their weight, the way they drink water, their sexuality or country of origin, didn't insult their intelligence. 

Exactly.  And if Trump had been in the same position, and mocked a crippled panel member, his supporters would have cheered to see Trump "getting a good one in."

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

I don't know about you guys...I'm talking about Hillary, you guys seem to be focused on Trump.

He is the current President. Why are you focused on Hillary? She isn't the current anything.

11 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I'm not the o p who put up the picture.  You should ask DJL

Ok, but her arrogance clearly still bothers you, and that you think she is 'ruling class'. As mentioned, Trump is far more arrogant, far more of a ruling class elite than Clinton and he is both President now and running for election to be President.

Doesn't that also bother you?

You believe him to be arrogant.  I don't.  I believe him to unpolished.  He shoots from then hip and while I cringe at some of what he says I also know that we're experiencing a POTUS that doesn't depend on handlers scrubbing every word they say to make sure it doesn't upset the sheople.

36 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I'm not the o p who put up the picture.  You should ask DJL

I see it as a picture of someone who took the stand and ruled the room.  She batted down the entire farce as a nonsensical waste of time and the expression on her face says it all.  IN YOUR WORDS: "A colossal waste of taxpayer money."

THAT is the person I want running the country.

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

You believe him to be arrogant.  I don't.  I believe him to unpolished.  He shoots from then hip and while I cringe at some of what he says I also know that we're experiencing a POTUS that doesn't depend on handlers scrubbing every word they say to make sure it doesn't upset the sheople.

Yet you can't handle a single momentary facial expression from Hillary Clinton without saying "Thanks for reminding me of on of the reasons she didn't win."  "Not that at all.  It was the arrogant way she testified.  Talk about the ruling class..."

You are kidding yourself to think that SHE is is of the ruling class yet Trump is not.  The guy who lives in THIS room:

Inside Donald and Melania Trump's Manhattan Apartment Mansion ...

3 minutes ago, DJL said:

Yet you can't handle a single momentary facial expression from Hillary Clinton without saying "Thanks for reminding me of on of the reasons she didn't win."  "Not that at all.  It was the arrogant way she testified.  Talk about the ruling class..."

You are kidding yourself to think that SHE is is of the ruling class yet Trump is not.  The guy who lives in THIS room:

I don't care where either of them live...but if you want...

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/hillary-clinton-washington-home-photos/index.html

5500 s f. in DC

The title of the thread is pity for the USA and I must say I felt that yesterday. Turns out that storming the capitol with guns in Michigan is perfectly legal, as long as you don't bring signs. You cannot brings signs in....

How fucked up are things down there....

42 minutes ago, airdvr said:

You believe him to be arrogant.  I don't.  I believe him to unpolished.  He shoots from then hip and while I cringe at some of what he says I also know that we're experiencing a POTUS that doesn't depend on handlers scrubbing every word they say . . . .

The celebration of incompetence, impulsiveness and recklessness is a pretty new phenomenon among right wingers.  "Hey, yeah, he says and does things that are really stupid - but at least he doesn't check with anyone before he does them!"

to make sure it doesn't upset the sheople.

Well, since Clinton clearly has you very upset, she must be doing a even better job of that - given that she's not even in office.

38 minutes ago, DJL said:

34 minutes ago, airdvr said:

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/hillary-clinton-washington-home-photos/index.html

5500 s f. in DC

airdvr is a realtor. So he likely knows the Clinton residence would be a quick sale. The trump residence is either prostitution, pimp house or drug related. Even the Saudi's have given up on the Miami vice, pseudo Versaille Paris look.

But trump followers like that too so??

7 minutes ago, billvon said:

The celebration of incompetence, impulsiveness and recklessness is a pretty new phenomenon among right wingers.  "Hey, yeah, he says and does things that are really stupid - but at least he doesn't check with anyone before he does them!"

Well, since Clinton clearly has you very upset, she must be doing a even better job of that - given that she's not even in office.

Hehe..I couldn't give 2 fucks about HRC anymore.  I'm not the one who posted her picture.

55 minutes ago, airdvr said:

So pretending he's smarter than everyone isn't arrogant?

That includes the generals going up against ISIS (didn't he say he was going to defeat them in 30 days?)

Also the entire Justice Department (wasn't HRC going to be 'locked up'?)

The CDC (they were amazed at how he knew everything, but he was unaware that people died from the flu).

This list could go on for a very, very long time. 

He's the eptiome of arrogance. He flouts the rules, breaks the laws, preys on women, cons students, bribes prosecutors, scams banks, uses bankruptcy to fuck over everyone.

He made it clear that he cared more about the TV ratings for his 'briefings' than he did about the people that were sick and dying. 

HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THIS!?!?

Or do you simply choose to ignore it?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, airdvr said:

You believe him to be arrogant.  I don't. 

He's the only person who can defeat Isis. No-one knows more about trade deals than him. No-one knows more about nuclear policy than him. No-one knows more about immigration than him. He's like, really smart and a very stable genius. No president has ever been healthier than him. No president has ever been more presidential than him, except maybe Lincoln. No one knows more about the political system than he does. He alone can fix the political system. 

If you don't believe Trump is arrogant then you've clearly never listened to him speak.

blah blah blah sheople.

Ah yes, the true sign of someone who knows he has nothing worthwhile to say. I accept your concession of defeat.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, airdvr said:

5500 s f. in DC

Not too keen on the blue dining room and some of the upholstery is a little too avant gard for me but overall yeah, looks like taste is just another thing she does far better than Don. Thanks for pointing it out.

And by the way, she earned what she used to buy that place, Don inherited. He's born into the modern elite aristocracy, she's the working woman made good.