Media Silence On Biden Assault Allegations is Deafening

4 hours ago, markharju said:

As of 1045 GMT today, ZERO about this on CNN. Nothing on ABC. Nothing on CBS. Nothing on MSNBC.

Mark - what happened to you?  You used to be more connected to reality.  Are the Trump missteps getting to you?

================================================

Why Joe Biden needs to personally address Tara Reade's allegations

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Updated 3:01 PM ET, Mon April 27, 2020

===============================================

Report: Biden accuser spoke to neighbor of alleged assault

An associate of a former Senate aide to Joe Biden says the woman told her about her allegations of sexual assault against Biden — now the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee — in the 1990s

By

ALEXANDRA JAFFE Associated Press

April 28, 2020, 5:27 AM

ABCNews.go.com

==============================================

5 hours ago, markharju said:

Where are the breathless, around-the-clock "bombshell" live news stories? WHERE ARE THEY?

Meh, give them a break - it takes time to work through one's cognitive dissonance.

From Mama Jones:

". . .expressing support for further investigation into Reade’s claims could jeopardize her chance of working with the White House if Biden wins. “I really saw Biden as a champion for a really long time,” she said. I’m experiencing cognitive dissonance right now. I haven’t had the ability or the time to process emotionally what it means for me to believe that he did this.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/04/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-activists-survivors/

13 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Meh, give them a break - it takes time to work through one's cognitive dissonance.

Which already puts them way ahead of the right.

I hope this does get more publiity when the Coronavirus starts taking up less of the media output than it does now. I also hope that the people moaning about the lack of coverage of it now will also call for each of the credible allegations against Trump to be given equal time and exposure again as each credible allegation against Biden.

Sound fair, Mark?

56 minutes ago, Coreece said:

From Mama Jones:

". . .expressing support for further investigation into Reade’s claims could jeopardize her chance of working with the White House if Biden wins. “I really saw Biden as a champion for a really long time,” she said. I’m experiencing cognitive dissonance right now. I haven’t had the ability or the time to process emotionally what it means for me to believe that he did this.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/04/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-activists-survivors/

Shows the difference between Democrats and Republicans nicely doesn't it. Democrats feel like they need to support women getting abused, groped, assaulted and raped. Republicans see rape and sexual assault as a great way to score political points.

42 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

Why do you say that they are 'far more credible?'

The accusations against Kavanough were given under oath.  Notice the difference.

Jerry Baumchen

KInda funny how the accusations against Kavanaugh & Trump were ignored by the right.
How the accusers were threatened, ridiculed and attacked.

And how the right basically ended up saying "it's not that we don't believe you, it's that we don't care". 

And NOW those same people wonder why Biden isn't being roasted over this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

KInda funny how the accusations against Kavanaugh & Trump were ignored by the right.
How the accusers were threatened, ridiculed and attacked.

And how the right basically ended up saying "it's not that we don't believe you, it's that we don't care". 

And NOW those same people wonder why Biden isn't being roasted over this.

Funny how bias works.

Its nice we can recognize it and admit it, huh?

7 hours ago, markharju said:

I comment upon what I have directly observed. ymmv. At least it isn't boring. I can't wait to see what happens next.

The other huge difference between the Kavanaugh and Biden situation is the lack of Senate hearings and a vote to give it immediacy. Along with the fact that an SC appointment is lifetime. The situation is different even though the allegations are similar. Actually, I would call the Biden allegation more serious. Biden's fate will be decided by the same American electorate who chose Trump by a nearly 50% margin. Timing is everything, remember how the Ds held back on the story till the last minute increasing the drama and the pressure? Well, that is the element that is most different now, there is no Senate vote looming. The Kavanaugh, and the Clarence Thomas controversy were similar. The Biden thing is a lot more like one of the Trump pre-election sex scandals. I'm not defending Biden in the least. Just getting my head around your central point, which is the difference in the way we all see it.

8 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Never mind it turns out the the allegations are unimportant and probably false. Why else would Hilary have endorsed Joe just today? I'm sure she knows it's all good.

Apparently Tara Reade had the following to say in a fox news exclusive:

"I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. I voted for her in the primary. I'm a lifelong Democrat. But yet, what I see now is someone enabling a sexual predator and it was my former boss, Joe Biden, who raped me," Reade told Fox News. "Hillary Clinton has a history of enabling powerful men to cover up their sexual predatory behaviors and their inappropriate sexual misconduct. We don't need that for this country. We don't need that for our new generation coming up that wants institutional rape culture to change."

She added: "I will not be smeared, dismissed or ignored. I stand in truth and I will keep speaking out."

Just now, Coreece said:

She added: "I will not be smeared, dismissed or ignored. I stand in truth and I will keep speaking out."

Good for her.

I propose a hearing where she can tell her side of the story, on live TV.  And then we hold the same hearing for the three women who have accused Trump of rape and the eleven women who have accused Trump of sexual assault.  Might need a few weeks for them so they all get equal time.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, billvon said:

Good for her.

I propose a hearing where she can tell her side of the story, on live TV.  And then we hold the same hearing for the three women who have accused Trump of rape and the eleven women who have accused Trump of sexual assault.  Might need a few weeks for them so they all get equal time.

So if that is te case - we should all hold every trial publicly on the media then.

Every. Single. One.

Good for the goose, and the gander, ya know.

We could make a game show about it.

We could all (Text) in like on American Idol !

Who needs a jury of 12 when you can have a jury of 320Million?

Even people from other countries can join in - 

Edited by turtlespeed
text - not call.

(edited)
24 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So if that is the case - we should all hold every trial publicly on the media then.

Let me get this straight - you do not want the media to cover any allegations of sexual assault against Joe Biden?

Who needs a jury of 12 when you can have a jury of 320Million?

Who are you planning to back as the 12 people who get to vote in the November election?

Edited by jakee

24 minutes ago, billvon said:
26 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Good for her.

Maybe even longer when you add the 7 more women that have spoken out against Joe.

Looks like you'll be voting 3rd party again, eh?  Unless of course you have a limit of 15 or something like that.

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:
5 hours ago, Coreece said:

From Mama Jones:

Shows the difference between Democrats and Republicans nicely doesn't it. Democrats feel like they need to support women getting abused, groped, assaulted and raped. Republicans see rape and sexual assault as a great way to score political points.

I don't think that was the takeaway the article was going for:

“I’m extremely frustrated to see so many people who publicly came out and said that they supported survivors during Kavanaugh only then to do a 180 when it was someone within their own party.” 

“This is just further evidence that survivors will always be political pawns”

“It’s been really disappointing to see voices who are otherwise very outspoken on these issues be silent or make excuses.”

19 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Maybe even longer when you add the 7 more women that have spoken out against Joe.

Sure.  But then we'd have to add in the dozen or so women who were underage when Trump did inappropriate things with them.  Don't know if there'd be enough time between now and the election.

Looks like you'll be voting 3rd party again, eh?  Unless of course you have a limit of 15 or something like that.

I'll probably choose the lesser of two evils.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

the right basically ended up saying "it's not that we don't believe you, it's that we don't care". 

And now that's pretty much the same thing a Biden nomination would say, along with each and every vote he receives.

33 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I'm unaware of any further accusations against Biden of sexual assault, just the wierdly inappropriate greeting stuff he does similar to when Bush goosed Merkel at the G8. Not great, but not in the same ballpark as Reade's accusation and all the accusations against Trump. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jakee said:

I'm unaware of any further accusations against Biden of sexual assault, just the wierdly inappropriate greeting stuff he does similar to when Bush goosed Merkel at the G8.

Agreed that they might not be sexual assault, but they're not similar at all to Merkel's case.  She said it was a friendly gesture and that it never crossed her mind that something so trivial would go so viral. 

Compare that to those that spoken out against Biden:

“It doesn’t even really cross your mind that such a person would dare perpetuate harm like that.  These are supposed to be people you can trust.”

“I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me”

“If something makes you feel uncomfortable, you have to feel able to say it.”

"I felt embarrassed and shocked"

“the kind of inappropriate behavior that makes many women feel uncomfortable and unequal in the workplace.”

"Too often it doesn’t matter how the woman feels about it or they just assume that they’re fine with it.”

1 hour ago, billvon said:

I'll probably choose the lesser of two evils.

Ok, so what's your limit of sexual assault accusations before you decide to vote 3rd party again or something else?

Or do you need to see a conviction?

34 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Ok, so what's your limit of sexual assault accusations before you decide to vote 3rd party again or something else?

Or do you need to see a conviction?

Hi Coreece,

OK, that's it; I want to see hands of who is going to write-in Skippy, the Wonder Dog in Nov.

:)

Jerry Baumchen

5 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Coreece,

OK, that's it; I want to see hands of who is going to write-in Skippy, the Wonder Dog in Nov.

:)

Jerry Baumchen

See, that's the idea.  I honestly believe people would elect a 3rd party candidate if they had reason to believe we'd actually go out and do it.