Media Silence On Biden Assault Allegations is Deafening

Recently, the media ran a circus against a Supreme Court nominee based on decades-old allegations of misconduct.

Now, with more credible evidence emerging every day about malfeasance by a presidential candidate, it's nothing but crickets from the major news outlets.

Susan Sarandon is one of those mouthy celebs whom I have long despised, yet credit where it is due: she is taking a very unpopular stand with a twitter link to the story.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SusanSarandon/status/1254188022792425477

Story here - https://theintercept.com/2020/04/24/new-evidence-tara-reade-joe-biden/

If Biden wins in November, will he get a "Pussy Hat" parade too?

Side note: Are these verbal flubs of Biden's being exaggerated, or are they being minimized with only the ones which couldn't be suppressed or buried still showing up? I am a conservative and I DO NOT like his stand on  some important issues but I still hope that it is the former we are seeing and not the latter.

Edited by Guest
added news url

Interesting:

https://yournews.com/2020/04/26/1589522/cnn-removes-larry-king-episode-with-biden-accusers-mother-from/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/25/politics/tara-reade-mom-larry-king/index.html

Interesting that a 17 year would face so much more scrutiny in a sexual assault case than a 51 year old, isn't it?

I mean why would someone be raked up and down the coals for a past allegation of sexual assault, when the alleged act took place when he was 17 and not even eligible to vote yet, and a 51 year old was already holding an office in the Senate.

Why are the two things not being equalized?

Do you think it may have to do with the party affiliation?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

Well, as I suspected; that says it all about your posting history.

Jerry Baumchen

...and your point is...? And did you read the story?

Edited by Guest

51 minutes ago, markharju said:

Recently, the media ran a circus against a Supreme Court nominee based on decades-old allegations of misconduct.

Now, with more credible evidence emerging every day about malfeasance by a presidential candidate, it's nothing but crickets from the major news outlets.

Susan Sarandon is one of those mouthy celebs whom I have long despised, yet credit where it is due: she is taking a very unpopular stand with a twitter link to the story.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SusanSarandon/status/1254188022792425477

Story here - https://theintercept.com/2020/04/24/new-evidence-tara-reade-joe-biden/

If Biden wins in November, will he get a "Pussy Hat" parade too?

Side note: Are these verbal flubs of Biden's being exaggerated, or are they being minimized with only the ones which couldn't be suppressed or buried still showing up? I am a conservative and I DO NOT like his stand on  some important issues but I still hope that it is the former we are seeing and not the latter.

Given the way the newest member of the Supreme Court was welcomed with open wallets and arms, and the length of the list of names that have accused Trumpster of sexual assaults and rape, as well as his bragging about committing sexual assault, maybe the line to cross has moved a little. Thank god he hasn't worn a tan suit, paid a stripper for sex, or used a personal email account! I expect he could also get loans in the US.

Yeah, that line in the sand is pretty hard to see now.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Interesting:

https://yournews.com/2020/04/26/1589522/cnn-removes-larry-king-episode-with-biden-accusers-mother-from/

Interesting that a 17 year would face so much more scrutiny in a sexual assault case than a 51 year old, isn't it?

I mean why would someone be raked up and down the coals for a past allegation of sexual assault, when the alleged act took place when he was 17 and not even eligible to vote yet, and a 51 year old was already holding an office in the Senate.

Your first quote is from "Jamie White | Infowars.com" Needless to say thats as far as I went. Your second quote is from CNN the "Fake News" for which "Now, with more credible evidence emerging every day about malfeasance by a presidential candidate, it's nothing but crickets from the major news outlets." Was the quote from the thread author.

Aside from the widely varied versions of the so called assault by the "victim". CNN seems to be the only cricket singing.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Interesting:

What is interesting about the first link you posted?

People keep complaining about "the media" but they are generally too stupid to read and understand more than a headline. Then they are generally too stupid to actually see if there is any truth to what is being claimed.

"The Established Media" on aggregate is doing a far better job than any all of the bloggers and internet only "media" outlets combined. The problem isn't "The Media", the problem is a population that is too stupid to determine fact from fiction.

I guess you need to check out some better quality media.  My feed has articles on the alleged Biden affair daily for the past week, since the latest "news" came out.

It has had far more coverage this week than the far more numerous allegations against your hero.

7 hours ago, markharju said:

Search for "Biden sexual assault" on Google:

About 13,900,000 results (0.35 seconds) 

Top five links:

• Washington Post
  • New York Times 
  • Business Insider
  • The Hill
  • CNN

I'll give you a minute to remove your foot from your mouth, then we can continue.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Top five links:

• Washington Post
  • New York Times 
  • Business Insider
  • The Hill
  • CNN

I'll give you a minute to remove your foot from your mouth, then we can continue.

Point taken, but where's the media circus? I want a media circus!

(edited)
10 hours ago, billvon said:

Top five links:

• Washington Post
  • New York Times 
  • Business Insider
  • The Hill
  • CNN

As of 1045 GMT today, ZERO about this on CNN. Nothing on ABC. Nothing on CBS. Nothing on MSNBC. WaPo's web page says "Trump allies highlight new claims regarding allegations against Biden", FFS. These allegations are far more credible than anything leveled at Kavanaugh, but Fox (and the caveated WaPo) are the only ones with a story on their front page. Do you want screenshots? Where are the breathless, around-the-clock "bombshell" live news stories? WHERE ARE THEY?

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, markharju said:

As of 1045 GMT today, ZERO about this on CNN. Nothing on ABC. Nothing on CBS. Nothing on MSNBC. WaPo's says "Trump allies highlight new claims regarding allegations against Biden", FFS. These allegations are far more credible than anything leveled at Kavanaugh, but Fox (and the caveated WaPo) are the only ones with a story on their front page. Do you want screenshots? Where are the breathless, around-the-clock "bombshell" live news stories? WHERE ARE THEY?

The comparison between when Kavenaugh was being considered for SC vs. Biden, who is the front runner for POTUS - I don't know - it just seems a little lopsided, ya know?

36 minutes ago, markharju said:

These allegations are far more credible than anything leveled at Kavanaugh,

Why 'far more' credible?

Where are the breathless, around-the-clock "bombshell" live news stories? WHERE ARE THEY?

Covering Coronavirus.

Look, I absolutely agree that Biden should face a huge amount of scrutiny over these allegations and if it looks like they're true he should drop out or be kicked out (did you say the same abut Kavanaugh, btw?). However, claiming that the difference in the amount of coverage being given to each case must be an example of media bias is ludicrous. Open your eyes and look at the context of current events. Back then, what was competing with the Kavanaugh confirmation for front page news? Right now, how many stories are running multiple days on the front page of any news outlet that are not about Coronavirus?

Quite literally, the last story to dominate the news cycle like this was 9/11 and the build up to the Afghan war, and to be honest after a month or two even that wasn't as all consuming anymore. You simply cannot compare coverage of any non-virus event happening now with any other event that happened at any other time. It's a fool's errand.

4 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The comparison between when Kavenaugh was being considered for SC vs. Biden, who is the front runner for POTUS - I don't know - it just seems a little lopsided, ya know?

No shit. See above.

18 minutes ago, jakee said:

Why 'far more' credible?

Covering Coronavirus.

Look, I absolutely agree that Biden should face a huge amount of scrutiny over these allegations and if it looks like they're true he should drop out or be kicked out (did you say the same abut Kavanaugh, btw?). However, claiming that the difference in the amount of coverage being given to each case must be an example of media bias is ludicrous. Open your eyes and look at the context of current events. Back then, what was competing with the Kavanaugh confirmation for front page news? Right now, how many stories are running multiple days on the front page of any news outlet that are not about Coronavirus?

Quite literally, the last story to dominate the news cycle like this was 9/11 and the build up to the Afghan war, and to be honest after a month or two even that wasn't as all consuming anymore. You simply cannot compare coverage of any non-virus event happening now with any other event that happened at any other time. It's a fool's errand.

Yeah, I thought about that, but I was too biased about media bias to really consider it. We certainly live in interesting times.

trump. All the lies, all the sexual assaults including admissions of sexual assaults. Admissions and ongoing statements that resulted in a book no less.

"The book, All the President's Women: Donald Trump and the Making of a Predator, draws on over 100 interviews — many exclusive — and adds to a list of nearly two dozen women who had previously accused him of sexual assault or misconduct."

While I appreciate the more detailed argument that markharju has brought to this forum. IMO this one has no legs as the bar has been established, by trump.

1 minute ago, markharju said:

Yeah, I thought about that, but I was too biased about media bias to really consider it. We certainly live in interesting times.

The graph of media bias has been posted here before. Several times. If anyone chooses they can find sources for news KNOWN to be unbiased. Middle America can find the truth with very little work.

So you're disingenuous to suggest news cycles, dominant stories and lack of coverage. Has hidden this story.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

The graph of media bias has been posted here before. Several times. If anyone chooses they can find sources for news KNOWN to be unbiased. Middle America can find the truth with very little work.

So you're disingenuous to suggest news cycles, dominant stories and lack of coverage. Has hidden this story.

I comment upon what I have directly observed. ymmv. At least it isn't boring. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, markharju said:

Crickets?  The story is carried by every news outlet.  The internet search on "Biden"/News is kind of funny and reflects your new source.  The major outlets (Yes, even CNN) all have results that include these allegations, their stories cover the allegations and make requests for him to address the allegations.  The headlines from National Review and Fox have the co-line "leftist media won't address assault, etc" right next to the articles by "leftist media" addressing it.

Remember that Google can color its search results to give you what you expect to see. Therefore, someone who commonly clicks on Fox, TheBlaze, etc. is going to see very different results from someone who likes Buzzfeed and Mother Jones. And both are going to say "the whole world agrees with me."

Wendy P.

31 minutes ago, markharju said:

I comment upon what I have directly observed. ymmv. At least it isn't boring. I can't wait to see what happens next.

The other huge difference between the Kavanaugh and Biden situation is the lack of Senate hearings and a vote to give it immediacy. Along with the fact that an SC appointment is lifetime. The situation is different even though the allegations are similar. Actually, I would call the Biden allegation more serious. Biden's fate will be decided by the same American electorate who chose Trump by a nearly 50% margin. Timing is everything, remember how the Ds held back on the story till the last minute increasing the drama and the pressure? Well, that is the element that is most different now, there is no Senate vote looming. The Kavanaugh, and the Clarence Thomas controversy were similar. The Biden thing is a lot more like one of the Trump pre-election sex scandals. I'm not defending Biden in the least. Just getting my head around your central point, which is the difference in the way we all see it.