1 1
ryoder

COVID-19: Astroturfing the "reopen" demonstrations

9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I’m not an apologist - I’m just looking for the good inside all the BS.

im looking for the silver lining. 

I’ve got a challenge for you. For one week, do you think you could look for and post ‘silver lining’ posts about the positives of Joe Biden?

If you’re up for the challenge I’ll spend the same week looking for silver linings with Trump

23 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

I’ve got a challenge for you. For one week, do you think you could look for and post ‘silver lining’ posts about the positives of Joe Biden?

If you’re up for the challenge I’ll spend the same week looking for silver linings with Trump

This should be an easy Turtle win.

hah.

1 hour ago, nigel99 said:

I'll help. As trump suggests ingesting Lysol. Its most likely that his base will follow that suggestion. Thats good for America and democracy.It helps kill the virus and supports US business.Sounds like winning.

1 hour ago, nigel99 said:

I will take the next week and look for silver lining in all of Joe's public statements.

Its not about winning.  I'll take it seriously, as opposed to some here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

OK - I searched and I could find no Jakee posts that gave the indication that the current POTUS was justified in anything he does, without insult, or sarcasm.

You will also never find any posts that claim my MO is to always try and find the good in any politician's actions - that's your thing (the current president is also, lets face it, truly unique in his history of criminality, narcissism and self serving behaviour. He started with the corruption and nepotism in his regime from day one and has never remotely earned the right to be given the benefit of the doubt.).

So where are any examples of you trying to see the good behind anything remotely controversial Pelosi has done? And saying that you tried but couldn't doesn't fly. It should be just as easy to see the good in Pelosi no matter what she does, because when it comes to Trump you just make it up. You just invent it out of thin air and stick to it until it's proved wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt. It's as simple to do that for dems as it is for reps. So why don't you?

12 hours ago, nigel99 said:

I looked today, but I haven't seen any new comments.

I did see one from "The Independant", that said he would pick Michelle Obama as a VP "In a Heartbeat."

I'm looking into the actual comment from different news sources.

I don't think that is the best idea, and it seems it is purely a popularity move as opposed to using good judgement.

I'm hoping to find a better reason for the statement.

https://www.miamitimesonline.com/news/biden-says-michelle-obama-tops-list-as-vice-president/article_8f92dd6e-859d-11ea-9604-07c2b486834e.html

OK - reading his answers, I see it was just an off the cuff comment with no basis in true reality.

I do think that his dedication to choosing a female running mate is commendable.

Whether he wins the election or not, it will solidify another step on path for recognizing women's true worth and capability. 

Interesting story that many of the posts pushing for re-opening society may be coming from trolls & bots:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trolls-bots-flooding-social-media-with-anti-quarantine-disinformation-2020-4?fbclid=IwAR3DnYwN8mh9uDhUA2oNy6JGx1S-Wu610k1JvaHSXvaNafzGupnjsc-sXYg

Also touches on the facts that the groups organizing the protests in MI are funded by DeVos.

The protests in other places have somewhat shady funding too.