1 1
ryoder

COVID-19: Astroturfing the "reopen" demonstrations

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Thank you for pointing out why it is so incredibly damaging when people in a position of power say things that are not grounded in fact. Most people are simply not smart enough to understand it is complete bullshit.

Given the overall response to the Mango Mussolini's idiotic statements, I would disagree that 'most' people are that stupid.

However, it seems like intelligence is in inverse proportion to the likelyhood/enthusiasm of support for Trump.

He does, after all, 'love the uneducated'.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Your hate is coloring your ability to be fair minded in his intent.

Oh what a great post this is. So Turtle - Trump now claims his intent was to be "very sarcastic" to a group of hostile fake news media when he suggested injection or internal use of disinfectant. 

How do you now rationalise every post you've made on the subject since yesterday's briefing?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Your hate is coloring your ability to be fair minded in his intent.

Absolutely.  If only I didn't hate him, I would be able to see that he has probably digging through the medical literature on rats and monkeys and now knows that shining UV light inside their lungs cures animals of COVID-19, so his suggestion is grounded in sound science rather than buffoonery, like stupid liberal haters claim.

I strongly advise you to - keep digging.  It's a lot of fun to watch you try to defend this.

I just read two pages of posters telling the turtle creature how wrong he is. I don't get his posts anymore. But I can certainly see him playing you all along and I can imagine his laughter. Do any of you need instructions on blocking posters? It is a little bit buried in the settings.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I just read two pages of posters telling the turtle creature how wrong he is. I don't get his posts anymore. But I can certainly see him playing you all along and I can imagine his laughter. Do any of you need instructions on blocking posters? It is a little bit buried in the settings.

Hi Ken,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

Jerry Baumchen

32 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I just read two pages of posters telling the turtle creature how wrong he is. I don't get his posts anymore. But I can certainly see him playing you all along and I can imagine his laughter. 

Nah. That's the same mistake people make who claim Trump is the master puppeteer of the media and all his outrageous shit is a co-ordinated master plan. Turtle really is just too stubborn and dishonest to extricate himself from a losing argument.

37 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It could improve a bit IMO. The ignore setting still lets a quoted reply come through.

Rather entertaining in this thread though.

Jebus Howard Christ. Somebody needs to go rake their forest.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

I have absolutely no idea, and have made no comments remotely related to the subject. Your post is both dishonest and a non-sequitur.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Lets play your game.

Trump, in your mind is too ignorant to understand the difference between chemotherapy antivirals and antiseptics, right?

I'll bite on that one.  Yes, he's too ignorant to understand the difference which is why he shouldn't in his capacity as the spokesman for the response team be spit-balling treatment and testing methods.  This one wasn't a big deal and we know he likes to float bullshit in his stream of consciousness but in the past he's continued that spitballing to a genuine push to override the professional opinions of the people working on this pandemic.  When that spitballing goes unchecked we waste valuable time and money and lives.  This time he got called out very quickly, so quickly that there was no damage and since there was no damage there was no harm and because there was no harm everyone is crying about the Democrats and the media being mean to Trump.

Relax guys, it's actually quite fun to think of other things that could kill Covid-19 that we could test. :tongue:

• UV light
  • disinfectant
  • boiling water
  • ethylene oxide
  • highly concentrated sulfuric acid
  • highly concentrated nitric acid
  • aqua regia
  • just cook the patient, simmer for 30 minutes

I'm pretty sure all of them would get rid of it :E

5 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Relax guys, it's actually quite fun to think of other things that could kill Covid-19 that we could test. :tongue:

• UV light
  • disinfectant
  • boiling water
  • ethylene oxide
  • aqua regia

I'd prefer to try bed rest and good hydration first. I'm kind of old fashioned.

15 minutes ago, olofscience said:

• UV light
  • disinfectant
  • boiling water
  • ethylene oxide
  • aqua regia

Boiling water works. I drink about 40 ounces of boiling water every morning that I pass through coffee grounds, and I haven’t caught the virus yet. Science!!!

19 minutes ago, olofscience said:

• UV light
  • disinfectant
  • boiling water
  • ethylene oxide
  • aqua regia

You left off cremation.

30 minutes ago, olofscience said:

• UV light
  • disinfectant
  • boiling water
  • ethylene oxide
  • aqua regia

Thanks Mr. Mengele! :D

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

You can be amazed all you want.

If you honestly think that Trump was suggesting human trials for any of that, you have a lot more in common with those that took the people that consumed the fish tank cleaner than you realize.

You win the Weasel of the Week award.  

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

• UV light
  • disinfectant
  • boiling water
  • ethylene oxide
  • aqua regia

C-Stoff and T-Stoff too.

8 hours ago, jakee said:

So you've decided to just be stupid. You've decided not to put one single ounce of critical thought into this, you're just going to blindly support Trump and oppose the leftists no matter how ridiculous the shit you have to say to do it. 

Why embarrass yourself like this? What do you get out of it?

No - I've decided to see how many insults you can throw at me personally.

8 hours ago, billvon said:

"I find that to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its superheated steam or whatever, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the steam inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see all that steam, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by a tube going inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the superheated steam, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."

Yep - 

No stone un-turned - 

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Absolutely.  If only I didn't hate him, I would be able to see that he has probably digging through the medical literature on rats and monkeys and now knows that shining UV light inside their lungs cures animals of COVID-19, so his suggestion is grounded in sound science rather than buffoonery, like stupid liberal haters claim.

I strongly advise you to - keep digging.  It's a lot of fun to watch you try to defend this.

I'm sure it is. 

Its a shame that you cant see that, despite his faults, he is trying to give out hope, and reassurance that research is continuing.  He's not doing a very good job, but he's trying.

59 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm sure it is. 

Its a shame that you cant see that, despite his faults, he is trying to give out hope, and reassurance that research is continuing. 

You're a few hours behind.  He just claimed that he was being sarcastic, that he was not suggesting any research and that he was baiting reporters "just to see what would happen."

Quick!  Come up with a new defense!  Perhaps you might try "he's just trying to inject some humor to lift people's spirits."

It must be exhausting to be a Trump apologist lately.  You have to change your apologia every few hours.

8 hours ago, gowlerk said:

And it's encouraged by BillVon, Jakee, Skydekker, Kallend and others. Why? SC is turning into a low brow shit show where clever people uselessly refute stupidity over and over at their own expense. Got Ron, anyone?