1 1
Phil1111

Science Is Dumb, Conservatives Know Best

10 hours ago, normiss said:

VP Pence is genius level smart.

We should all feel safer with him leading the pandemic team.

3601e3d9-1688-4a27-9d46-fa5f17c51806.jpg

After all, with a mask you can't "look them in the eye". There is only one reason why Pence didn't wear a mask. trump said he wouldn't wear one.

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

After all, with a mask you can't "look them in the eye". There is only one reason why Pence didn't wear a mask. trump said he wouldn't wear one.

I wouldn't have done that.  

But I gotta hand it to the guy, he sticks by his beliefs.  

For good or ill, he is walking the walk.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So a pack of lemmings running off a cliff is to be admired for its collective discipline. Got it.

Or alternatively is it, Science Is Dumb, Conservatives Know Best

Edited by Phil1111

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

So a pack of lemmings running off a cliff is to be admired for its collective discipline. Got it.

Or alternatively is it, Science Is Dumb, Conservatives Know Best

First off - you are not looking at the positives. 

Secondly, one man is not a pack of lemmings.

He has a conviction, and he is sticking with it.  He isn't forcing anyone else to follow him.  He'd doing his thing.

Let's see how it plays out.

Just now, turtlespeed said:

Secondly, one man is not a pack of lemmings.

He has a conviction, and he is sticking with it.  He isn't forcing anyone else to follow him.  He'd doing his thing.

Would you say the same if it were some ISIS dude somewhere who is willing to be a suicide bomber?

Didn't think so. His convictions aren't convictions that you can respect, therefore they're not really convictions, they're fanaticism.

I find it difficult to respect a conviction that has someone, in a health facility, ignoring the specific recommendations. It would certainly hit the news if Pence were to be denied admission because he was unwilling to wear a mask.

Wendy P.

30 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Sure, the ill being that he is setting a bad example for everyone who doesn't have the benefit he does of access to regular testing and therefore the knowledge that he is not going to be spreading the Coronavirus regardless. And the good being... um... help me out here?

19 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

He has a conviction, and he is sticking with it. 

What is that conviction?

He isn't forcing anyone else to follow him.  He'd doing his thing.

And yet, as we know from Trump's statements on injecting disinfectant, the Republican leadership don't need to issue instructions for people out there to think that the things they say and do are a good idea. Pence not wearing a mask, even in locations where all visitors are instructed to wear masks, sets a bad example for everyone who sees it and that will have an effect.

54 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

If you can't figure out how to wear a mask without blocking your eyesight, then you must be as dumb as Trump.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Would you say the same if it were some ISIS dude somewhere who is willing to be a suicide bomber?

Didn't think so. His convictions aren't convictions that you can respect, therefore they're not really convictions, they're fanaticism.

I find it difficult to respect a conviction that has someone, in a health facility, ignoring the specific recommendations. It would certainly hit the news if Pence were to be denied admission because he was unwilling to wear a mask.

Wendy P.

As an administrator, I would have refused him if at all possible.

As far as the ISIS guy - that would be intentionally planning mass murder, by use of an illegal explosive device, so NO - I wouldn't.

His convictions, are likely a mental illness, at that extreme, so, again, no.;) 

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

There is only one reason why Pence didn't wear a mask. trump said he wouldn't wear one.

Hi Phil,

When I first saw that photo, I immediately thought that Trump had told him not to wear one.  Bad PR; and they cannot have that.  It would look bad in Nov.

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

True!  Lemmings running off cliffs reduces their population - and Pence not wearing a mask will have a similar result.  The weak will die off more quickly, and we can reopen the economy sooner and Make America Great Again!

6 minutes ago, billvon said:

True!  Lemmings running off cliffs reduces their population - and Pence not wearing a mask will have a similar result.  The weak will die off more quickly, and we can reopen the economy sooner and Make America Great Again!

. . . and you say I am trolling.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

You don't understand the mask's purpose.

Just now, airdvr said:

You don't understand the mask's purpose.

In the case of Pence, the mask's purpose is to serve as a good example. If he's absolutely certain that he's not contagious, and absolutely certain that he needs no protection, he should still consider the tone that he's setting. 

Wendy P.

4 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

In the case of Pence, the mask's purpose is to serve as a good example. If he's absolutely certain that he's not contagious, and absolutely certain that he needs no protection, he should still consider the tone that he's setting. 

Wendy P.

But the mask isn't there to protect Pence.  Even in Ohio the governor is walking back his mask requirements.

COLUMBUS - Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine reversed course Tuesday, saying face coverings and masks were strongly recommended but not required for retail customers.

So one shouldn't try to protect other people? Isn't that a real "fuck you, I got mine" attitude?

It's cheap and easy to wear a mask, and to possibly protect other people -- people whom you have no idea as to whether they have to go home and take care of an elderly or immune-compromised person. 

What's next, letting the door slam in the face of the guy entering the store carrying a large bundle? Or parking your car across two spaces close to the store because you don't want to dent it? They're all asshole moves.

Wendy P.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, airdvr said:

The point is most folks think the mask protects them.  It doesn't.

How does this relate to whether Pence is setting a damaging precedent or not? 

(And bear in mind that you were replying to Wendy saying that Pence has the almost unique advantage of knowing that he was not contagious, not that he knew he was not at risk - so it was a non-sequitur anyay.) 

Edited by jakee