1 1
Phil1111

Science Is Dumb, Conservatives Know Best

It seems as if the US is destined for a long losing battle with coronavirus. One that will cost tens of thousands of unnecessary lives. trump, FOX, conservatives and republicans seem bent on setting science aside. Ether its to get trump re-elected or drive the economy. Its destined to cost lives, result in multiple waves of reinfections and in the end will cause serious damage to the US economy.

Conservative activists encourage DOJ to sue governors, local leaders for coronavirus restrictions, calling them 'rampant abuses'

Hundreds swarm Florida beaches following reopening amid pandemic   South Carolina to reopen public beaches, retail stores next week amid pandemic

"End Medical Tyranny Now,"Owen Shroyer hosted the rally. The commentator for far-right media source Infowars Video from the rally showed protesters standing shoulder to shoulder holding signs "End Medical Tyranny Now"

MAGA disband Science, go trump!

(edited)

They did everything wrong from the start. Why change now? America is leading the world in covid-19 cases and seems determined to stay in first place. I'm sure there will be poor countries with even worse outcomes. But not western nations.

Edited by gowlerk

9 hours ago, gowlerk said:

America is leading the world in covid-19 cases and seems determined to stay in first place. I'm sure there will be poor countries with even worse outcomes. But not western nations.

Are you just being intellectually dishonest, or do you not understand the concept of rates?

Covid Death Rate per 10 Million

Belgium - 4774

Spain - 4289

Italy - 3843

France - 2887

UK - 2330

US - 1181

Also, wouldn't it be more meaningful to compare geographical areas that are more similar in square mileage and population as I did in the link below when John couldn't help but to display his intellectual dishonesty as well?

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/267518-covid-19/?do=findComment&comment=4894743

Source:

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en/world

(You can scroll down and sort the list by number of cases per 1M or Death rate per 10M.

31 minutes ago, gowlerk said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

Are you just being intellectually dishonest, or do you not understand the concept of rates?

America is just getting started. It's in "hold my beer and watch this" phase.

That's a really fucking sick way of looking at it dude, especially since the growth rate has slowed and things are starting to flatten out.  It's almost like you're hoping for higher death rates than the rest of the world. 

You kind of have to tho if the U.S is going to hit your quota of 1 million covid deaths within the next 18 months.  Personally, I think this too will go down on your ever growing list of failed prophesies.

36 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

America is just getting started. It's in "hold my beer and watch this" phase.

Agree. Now in the next couple months there will be a breakdown between the effectiveness of R v D states. Then another comparison between change in GDP between R v D states.

Furthermore Coreece is the one who is intellectually dishonest. America is not so backward, so isolated by poor roads, poor medical services, etc. That C-19 would be geographically favorable to any of his listed countries.Or to America.

There is a unique outlier in the C-19 equation, Sweden. I'm surprised that trump hasn't used Sweden as an example for the opening up of America. But I doubt he could could find it on a map. FOX and the Murdoch fake news empire has no local affiliates in Sweden. So it likely doesn't know about Sweden's C-19 policies. 

Anger in Sweden as elderly pay price for coronavirus strategy

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

That's a really fucking sick way of looking at it dude, especially since the growth rate has slowed and things are starting to flatten out.  It's almost like you're hoping for higher death rates than the rest of the world. 

You kind of have to tho if the U.S is going to hit your quota of 1 million covid deaths within the next 18 months.  Personally, I think this too will go down on your ever growing list of failed prophesies.

What's sick is throwing vulnerable people under the bus in order to get trump reelected. In order to pour money into companies that can't budget for contingencies. Instead borrow and buy back stocks then rely upon republicans to bail them out.

Slowed? Look at republican states and democratic states. Democratic led ones that have put measures into effect to control C-19 are dropping. Others are increasing. Japan and Singapore relaxed C-19 control measures prematurely and now are both facing second waves of infections.

8 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Furthermore Coreece is the one who is intellectually dishonest.

Nope, just facts.  Rates have always been more meaningful in trying to compare and understand problems between various countries.

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:
11 minutes ago, Coreece said:

the growth rate has slowed

Slowed?

Yes, the growth rate in covid cases in the U.S has slowed and is starting to flatten out.

Covid Death Rate per 10 Million

Belgium - 4774

Spain - 4289

Italy - 3843

France - 2887

UK - 2330

US - 1181

Also, wouldn't it be more meaningful to compare geographical areas that are more similar in square mileage and population as I did in the link below when John couldn't help but to display his intellectual dishonesty as well?

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/267518-covid-19/?do=findComment&comment=4894743

Source:

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en/world

(You can scroll down and sort the list by number of cases per 1M or Death rate per 10M.

Those numbers are meaningless.  Different countries are using different criteria for classifying a death as due to the virus. In addition, testing rates are very different so accurately knowing who actually had/has the virus is impossible.

The intellectual dishonesty is YOURS. 

1 minute ago, Coreece said:

Nope, just facts.  Rates have always been more meaningful in trying to compare and understand problems between various countries.

Yes, the growth rate in covid cases in the U.S has slowed and is starting to flatten out.

Watch How Politics Slowed Red States’ Response to the Coronavirus  The story will be written in the next year and republican states will not make America great.

3 minutes ago, Coreece said:

A lot of anger going on there. I'm leaving this morning for Dryden ON. I'll be getting another trailer full of wood pulp for a P&G plant in Green Bay for maintaining the TP supply. They are starting to run out of wood chips for making pulp, but I'm sure they will ramp up.

My "sick way of looking at it" is driven by your leadership and the "liberate" tweets. Trump the idiot has pretty much decided that the thing to do is to put more emphasis on people working and less on keeping people alive. I'm not sure what will happen when Cedar Rapids IA starts having NYC type numbers and it's hospitals overwhelmed like in Detroit. I don't remember making a death prediction, but if I did it was certainly not a quota. I do remember making a statement about what would happen if we just let the virus run wild. There is a certain part of your population that sees doing just that as the answer. Trump is actively egging them on and it is increasing the pressure on governors. Some of them are going to be weak and give in. There are no restrictions on travel between states in the USA. This event is going to go on for many months. One million deaths may be an under estimate. The current 39,000 count is definitely an under count. But even more than the deaths, the long term damage to people's health is going to damage our societies for decades.

5 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Yes, the infection and death rate has slowed. And a lot of areas are doing well. The social distancing is working. But can you keep it up? The virus is not going away, it's spread is just slowing. The work being done is buying time to build up supplies and to figure out more about the best way to treat this thing. This is just the opening phase of the battle.

11 minutes ago, kallend said:

Those numbers are meaningless. 

These are the numbers from the site that YOU recommended.

12 minutes ago, kallend said:

The intellectual dishonesty is YOURS

Again, these are the numbers from a site that you recommended.  It is intellectually dishonest to use raw numbers when comparing countries of vastly different size and population just to fit your politically hacked narrative.  You know this.  The intellectual dishonesty is YOURS.  Own it.

20 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I don't remember making a death prediction, but if I did it was certainly not a quota. I do remember making a statement about what would happen if we just let the virus run wild.

You said that rest assured, at least a 1 million Americans are going to die in the next 18 months, but if we just let the virus run wild, it would be 4 million:

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/267518-covid-19/?do=findComment&comment=4890335

"rest assured, at least a million Americans are going to die from it in the next 18 months. If it is allowed to just run wild the number will be about 4 times that many."

I didn't Vote for Trump. Honestly think a lot of people are playing the captain hind site game.

I recall him being criticized when he closed the boarders, then it wasn't soon enough.

As an independent i am more then happy with How POUS has handled this considering the information we had. At the same time Nancy P. can go to hell. The idea that someone would use this opportunity to slow payments to their fellow Americans so they could get some of their agenda in a bill is disgusting. This is not about you wining Nancy its about helping Americans NOW.

As for Science deniers. There was a time i agreed with you and took great plesure in making fun how stupid some of the right was, for Ex.for wanting to say the planet was 6000 years old in science books.. idiotic!...........then the Left said hold my beer, lets pretend that there is no Male or female and well avoid all of biology all that we witness in nature so we can save some miseducated sensitive peoples feelings.

We need more political parties.

Right now Feeling are > then science for the left and Tradition has been > then science for the right. Sadly They both suck and there supporters you know the types who value their tribe more then facts and science are the fucking worst.

• Like 1

You said that rest assured, at least a 1 million Americans are going to die in the next 18 months, but if we just let the virus run wild, it would be 4 million:

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/267518-covid-19/?do=findComment&comment=4890335

"rest assured, at least a million Americans are going to die from it in the next 18 months. If it is allowed to just run wild the number will be about 4 times that many."

There is still no good reason to think that is wrong.

a. There is male and female. There are just also people for whom those designations don't work very well, or who have mismatched parts. Everyone understands that things get weird when a baby is born with both sets of parts; why is it so hard to understand that brain chemistry is part of it too?

b. The rural states won't ever have the huge numbers of the urban areas, and even suburban areas are going to do better. Urban areas are more likely to have liberals living there; in part, there are more poor people, and people in urban areas are by necessity more dependent on infrastructure. So waiting for all those red states to start having problems is cruel and pointless. When you don't test for COVID you can't die of it.

Wendy P.

3 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

a. There is male and female. There are just also people for whom those designations don't work very well, or who have mismatched parts. Everyone understands that things get weird when a baby is born with both sets of parts; why is it so hard to understand that brain chemistry is part of it too?

b. The rural states won't ever have the huge numbers of the urban areas, and even suburban areas are going to do better. Urban areas are more likely to have liberals living there; in part, there are more poor people, and people in urban areas are by necessity more dependent on infrastructure. So waiting for all those red states to start having problems is cruel and pointless. When you don't test for COVID you can't die of it.

Wendy P.

A. 100% agree. This is a place where people need to educate themselves in a big way.

B. It's more of a schadenfreude and just deserves sort of thing than a cruel and pointless thing, at least for me. In fairness, it's not like those Red States are losing sleep over contributing to a second wave in Massachusetts or Oregon.

5 hours ago, Coreece said:

I'm sorry, did you not in another thread just try and compare absolute numbers between the US and Iceland? You might wanna drop yourself down off that high horse for now matey.

18 minutes ago, jakee said:
5 hours ago, Coreece said:

I'm sorry, did you not in another thread just try and compare absolute numbers between the US and Iceland?

Not in any kinda of meaningful or relevant way other than to demonstrate why it might be a bit ridiculous to compare Iceland to the U.S with raw numbers.  I wasn't trying to be a smart ass when I said "no biggie, just sayin." 

Furthermore, I wasn't trying to disparage Iceland in any way whatsoever.  They're doing their thing, we're doing ours.  Can we do better?  We better fucking hope so.

Just now, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

Looks almost as bad as the Florida beaches that I saw on the news clip Thursday evening.

You know, the state that the (R) governor opened up the beaches.

Jerry Baumchen

I'd rather be on a beach enjoying the Uv than packed in to a sardine can.

9 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I'd rather be on a beach enjoying the Uv than packed in to a sardine can.

Some of us are fortunate to not live in congested cities, have the need to use mass transit public transportation, or having a critical need to go to work during a pandemic.