1 1
JoeWeber

18 with a bullet

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Who was Slick Willy thinking about when he was getting head in the oval office?

Don't forget Benghazi.  And her emails.  It's right there on the list of things you are supposed to use to distract and deflect.

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I guess I took your statement that someone should tell them in person as "if you dare -- they have guns." And that's the part I disagree with. The protest, no, of course not. Using the potential for intimidation in this manner is more troubling. I see this as being VERY different from using a baseball bat to get the point across to the goober with his drone next door.

Wendy P.

^.^ The goober next door is breaking the law in a different way.  I'm thinking it is for pleasure rather than for protest.

If the protesters are legally allowed to carry the weapons during their protest and its peaceful, then that is that, until someone changes the legality of it.

I don't agree with it.  I don't like it.  I will defend their right to do it though.

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

What were you trying to imply with this comment: "I think you should tell these guys in person.  (At least 6 feet away, of course)?"

If I disagreed as strongly as was being suggested, I would go out there and say something to them, not just complain from afar.

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

Because of the violence - All the victims were hurt.

That's a nice way of saying nothing. Antifa does seem to me to be a bunch of over the top drama queens. And it's true that any people in gangs or groups can get carried away and do stupid harmful things. But this very loose knit protest group is pretty mild compared to the real damage and killing done by some of the various flavours of right wing idiots.

4 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

If I disagreed as strongly as was being suggested, I would go out there and say something to them, not just complain from afar.

Which would also be in contravention of the Michigan stay at home order and extremely hypocritical. I am therefore entirely unsurprised the suggestion comes from you.

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

That's a nice way of saying nothing. Antifa does seem to me to be a bunch of over the top drama queens. And it's true that any people in gangs or groups can get carried away and do stupid harmful things. But this very loose knit protest group is pretty mild compared to the real damage and killing done by some of the various flavours of right wing idiots.

So what they did is OK , because someone on the right did it worse.

That's your argument?

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So what they did is OK , because someone on the right did it worse.

That's your argument?

My argument is that they have done very little. Not that two wrongs make a right. But 100 wrongs are greater than 1 wrong.

Just now, turtlespeed said:

Why be accepting of any of them?  Why defend them at all?

Because they are mostly a peaceful protest group. I am not defending any violence. I am objecting to Antifa being labelled as something it is not.

Just now, turtlespeed said:

First, you can disagree with someone and still defend them from unfair criticism - like you trying to tie them to two unrelated murderers for example (an accusation I believe you are yet to withdraw). Sure, some of them may not be nice people, but that doesn't mean you should be able to make up stuff about them and get away with it unchallenged.

Second, you defend Trump all the time by pointing out that you think someone else, Obama or Clinton or Pelosi or whoever, is as bad or worse. Why do you do that, when it never makes anything Trump has done any less bad?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm not sure that failing to attack them is defending them. If you have one group doing a lot of harm, and another doing some harm, which do you go after first? Should be the one doing a lot of harm. Unless, of course, they're powerful or connected -- then you go after the little guy, because it's less likely to bite you in the ass. 

Which is where that whole abuse of power thing comes in, isn't it?

Wendy P.