Ravenfly27

Jumpsuit Adjustments

Hi, 

Recently brought my first jumpsuit and after 2 months of waiting it arrived but unfortunately it is too tight round the torso. I asked the company i ordered the suit with if they could adjust this slightly and they advised it would cost £350. The suit was £470 so as i am quite new to the sport, was wondering is this a reasonable price for the adjustment? 

Also is there any other places i should look to get this adjusted.

Thanks for all the help

Blue Skies

(edited)

Any good tailor worth his salt should be able to adjust your suit.  Cost would depend on how slight 'slightly' really is, but £350 seems excessive. I've had adjustments made  to both jumpsuit and FF pants at a tailor local to me. For example, I was charged £50.00 to adjust the waist on my FF pants which had inexplicably shrunk over one Xmas and New Year.  As an aside, Tony Suits used to offer a free adjustment on any new kit they made provided it was returned to them within X weeks of manufacture and return/delivery cost was a/c purchaser. 

Edited by Bokdrol
  • Like 1

If you had yourself measured by someone they approve of, and you haven't gained a lot of weight in the interim, it shouldn't cost anything. And to me, £350 seems not just excessive, but ridiculous.

It's not that hard to add some fabric; it won't look as splendid as it did, but it will work, and fit right. Any decent rigger or, for that matter, tailor/seamstress who works on garments that require strength, should be able to do that.

Wendy P.

(edited)

That's an absurd price to charge someone who just bought a brand new suit. Many companies would not charge anything or they would charge only the actual cost in labor to do the work.

Edited by 20kN