1 1
kallend

The Wise Man and the Fool

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear implored residents to avoid gathering this weekend for the Easter holiday, warning that anyone who violates the state's stay-at-home order will be subject to a 14-day mandatory self-quarantine.

Beshear said the state will record license plate information of people seen attending mass gatherings and turn that information over to local public health officials. Quarantine notices will then be delivered in person.

Sen. Rand Paul, a Republican who is recovering from coronavirus, criticized Beshear's order in a tweet.

"Taking license plates at church? Quarantining someone for being Christian on Easter Sunday? Someone needs to take a step back here," Paul tweeted.

But Beshear, a Democrat, said "it's not fair" for some people to violate the state's stay-at-home order and risk spreading COVID-19 to others who are following the directive.

"This is just an example of personal responsibility," Beshear said.

Darwin smiled.

• Like 1

I've said it already, although I'm not sure if it was on here or not:

I'm done being nice to stupid people who endanger others.

Take down their names, driver's licence numbers and a picture (easiest would be to take a pic while they hold the D/L next to their face).
Inform them that if they choose to join the large public gathering in violation of the law that they have then forfeited their right to get hospital care.

If they get seriously sick, God can heal them. Or they can die.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 3:15 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

I'm done being nice to stupid people who endanger others.

Take down their names, driver's licence numbers and a picture (easiest would be to take a pic while they hold the D/L next to their face).
Inform them that if they choose to join the large public gathering in violation of the law that they have then forfeited their right to get hospital care.

That seems rather deplorable.   I mean even if people were going around deliberately wiping infected snot on others with criminal intent, they should still be entitled to due process and medical treatment like any other criminal.

There are millions of "stupid people who endanger others" everyday.  I hardly think this crisis warrants abandonment of foundational principles.