2 2
DJL

Should Biden Get the Nomination in Light of an Apparent Sexual Assault

21 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Just when I thought HRC was the worst candidate to go against Trump the Democrats said, "hold my beer".

HRC was a far superior candidate to Donald Trump by any measuring stick. Americans just couldn't stomach a woman after a black guy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

HRC was a far superior candidate to Donald Trump by any measuring stick. Americans just couldn't stomach a woman after a black guy.

Hi Sky,

As has been noted numerous times on here, a fluke of the Electoral College.

America voted for her over Trump; which says a lot for our country and our values.

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Trump will be shoveling a verbal salad of idiocy down his throat during the debates. 

Trump will do that to anyone. The notion that there could be anyone who can speak well enough to 'defeat' Trump in a debate is nonsense. A person who can't see for themselves the emptiness and nonsense of Trump's waffle isn't going to change their opinion because the guys standing next to him points it out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

The notion that there could be anyone who can speak well enough to 'defeat' Trump in a debate is nonsense. 

Hi Jakee,

They are not debates; they are merely shouting matches.

In a true debate, you or I could defeat Trump; and easily.  Something about facts and that kind of stuff.

Jerry Baumchen

3 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Sky,

As has been noted numerous times on here, a fluke of the Electoral College.

America voted for her over Trump; which says a lot for our country and our values.

Jerry Baumchen

For our values at a whole, yes. But in a few key states, in that election, I think skydekker is right. 

44 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Just when I thought HRC was the worst candidate to go against Trump the Democrats said, "hold my beer".

This is fun for you, isn't it? Who cares if Trump wins again, right? It is what it is, nothing important is at stake, and it's the Democrats own damn fault they couldn't reanimate JFK for the election. What a comedic debacle and please pass the Cheetos. 

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Apparently the Biden campaign does. They went into full character assignation mode when Rogan said that he would vote for Bernie.  Biden is a shell of his former self (and even that wasn't very impressive) and getting worse.  If he cant field a question on guns from a union member, Trump will be shoveling a verbal salad of idiocy down his throat during the debates. 

Perhaps this is more palatable

Hi Brent,

Don’t you mean ‘character assassination?’

Jerry Baumchen

20 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

As I said, 'a fluke of the Electoral College.'*

Jerry Baumchen

* Which we need to correct.

Hey Jerry,

I understood. It was those few key states that caused the fluke. I should have been clearer.

Joe

22 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

This is fun for you, isn't it? Who cares if Trump wins again, right? It is what it is, nothing important is at stake, and it's the Democrats own damn fault they couldn't reanimate JFK for the election. What a comedic debacle and please pass the Cheetos. 

JFK would not have a home in todays Democratic party.  (Cut taxes for the rich, Bay of Pigs, Vietnam, "ask not what your country can do for you....")  

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

JFK would not have a home in todays Democratic party.  (Cut taxes for the rich, Bay of Pigs, Vietnam, "ask not what your country can do for you....")  

Sadly, Trump most definitely has a home in today's Republican party. 

Trump engendered great passion among his supporters.  The enthusiasm gap between Trump supporters and Biden supporters is HUGE.  It is going to come down to how this COVID situation pans out.  If it remains manageable (and that looks likely) and we have a V shaped recovery, Trump will get four more years.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Trump engendered great passion among his supporters.  The enthusiasm gap between Trump supporters and Biden supporters is HUGE.  It is going to come down to how this COVID situation pans out.  If it remains manageable (and that looks likely) and we have a V shaped recovery, Trump will get four more years.

I assume you're talking a V shaped stock market recovery. In the trenches it might be a very different story. For example, do you believe a switch gets thrown someday soon and every DZ is back to normal?