2 2
DJL

Should Biden Get the Nomination in Light of an Apparent Sexual Assault

(edited)
1 hour ago, markharju said:

I referred not to your friend, but the media. So Kavanaugh did stoopid sh** as a teenager, ffs.By that standard, many of us would be under the jail. Biden's actions were not committed by a teen.

No, most of us did not habitually assault women as teenagers. 

Side note, you must have had some fucking horrendous judgement in terms of choosing your friends and associates back then if you thnk that's true.

Side side note, I didn't realise that 'hasn't gone to jail' was the gold standard for choosing Supreme Court justices. Hell, why bother having confirmation hearings if all you need to do is check to see if they've got a criminal record?

Edited by jakee

2 hours ago, markharju said:

Can you show me the media circus over this alleged misconduct? Not seeing one.

Hi Mark,

#1)  Re:  Do you actually think that Biden is not being covered 24x7?

Care to answer this?

#2)  Re:  Can you show me the media circus over this alleged misconduct?

I cannot; probably because it is simply not that important to the media.  IMO if it were as important as you allege, FOX News would surely 'be all over it.'

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, markharju said:

Can you show me the media circus over this alleged misconduct? Not seeing one.

Google News search for "Biden Sexual Assault":

About 346,000 results.

Top results:

American Prospect: On the Perils of Ignoring Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Claim

KMOV.com: Joe Biden’s former staffer alleges he sexually assaulted her; campaign denies claim

Democracy Now: “It Shattered My Life”: Former Joe Biden Staffer Tara Reade Says He Sexually Assaulted Her in 1993

The Economist: How to weigh an allegation of assault against Joe Biden

You were saying?

3 hours ago, markharju said:

I referred not to your friend, but the media. So Kavanaugh did stoopid sh** as a teenager, ffs.By that standard, many of us would be under the jail. Biden's actions were not committed by a teen.

No, most of us did not do that sort of "stoopid sh**" as teens.

But that's beside the point.  As one of Cat's friends pointed out, it was so long ago that she was willing to forgive.  Then she heard his blatant lies about his childhood, and was not willing to forgive that.

5 hours ago, markharju said:

I am not supporting Trump when I point out the hypocrisy of the media. I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM.

In fairness, Mark, your postings do give the impression you favor Trump. So I'll ask you straight up, knowing what you know today, were the election was today, would you vote for Biden or Trump? And then please say why.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Why would Democrats be concerned with sexual assault by a Democrat?

I don't like Joe very much, so I'm biased. If this allegation turns out to be credible, and there is strong indication it will, it will and should be very damaging to Joe. But if a damaged Joe means Bernie I would go with Joe. Good luck America.

7 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I don't like Joe very much, so I'm biased. If this allegation turns out to be credible, and there is strong indication it will, it will and should be very damaging to Joe. But if a damaged Joe means Bernie I would go with Joe. Good luck America.

Thank you for your support. No offense, but some day's SC seems like a "Who wants to be an American" game show and the only option, if you don't know the answer, is to poll the international audience.

15 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Trump wins?

If the competition was "Who is the more predatory sexual predator?", then yes. 

He also wins 'Who told the most lies?' 'Who lined his own pockets the most?' and 'Who hired more unqualified and incompetent staff?'.

None of those are 'good' to win.

One could argue that once was a mistake. It may or may not be true and should still have consequences, but if it only happened once, then it could be.

However, if it happens multiple times, and the rapist is caught on audio bragging about how he can get away with it (also multiple times), then it's well beyond the 'mistake' category.

You know, that says more about you than anything else, that the most offensive thing you can think of is for a man to be interested in an African American man. 

Here's one I found of your hero. It's at least as realistic. 

Wendy P.

two.jpg

6 hours ago, wmw999 said:

You know, that says more about you than anything else, that the most offensive thing you can think of is for a man to be interested in an African American man. 

When I was a kid, another kid's parents admonished him not to eat things he found outside (like apples from a nearby tree) because "a black man might have peed on it."

To some people, there's nothing worse than being black (or gay.)  And that shows in their comments.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Does anyone actually care about Joe Rogan's political opinions?

Trump isn't capable of "eating alive" any smart, well spoken human on the planet.

Trump is a verbal salad of idiocy. He resorts to insults and lies within seconds of opening his Big Mack hole.

(edited)

Apparently the Biden campaign does. They went into full character assignation mode when Rogan said that he would vote for Bernie.  Biden is a shell of his former self (and even that wasn't very impressive) and getting worse.  If he cant field a question on guns from a union member, Trump will be shoveling a verbal salad of idiocy down his throat during the debates. 

Perhaps this is more palatable

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

If he cant field a question on guns from a union member, Trump will be shoveling a verbal salad of idiocy down his throat during the debates. 

And the Americans will therefor vote for Trump is your insinuation.

Now does that reflect on Biden or does that reflect on Americans?

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

And the Americans will therefor vote for Trump is your insinuation.

Now does that reflect on Biden or does that reflect on Americans?

It reflects on the ability of those that identify as democrats to install a candidate worth a vote.