2 2
DJL

Should Biden Get the Nomination in Light of an Apparent Sexual Assault

It appears to me that there is no political motivation by Tara Reide accusing Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her other than that she thinks it's important that this information is available to those considering voting for him.  The Democratic party is now at the same point that Republicans were upon hearing instances of women accusing Trump of sexual assault AND Trump's self-alleged sexual assaults via a recording.  The difference is that there has not been a DNC confirmation of his candidacy as there was already an RNC confirmation for Trump.

Her interview describing the specifics of the assault:

it appears to me that there very much is a political motive for this, otherwise we would have heard it already.  not that it didn't happen, i wasn't there and it sounds like she is serious about it, but i do question the timing.  sounds like russians are feeding shit to agent orange's team and they are putting it out for maximum damage.  i would love to see them drop biden and put cuomo on the ticket with michelle obama as his vp.

50 minutes ago, DJL said:

It appears to me that there is no political motivation by Tara Reide accusing Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her other than that she thinks it's important that this information is available to those considering voting for him.  The Democratic party is now at the same point that Republicans were upon hearing instances of women accusing Trump of sexual assault AND Trump's self-alleged sexual assaults via a recording.  The difference is that there has not been a DNC confirmation of his candidacy as there was already an RNC confirmation for Trump.

There were several assault allegations and at least one rape allegation against Trump before the RNC confirmation. 

Unfortunately it's now a numbers game.  Do we want a man accused of two rapes and nine sexual assaults, or a man accused of one sexual assault?

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

There were several assault allegations and at least one rape allegation against Trump before the RNC confirmation. 

Unfortunately it's now a numbers game.  Do we want a man accused of two rapes and nine sexual assaults, or a man accused of one sexual assault?

Two touchdowns and nine field goals beats one field goal.

39 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

it appears to me that there very much is a political motive for this, otherwise we would have heard it already.  not that it didn't happen, i wasn't there and it sounds like she is serious about it, but i do question the timing.  sounds like russians are feeding shit to agent orange's team and they are putting it out for maximum damage.  i would love to see them drop biden and put cuomo on the ticket with michelle obama as his vp.

I'm curious about the timing but this appears to be the first time she's told the whole story.  It appears as though before she gave no details or it was comparable to his way of sniffing hair and being really fucking creepy.  Many times these things don't come out in a perfect manner because the person hopes they don't have to tell their story.  When it becomes obvious that the person WILL then they're boxed in and it's almost too late.  I wish she had brought these details up but previously there was little support for women in public venues such as this.  Remember that it was only a few Presidents ago that even Democrats elected a President with a long and very public list of sexual assault allegations.

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

It's incredible that we're in a situation like this but I would like to see the Democratic party do what they said Republicans should've done.  I know that we can't expect the President to be some kind of Jesus but let's at least stop electing people who we'd never let in the door for a job interview because of their history of sexual assault accusations.

7 minutes ago, DJL said:

I'm curious about the timing but this appears to be the first time she's told the whole story.  It appears as though before she gave no details or it was comparable to his way of sniffing hair and being really fucking creepy.  Many times these things don't come out in a perfect manner because the person hopes they don't have to tell their story.  When it becomes obvious that the person WILL then they're boxed in and it's almost too late.  I wish she had brought these details up but previously there was little support for women in public venues such as this.  Remember that it was only a few Presidents ago that even Democrats elected a President with a long and very public list of sexual assault allegations.

It's incredible that we're in a situation like this but I would like to see the Democratic party do what they said Republicans should've done.  I know that we can't expect the President to be some kind of Jesus but let's at least stop electing people who we'd never let in the door for a job interview because of their history of sexual assault accusations.

I didn't vote for him.  My vote here didn't count for much.  I have resigned myself to do the best we can with what we have, though.

I'm sure there are similar sentiments from the democrat crew.

I hope, if the democrats get into power, that the right will do a better job of being more adult in their objections than the left has been with Trump.

One can hope, right?

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I hope, if the democrats get into power, that the right will do a better job of being more adult in their objections than the left has been with Trump.

One can hope, right?

Give me a fucking break. After the 8 years of "make sure nothing he does gets any cooperation" as the publicly stated goal of the Republican senate, you really think that's going to happen?

This wasn't a case of "they don't suggest anything we can work with," it was a case of "no matter what they suggest we're against it." And McConnell has promised more of the same if a Democrat is elected this year.

Wendy P.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Give me a fucking break. After the 8 years of "make sure nothing he does gets any cooperation" as the publicly stated goal of the Republican senate, you really think that's going to happen?

This wasn't a case of "they don't suggest anything we can work with," it was a case of "no matter what they suggest we're against it." And McConnell has promised more of the same if a Democrat is elected this year.

Wendy P.

I wrote, "One can hope, right?"

Perhaps it was subtle, but definitely sarcasm.

Maybe if we had a <Facepalm> emoticon.¬¬

2 hours ago, DJL said:

Her interview describing the specifics of the assault:

The testimony (it isn't sworn) is pretty graphic. By their own petard, the monsters who brutalized Kavanaugh should be demanded to now uphold the same standard for Biden, wherein journalists scour high school yearbooks, looking for dirt. Kavanaugh was only being nominated for SCOTUS,  whereas Biden is campaigning for POTUS. The hypocritical crickets chirp most loudly.

1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

Your handle suits you. Pot, meet kettle.

59 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I didn't vote for him.  My vote here didn't count for much.  I have resigned myself to do the best we can with what we have, though.

I'm sure there are similar sentiments from the democrat crew.

One can hope, right?

For fucks sake, Turtle, it's like every day you bust through the shell again. 

1 hour ago, markharju said:

The testimony (it isn't sworn) is pretty graphic. By their own petard, the monsters who brutalized Kavanaugh should be demanded to now uphold the same standard for Biden, wherein journalists scour high school yearbooks, looking for dirt. Kavanaugh was only being nominated for SCOTUS,  whereas Biden is campaigning for POTUS. The hypocritical crickets chirp most loudly.

Well, if the Rs hold Biden to the same standard they held Kavenaugh & Trump to, then he's in.

1 hour ago, markharju said:

On the plus side, Republicans should be fine with him.  (Well, perhaps he has to do some more pussy-grabbing first to be "one of them.)

BTW one of the "monsters who brutalized Kavanaugh" was a woman I went out with a few times.  She went to school with him, and as soon as she heard he was under consideration she started organizing a petition drive to get the other woman assaulted by him to testify.  She called one other friend who knew him well from Yale.

"Look, I agree that he was a dirtbag, but he's changed," she said,  "I know his wife, and he's become a better person.  I can't sign that petition.  You can't hold people accountable for mistake they made when they were kids."

Then the friend heard his testimony.  She called Cat back.

"That lying, dishonest . . . . where do I sign?"

7 minutes ago, billvon said:

On the plus side, Republicans should be fine with him.  (Well, perhaps he has to do some more pussy-grabbing first to be "one of them.)

BTW one of the "monsters who brutalized Kavanaugh" was a woman I went out with a few times.  She went to school with him, and as soon as she heard he was under consideration she started organizing a petition drive to get the other woman assaulted by him to testify.  She called one other friend who knew him well from Yale.

"Look, I agree that he was a dirtbag, but he's changed," she said,  "I know his wife, and he's become a better person.  I can't sign that petition.  You can't hold people accountable for mistake they made when they were kids."

Then the friend heard his testimony.  She called Cat back.

"That lying, dishonest . . . . where do I sign?"

I referred not to your friend, but the media. So Kavanaugh did stoopid sh** as a teenager, ffs.By that standard, many of us would be under the jail. Biden's actions were not committed by a teen.

Just now, wolfriverjoe said:

Neither were Trump's.

...So where's the 24x7 media coverage for Biden, then? <crickets>...thought so.

I am not supporting Trump when I point out the hypocrisy of the media. I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM.

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

Do you actually think that Biden is not being covered 24x7?

If you do, I have this beachfront property in Iowa we could talk about.

Jerry Baumchen

Can you show me the media circus over this alleged misconduct? Not seeing one.

4 minutes ago, markharju said:

How long has the story been out?

Honest question, I haven't been paying attention to this one.

I have no doubt that it will gain traction, if the allegations hold up.

14 minutes ago, markharju said:

I can't say I've seen any about Trump recently, either.  Seems pretty proportional to the numbers to me, or if anything MORE about Biden.

Also recall that Trump is on video admitting to it, and to walking in on a beauty contest contestants' changing room.