1 1
JoeWeber

We need a hero

It might be time to accept there is no there there. It all seems obvious and verifiable, sure, but how is it that no one truly in there at a very high level has come out with first hand provable truth and sacrificed their careers? Captain Brett Crozier was so faced and did the right thing. But if it's all as bad as we're told why hasn't anyone come out with the goods?  Where are Bolton, Kelley. McMaster et al.? It can not be for book deals only.

Are we to believe that no one has cojones anymore? Not likely. More likely is that it's less bad than we're being led to believe. I don't believe so but enough do.

This isn't Stalinist Russia, yet. It's still possible to speak out if you are willing to accept career consequences. If no one does then it was just another hoax and witch hunt. And that is how Trump wins again.

Now, more than ever, we need a hero.

30 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Now, more than ever, we need a hero.

Hi Joe,

While I doubt he meets your criteria, our only hope now is Joe Biden.

Everyone who wants to save this country needs to get behind him in our hour of need.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  No, Joe was not my first pick.

52 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Now more than ever we need bourbon.

America has had its heroes bullied and fired. For now Fauci in his muzzled state will have to do.

No disagreement on whatever booze it takes to get numb these day's. But getting fired isn't enough. That just shows they didn't have the balls to quit and get nasty vocal and just screw it. My claim is that Trump is corrosive to the core values of America, destructive to the rule of law and may have already permanently altered the system of checks and balances that has kept our democracy a democracy. I say he is an incompetent buffoon whose narcissism is now killing our fellow citizens. If that's all mostly true, please tell me how Dr. Fauci, your example, wouldn't now better serve his nation by quitting and screaming bloody murder?

9 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

While I doubt he meets your criteria, our only hope now is Joe Biden.

Everyone who wants to save this country needs to get behind him in our hour of need.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  No, Joe was not my first pick.

What a shitty hope. Yet again we are living in the South Park Vote or Die episode. We have Giant Douche and Shit Sandwich to pick from.

I am amazed that Biden was the best the Democratic party could come up with. This was a great opportunity to raise up a great candidate, instead we have to choose between a misogynistic racist drug addict that is actively undermining our standing in the world, and a senile groper who is 10 years too late and whose only qualifications now are being Obama's Vice President.  

Our two party system continues to suck.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No disagreement on whatever booze it takes to get numb these day's. But getting fired isn't enough. That just shows they didn't have the balls to quit and get nasty vocal and just screw it. My claim is that Trump is corrosive to the core values of America, destructive to the rule of law and may have already permanently altered the system of checks and balances that has kept our democracy a democracy. I say he is an incompetent buffoon whose narcissism is now killing our fellow citizens. If that's all mostly true, please tell me how Dr. Fauci, your example, wouldn't now better serve his nation by quitting and screaming bloody murder?

I don't disagree with anything you've suggested. On balance its impossible to make changes or speak to power from within the trump administration. Perhaps Fauci doesn't understand that. More likely, he believes speaking from within is still the best course in his current semi-muzzled position.

Currently the anticipated peak of daily deaths is anticipated Easter Sunday. The time when about ten days ago trump was suggesting easing work restrictions. AFAIK it was Fauci and another official who persuaded trump to can that ill conceived idea.

With Kushner running things, with the firing of the IG, Mr. Fine. A tsunami of cash is going to be unleashed by trump insiders w/o fiscal controls

My largest concern in the absence of a hero who can speak the truth to Americans. Is a second wave equal or worse than the first..Hope, the election is but 208 days away.

43 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

If that's all mostly true, please tell me how Dr. Fauci, your example, wouldn't now better serve his nation by quitting and screaming bloody murder?

Same psychology as women who like bad boys. This time it will be different. He will change for me. I can control him. etc.

7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Same psychology as women who like bad boys. This time it will be different. He will change for me. I can control him. etc.

To a degree, maybe.

But I think it's more that if he stays, he has some influence. If he leaves, he has none.

No matter where he would go, no matter what he would say, Trump would ignore it. 

By staying, he at least has the ability to speak directly to the Mango Mussolini. Even if his advice is only followed some of the time (it does appear that way), it's a lot better than none of the time.

13 minutes ago, kallend said:

If Dr. Fauci were to quit now he would simply be replaced with a Trump toady, and more people would die. His oath as a physician is no doubt in his mind.

Fauci is caught between a rock and a hard place.  IMHO, of course.

He doesn't need to go quietly into the night. In the end any discrediting of Trump he might accomplish might also be the bit that causes Trump to lose in November. One could argue that's the life saving mission his oath requires. Were he to quit because Trump was costing American lives I think that would be a very powerful weapon. 

53 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Were he to quit because Trump was costing American lives I think that would be a very powerful weapon. 

Yes, but quitting now is way to early. He will be long forgotten by Nov. Anyone bring up Sarah Huckabee Sanders anymore?

1 hour ago, DougH said:

Now is the time (more than any other) where we need to elect a 3rd party candidate. The current administration has proven that any idiot can be president. So it really doesn't matter (unlike what both parties have said for years) who is elected. Electing a 3rd party will send a message to the Ds & Rs that they need to clean house and nominate/get behind someone of quality. But I highly doubt that they would take that stance.

11 minutes ago, CygnusX-1 said:

Now is the time (more than any other) where we need to elect a 3rd party candidate. The current administration has proven that any idiot can be president. So it really doesn't matter (unlike what both parties have said for years) who is elected. Electing a 3rd party will send a message to the Ds & Rs that they need to clean house and nominate/get behind someone of quality. But I highly doubt that they would take that stance.

Three or more parties can only be viable once we adopt ranked voting or runoff elections. 

3 hours ago, DougH said:

We have Giant Douche and Shit Sandwich to pick from.

Hi Doug,

I am not in disagreement.  The first time I ever voted for POTUS ( 1964 ), the choices were worse on one side ( the D's ) and better on the other side ( the R's ).

Therefore, I have concluded that Joe Biden is a good candidate.

You just need to put things into persective.

Jerry Baumchen

3 hours ago, DougH said:

What a shitty hope. Yet again we are living in the South Park Vote or Die episode. We have Giant Douche and Shit Sandwich to pick from.

I am amazed that Biden was the best the Democratic party could come up with. This was a great opportunity to raise up a great candidate, instead we have to choose between a misogynistic racist drug addict that is actively undermining our standing in the world, and a senile groper who is 10 years too late and whose only qualifications now are being Obama's Vice President.  

co signing, LOSE LOSE. 

Very few people were ever thrilled by Joe Biden these days. So anyone thrilling would be great. I can already hear some of my conservative friends lambasting Cuomo because he's too "whiny," which was the criticism of McCain in 2000. So I think that's a meme now, for someone who talks about the issues that are facing him or her, rather than just bulling ahead and doing something. 

Talking about them allows for the possibility of more input, and allows for future criticism. I can see where some would think that's weakness, when it's really strength. Because decisions should be transparent, and not just a show of force.

Wendy P.

56 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The DNC is not mentioned in the article.  Did you bother to read it?  It was a partisan poll conducted by a conservative outfit for the express purpose of belittling Biden.

The poll, conducted April 3-6, was commissioned by the conservative professional-industry Club for Advancement, which normally supports Republican candidates.

Club for Advancement Vice President of Communications Joe Kildea told The Submit that the outcomes emphasize Biden’s weak point as a applicant.

. . .

The poll was conducted on the internet among a agent sample of 1,000 people by WPAi, one particular of the top rated-three polling companies used by Republicans.

. . .

There were being 361 Democratic respondents, 349 Republican respondents and 262 independents.

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

The DNC is not mentioned in the article.  Did you bother to read it?  It was a partisan poll conducted by a conservative outfit for the express purpose of belittling Biden.

The poll, conducted April 3-6, was commissioned by the conservative professional-industry Club for Advancement, which normally supports Republican candidates.

Club for Advancement Vice President of Communications Joe Kildea told The Submit that the outcomes emphasize Biden’s weak point as a applicant.

. . .

The poll was conducted on the internet among a agent sample of 1,000 people by WPAi, one particular of the top rated-three polling companies used by Republicans.

. . .

There were being 361 Democratic respondents, 349 Republican respondents and 262 independents.

I equate the DNC with all democrats.  After all, that's who ultimately decides y'all's fate.