Bigfalls

FAA will not be enforcing medical expirations

"Any pilot whose medical expires after March 30 can continue to fly until June 30 without renewing in light of the novel coronavirus crisis. The FAA announced on Friday it will not be enforcing medical expirations during that period so that medical personnel can focus on dealing with the pandemic. “The Notice states that from March 31, 2020 to June 30, 2020, the FAA will not take legal enforcement action against any person serving as a required pilot flight crew member or flight engineer who holds a medical certificate that expires within this time period,” AOPA quoted an email from FAA staff as reporting."

• Like 1

The USPA Board of Directors temporarily waived the requirement for tandem instructors to hold a Federal Aviation Administration Third-Class Medical Certificate. The Executive Committee passed the following motion: “Move to waive SIM Section 2-1. C. 2. Any valid FAA medical held by a USPA Tandem Instructor rating holder that expires between 03/31/2020 through 06/30/2020, will be considered valid by USPA until 1 July 2020.”
Paul Gholson  USPA Southern Regional Director 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that the FAA does not require that TI's hold a medical. The FAA just wants TI's to meet the manufacturer's requirements, and it's the mfg's and USPA that require the medicals.

Also, it hasn't been mentioned here, but are the manufacturers on board with USPA's waiver?