Phil1111

Gaslighting coronavirus

1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:

Stupid v2 is not at a college where everyone around them can be ignorant of the world.

I don't blame the first man to climb up under a cow and suck on a teet.

He was hungry.

I blame the second man who believed the first man when he said it was a good idea to try it.

Then, Stupid v.3-1000 sends their kids to the same school as Stupid v.2 to drink the milk.    

1 minute ago, BIGUN said:

I don't blame the first man to climb up under a cow and suck on a teet.

He was hungry.

I blame the second man who believed the first man when he said it was a good idea to try it.

Then, Stupid v.3-1000 sends their kids to the same school as Stupid v.2 to drink the milk.    

Well possibly. But I think there just has to be some sort of over-riding religious factor. AFAIK that is some sort of accredited university. I'd like to hear from someone who is familiar with that student body. Divine protections? Blind obedience to college and leaders? "Stupid" is just too easy. Or perhaps the the reporting is exaggerated?

It might well be doubling down; if nothing bad, or minimal bad, happens (i.e. many kids sick, none or just a few dead), then he's a "winner." If something bad happens, he didn't require them to stay on campus, so it's not his fault! The fact that he told Fox News before he told the student body kind of indicates it's more about him than it is about his students.

:|

Wendy P.

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

It might well be doubling down; if nothing bad, or minimal bad, happens (i.e. many kids sick, none or just a few dead), then he's a "winner." If something bad happens, he didn't require them to stay on campus, so it's not his fault! The fact that he told Fox News before he told the student body kind of indicates it's more about him than it is about his students.

:|

Wendy P.

Personally, as a practising, believing Christian, I think it is a bad idea.

(edited)

Well, the rise in his popularity is not at all surprising.

GWB saw something like 39% increase in fall of 2001.

GHWB saw a 16% increase after the start of the Gulf war in 91.

So, with that in mind, Trumps rise of a few points is actually lower.

As far as the rest of the Trumpettes:

so long as they are unified against an enemy, true believers will support their leader no matter how outrageous his behavior gets. Indeed, their loyalty will only get stronger as his behavior gets more and more extreme. Turning against him would force them to own their own part in his attacks on those former enemies they would now have to recognize as ordinary human beings like themselves.

Sound familiar?

Source (for both the quote and the stats): 

Edited by wolfriverjoe
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 3:45 PM, RonD1120 said:

Personally, as a practising, believing Christian, I think it is a bad idea.

You're staying holed up, right?  You can skip a few church services for a bit.

6 hours ago, DJL said:

Our town is shut down for the most part. Governor Kemp is going to shut down the whole state Friday. 

We have not had church for two weeks and today was the last day for our church food bank.

Many folks in Atlanta have houses up here. There is talk about closing the entrance routes into our area.

6 hours ago, DJL said:

2 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

We have not had church for two weeks and today was the last day for our church food bank.

Good for you, stay safe. There are ways to keep food banks going you just have to be very, very careful. With pickup, delivery and any handling anywhere in between. The next couple months will be very tough for people w/o money.