2 2
Phil1111

The Road to Coronavirus Hell Was Paved by Evangelicals

3 hours ago, TriGirl said:

And if you want a good scary movie, check out "Jesus Camp."   Although we've been seeing the scary bits in the US for the past four years.  Spoiler alert: the parts that scared me most were the ignorant ones calling into radio shows (and we've seen that attitude on full display since the current administration)

that film is downright scary

20 hours ago, TriGirl said:

And if you want a good scary movie, check out "Jesus Camp."   Although we've been seeing the scary bits in the US for the past four years.  Spoiler alert: the parts that scared me most were the ignorant ones calling into radio shows (and we've seen that attitude on full display since the current administration)

Not even 10 minutes in and I now remember why I refused to go back to the FAG church my granny liked so much.

This is flipping insanity. The pentecostals are crazy. Complete nonsense. Brainwashing children and it's disgusting.

Well, on the flip side of that, a pastor in Cameroon was 'healing' Covid patients by laying hands on them.

He's now dead. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8335123/Cameroon-pastor-healed-coronavirus-sufferers-laying-hands-dies-Covid-19.html

Apparently his followers refused to allow police to take his body. 

They were praying for his ressurection, so they didn't want him to be buried.

From the story:
'Now that he is dead, I do not know how the people that he was laying hands on will be healed.' 

Ummm...

They won't?

35 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Apparently his followers refused to allow police to take his body. 

They were praying for his ressurection, so they didn't want him to be buried.

No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting!

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Evidently there are the odd evangelical hater as well. A tip for investigators is that the arsonist has poor spelling, perhaps.

Church that defied stay-at-home orders burned to the ground in suspected arson

"Bet you stay home now you hypokrites." was painted on the church property.

I'll bet you it was a well insured building.

The deal with Satan hasn't turned out so well for evangelical christians. Satan of course was an angel who rebelled against god and was expelled from heaven.It was Satan who temped Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. Just as trump temped evangelicals with the promise of corrupt laws.Just as Satan was cast from heaven for his betrayal, evangelicals will be cast when they come knocking for their betrayal of Christianity.

A feature article from The Atlantic.The Cost of the Evangelical Betrayal. "White, conservative Christians who set aside the tenets of their faith to support Donald Trump are now left with little to show for it.

"The closest thing social conservatives and evangelical supporters of President Donald Trump had to a conversation stopper, when pressed about their support for a president who is so manifestly corrupt, cruel, mendacious, and psychologically unwell, was a simple phrase: “But Gorsuch.”

Donald Trump may be a flawed character, they argued, but at least he appointed Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

And then came Bostock v. Clayton County, Georgia.

That is the case decided in mid-June in which the majority opinion, written by Justice Gorsuch, protected gay and transgender individuals from workplace discrimination, handing the LGBTQ movement a historic victory.

Garrett Epps: What ‘because of sex’ really means

“An employer who fires an individual merely for being gay or transgender defies the law,” Gorsuch wrote for the majority in the 6–3 ruling.

It was a crushing blow for the religious right, and it must have dawned on more than a few of Trump’s evangelical supporters that if Hillary Clinton had won the presidency, the outcome of the case would have been the same; the only difference is that the margin probably would have been 7–2."

The Bostock case was not the only major legal setback for social conservatives and evangelical Christians. By a 5–4 margin, the Court—in June Medical Services v. Russo—delivered a significant defeat to the pro-life movement, striking down as unconstitutional a Louisiana law that could have left the state with only a single abortion clinic. This dashed the hopes of those who were counting on Trump’s appointees to lead the Court in overturning Roe v. Wade. (Both of Trump’s Supreme Court choices were in the minority.)"

Every day the trump death clock ticks up and the deal with Satan is refreshed in the mind of God.