2 2
Phil1111

The Road to Coronavirus Hell Was Paved by Evangelicals

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

How do you figure?  The first reply by gowlerk is some kind of joke about Christians dying -  and normiss liked it. (go figure)

The second reply is Nigel raggin' on about how I treat Phil nicer than him. (and by raggin' I don't mean raging,  I mean raggin' - like it's his time of the month.)

The third reply is about how Phil felt bad for calling me names - and then nigel wonders why I treat him better, lol.

You were raggin' on some strawman, but the funny thing there is that atheists actually do go to church -  then they say that christians are the ones that need a crutch. . .

The rest are people here are just going on about 2 pastors in all of Christendom that were arrested for holding services for .0000005% of the christian population.

 

Ya, because if someone said that the road to increased STD hell is being paved by homosexuals, or that the road to inner city violence is being paved by blacks, or that the road to hell should be paved by Jews, queers and mexicans, you'd just ignore it right?  No bigotry there, eh?

 

It's hard to say.  These church people are so desperate during this time that they obviously feel church is necessary and essential to their life.

Not sure I can say the same to those crowding Socal beaches and the bars, nor about those celebrating b-day parties and funerals - but apparently y'all is ok with all that as long as they don't specifically identify as evangelical/christian.

. . . and the fact that that church spent $100k on a hospital grade air purification system, and separated people into 7 different areas on their campus, and didn't even take a money collection works against your whole hateful "leech" theory.

 

Ya, it's a quiet time.  How about you take that time  and spend it with your father?   I know he's sick, but my heart says that he needs to be with you, and your family has delivered him to you. 

For the last 1- 2 years or so, you've been lamenting on Christianity and your childhood.  You've expressed disdain for your father, but now he's here.  Take some time and make that right.  He loves you.  Don't regret it.  Just work it out, what ever you have to do, ok bud?

No Joe, we're not in agreement.  I mean, I like your posting style, and we could really make a good team, but you're a bitch - and ain't working with no bitches.

Some of my best friends are complete assholes whom I disagree with on a non-stop basis. A slot just opened, I'll hold it open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Coreece said:

The first reply by gowlerk is some kind of joke about Christians dying

I said nothing about Christians. I said God was harvesting the faithful. It is your assumption that means Christians. And it was not really a joke. More of a commentary. You should have noticed that the comment was about mankind.

 

28 minutes ago, Coreece said:

It's hard to say.  These church people are so desperate during this time that they obviously feel church is necessary and essential to their life.

I understand that people feel the need to meet. I don't understand that their leaders refuse to be responsible. And follow the law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

How do you figure?  The first reply by gowlerk is some kind of joke about Christians dying -  and normiss liked it. (go figure)

The second reply is Nigel raggin' on about how I treat Phil nicer than him. (and by raggin' I don't mean raging,  I mean raggin' - like it's his time of the month.)

The third reply is about how Phil felt bad for calling me names - and then nigel wonders why I treat him better, lol.

You were raggin' on some strawman, but the funny thing there is that atheists actually do go to church -  then they say that christians are the ones that need a crutch. . .

The rest are people here are just going on about 2 pastors in all of Christendom that were arrested for holding services for .0000005% of the christian population.

 

Ya, because if someone said that the road to increased STD hell is being paved by homosexuals, or that the road to inner city violence is being paved by blacks, or that the road to hell should be paved by Jews, queers and mexicans, you'd just ignore it right?  No bigotry there, eh?

 

It's hard to say.  These church people are so desperate during this time that they obviously feel church is necessary and essential to their life.

Not sure I can say the same to those crowding Socal beaches and the bars, nor about those celebrating b-day parties and funerals - but apparently y'all is ok with all that as long as they don't specifically identify as evangelical/christian.

. . . and the fact that that church spent $100k on a hospital grade air purification system, and separated people into 7 different areas on their campus, and didn't even take a money collection works against your whole hateful "leech" theory.

 

Ya, it's a quiet time.  How about you take that time  and spend it with your father?   I know he's sick, but my heart says that he needs to be with you, and your family has delivered him to you. 

For the last 1- 2 years or so, you've been lamenting on Christianity and your childhood.  You've expressed disdain for your father, but now he's here.  Take some time and make that right.  He loves you.  Don't regret it.  Just work it out, what ever you have to do, ok bud?

No Joe, we're not in agreement.  I mean, I like your posting style, and we could really make a good team, but you're a bitch - and ain't working with no bitches.

It's a shame there's no "laughing" button.

Bless your heart.

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Some of my best friends are complete assholes whom I disagree with on a non-stop basis. A slot just opened, I'll hold it

I'd take it but Bill just banned me for like 10 days for calling you a bitch.

Personally I have more respect if Bill would just PA posters straight up, rather than his veiled attempts by comparing people here to Harvey Weinstein and making pathetic sexual references about pedophilia just to take a jab at Trump - as if he had to go that far out of his way.  Makes you wonder wtf's wrong with the guy, eh?

 

Anyway, I'll order my army of sock puppets to stand down and respect the ban from this post on, but I've severely overestimated many posters here and therefore not sure if I'll even care to come back. 

Everyone please stay as safe as you can.  I love you all in one way or another -  and thanks for everything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Coreeece said:

I'd take it but Bill just banned me for like 10 days for calling you a bitch.

Personally I have more respect if Bill would just PA posters straight up, rather than his veiled attempts by comparing people here to Harvey Weinstein and making pathetic sexual references about pedophilia just to take a jab at Trump - as if he had to go that far out of his way.  Makes you wonder wtf's wrong with the guy, eh?

 

Anyway, I'll order my army of sock puppets to stand down and respect the ban from this post on, but I've severely overestimated many posters here and therefore not sure if I'll even care to come back. 

Everyone please stay as safe as you can.  I love you all in one way or another -  and thanks for everything!

Always the other guy's fault.

At the very least, stay safe during this crazy environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Coreeece said:

Everyone please stay as safe as you can.  I love you all in one way or another -  and thanks for everything!

It is getting rougher in here lately. Too many people with too much stress and too much time to fret I think. Come back after your quarantine and let us know you are still with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coreeece said:

I'd take it but Bill just banned me for like 10 days for calling you a bitch.

Note you are not banned.

Quote

Personally I have more respect if Bill would just PA posters straight up

Of course.  Then we could all have the fun of seeing you scream "HYPOCRITE!" over and over.  Because that never gets old.

Quote

but I've severely overestimated many posters here and therefore not sure if I'll even care to come back. 

Totally up to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coreeece said:

Anyway, I'll order my army of sock puppets to stand down and respect the ban from this post on, but I've severely overestimated many posters here and therefore not sure if I'll even care to come back. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ryoder said:

 

Best response I've yet to see about people that self declare they're leaving.

But they aren't.

Making it more of a "Look at me all offended and pushed out so I'm leaving before that happens".

Yet they don't.

Social media, somewhat anti-social but you're to blame approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, billvon said:

Note you are not banned.

Of course.  Then we could all have the fun of seeing you scream "HYPOCRITE!" over and over.  Because that never gets old.

Totally up to you.

WTF, what was the number of the 24hr drama hotline again? 

All kidding aside there is a fatal flaw to the long discourse of hypocritical analogies. First its always better to be an outspoken atheist than a hypocrite.

Second "homosexuals, blacks, Jews, queers and Mexicans" Are not using tax loopholes to organize political activism for a president devoted to trampling on the rights of all of the aforementioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Coreece said:

Not sure I can say the same to those crowding Socal beaches and the bars, nor about those celebrating b-day parties and funerals - but apparently y'all is ok with all that as long as they don't specifically identify as evangelical/christian.

There were a whole bunch of posts about the stupid spring breakers and other people going to the beaches. I'm not quite sure how you figured that criticising them means being ok with it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know, this whole "road to hell" thing isn't just paved by Evangelicals:

Ultra-Orthodox non-compliance

Muslim non-compliance

Hindu non-compliance

But these are also religions that place a lot of emphasis on human leaders to interpret divine scripture, and there are a lot of practitioners in the world -- so it's easy to find examples of non-compliance, there are more of them in the first place.

I doubt there are a lot of non-compliant Unitarians or Sikhs ^.^

It's a lack of acceptance of science, not Christianity.

Wendy P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Ya know, this whole "road to hell" thing isn't just paved by Evangelicals:

Ultra-Orthodox non-compliance

Muslim non-compliance

Hindu non-compliance

But these are also religions that place a lot of emphasis on human leaders to interpret divine scripture, and there are a lot of practitioners in the world -- so it's easy to find examples of non-compliance, there are more of them in the first place.

I doubt there are a lot of non-compliant Unitarians or Sikhs ^.^

It's a lack of acceptance of science, not Christianity.

Wendy P.

For sure, but locally it's a Christian show in overwhelming numbers. And no thank you for the link to the cow urine drinking party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Ya know, this whole "road to hell" thing isn't just paved by Evangelicals:

But....Hindus are not on "The Road To Hell". They have no Hell other than living in their next body on Earth. Christians in the USA just happen to be the people who will be flooding the hospitals with their communally acquired illnesses. They won't be waiting at home for The Lord to take them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tennessee governor Bill Lee is a Evangelical Christian, a republican, he waited until March 30 to order a shutdown nonessential business. There was no stay at home order till April 2nd. In conference call with mayors and county leaders Mr. Lee call for everyone to pray. At Mr. Lee's church:

"One guest pastor, Michael Brown, gave a sermon on March 1, 2015, on “Understanding Radical Islam,” which he says he was specifically asked to give by Grace Chapel’s pastor Steve Berger. Brown started his sermon admitting that maybe not all Muslims support violence or are trying to take over the country with Shariah law, but as he went on, the implications are clear: Christians in government are only trying to do “what’s right,” whereas in Islam, “there’s no separation of church and state,” and if Muslims take over we could all be beheaded....Pastor Steve Berger’s views, however, it’s unclear why any woman would want to serve in church leadership. On September 30th, Berger gave a sermon on Brett Kavanaugh, entitled “Biblical Qualifications for Bringing an Accusation Against Someone.” In it he cites verses from Deuteronomy, Matthew, and 1 Timothy that say not one but two or three witnesses (at least) are needed to bring an accusation of sin against someone. “This is a moral law here,” Berger says.

Berger went on to say that even if Kavanaugh did rape someone, he’s still qualified for the Supreme Court, because “Moses was a murderer before he was the world’s greatest lawgiver,” and “King David was an adulterer and murderer as a King,” and “Saul of Tarsus was a murderer before he became Paul the Apostle, the greatest Apostle in the history of the church.” (Notably, Moses and David and Paul all actually sought forgiveness, something Kavanaugh has not done.)"

So thats the Pastor of the Governor's church which Mr. Lee has attended for a long time. So the question is, whose the radical the Pastor or the Governor? Who is paving the road, republicans or evangelicals?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, billvon said:

Note you are not banned.

Of course.  Then we could all have the fun of seeing you scream "HYPOCRITE!" over and over.  Because that never gets old.

Totally up to you.

Think he'll actually last the entire 10 days of his self imposed banning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, normiss said:

Think he'll actually last the entire 10 days of his self imposed banning?

 

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Which one?  "ee" or "eee"?

Gotta wonder how he can keep posting under different names.

I think it's pretty pathetic that he can think he's banned, then come back and post under a sock puppet.

As he noted, he's got an 'army' of them. Various numbers of "o", "e" (Both middle and end) and "c" to make them different enough to register, yet similar enough to shove it in the faces of the mods that it's him. 

At least John Rich got creative about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, normiss said:

Think he'll actually last the entire 10 days of his self imposed banning?

Well that does coincide with Easter Sunday. Which of course is the "Resurrection Sunday"!........... You don't think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

2 2