2 2
Phil1111

The Road to Coronavirus Hell Was Paved by Evangelicals

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I don't see a problem with it, but it depends on what Mississippi's rules are.

For example, in Wisconsin, I can go for a drive in my car. I am supposed to not have passengers that I'm not 'sheltering' with otherwise, but I can legally hop in my car and just go for a ride (I've done that too).

Other places don't allow that. I've heard that people are getting pulled over and ticketed in Ohio & Pennsylvania. No confirmation, but that's 'the word'. 

Yep.  Too bad we don't have countrywide guidelines for what's OK and what isn't, eh?  Almost as if there was a vacuum where ordinarily we have leadership there.

1 minute ago, billvon said:

Yep.  Too bad we don't have countrywide guidelines for what's OK and what isn't, eh?  Almost as if there was a vacuum where ordinarily we have leadership there.

And the new Borowitz commentary is right on target:

Nation’s Governors Consider Forming Country

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/nations-governors-consider-forming-country

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 11:19 PM, normiss said:

Think he'll actually last the entire 10 days of his self imposed banning?

Again, despite what some people say, this wasn't a self-imposed banning.  I'm not making this up, lol.   I really was restricted from posting for 10 days.

ban3.jpg.dbfd55380a94a54c8b6424becbc066d4.jpg

On 4/4/2020 at 12:10 AM, normiss said:

Best response I've yet to see about people that self declare they're leaving.

But they aren't.

Making it more of a "Look at me all offended and pushed out so I'm leaving before that happens".

Yet they don't.

That’s not what I said nor what I did, so I seriously think you're just projecting, especially after expressing how you’re so sick of being attacked and don’t know why you waste your time here - and then you ask if the mods can delete your account.

8 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping.  I bought some candy for the kids next door; a young couple with 4 kids who are very well-mannered.  I think that the couple are rather religious.  I knocked on their door to deliver the candy & saw about 15 people milling around inside.  I think that they were probably having some kind of Easter service at home.  And, no one was wearing any masks.

Were you wearing your mask? 

Doesn't it seem a bit peculiar to buy candy just to give it away in the middle of a pandemic to some family that you apparently don't even know that well?  I mean, I don't know if I'd want some nosy neighbor in a mask coming over for something so unnecessary and then posting shit about us online.

Just curious, are you in an HOA?

31 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Doesn't it seem a bit peculiar to buy candy just to give it away in the middle of a pandemic to some family that you apparently don't even know that well?  I mean, I don't know if I'd want some nosy neighbor in a mask coming over for something so unnecessary and then posting shit about us online.

We dropped some growlers off to a neighbor who was staying inside as well.

Something tells me you don't have to worry about neighbors stopping by, so that might not really apply to you.

8 hours ago, billvon said:

We dropped some growlers off to a neighbor who was staying inside as well.

Something tells me you don't have to worry about neighbors stopping by, so that might not really apply to you.

My next door neighbor owns multiple bars, he's been feeding me kegs for free as they will be worthless and he can't sell them.

I have filled some growlers for neighbors, mowed yards, and given some food when I cook large amounts.

Another neighbor works for a beer distributor. He's helping donate too.

We're a good tight neighborhood looking out for each other these days.

The driveway gatherings maintaining distance are pretty funny. WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING???

I hope others are doing their best to safely care for families, friends, and neighbors.

12 hours ago, Coreece said:

Hi Coreece,

Did I strike a nerve?

Jerry Baumchen

4 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:
12 hours ago, Coreece said:

Hi Coreece,

Did I strike a nerve?

No.   I hinted at it already - I'm genuinely curious to know if you were really being a good neighbor, or just a nosy one like those you hear about in HOAs. 

Is giving candy to these people normal behavior for you?  Or did you just see a bunch of cars outside and decide to buy a bag of candy to see what was going on?

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

No.   I hinted at it already - I'm genuinely curious to know if you were really being a good neighbor, or just a nosy one like those you hear about in HOAs. 

Is giving candy to these people normal behavior for you?  Or did you just see a bunch of cars outside and decide to buy a bag of candy to see what was going on?

Hi Coreece,

We ( them & I ) are very good neighbors.

I am not in a HOA.

I buy candy for them whenever the thought hits me.

I did not see a bunch of cars ( anymore than normal ) parked outside of their house.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  He is currently doing some remodeling of his house; I have offered him the use my utility trailer to haul the debris away, which I have numerous times.

• Like 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:
4 minutes ago, Coreece said:

So where did all these people come from?  Were they other neighbors?  Did they bring candy too? ;)

Hi Coreece,

I did not ask; it was none of my business.

You didn't have to ask.  You said none of the people were wearing masks.  Were any of them your other neighbors?

Edited by Coreece

52 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Coreece,

We ( them & I ) are very good neighbors.

I am not in a HOA.

I buy candy for them whenever the thought hits me.

I did not see a bunch of cars ( anymore than normal ) parked outside of their house.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  He is currently doing some remodeling of his house; I have offered him the use my utility trailer to haul the debris away, which I have numerous times.

The kids in the neighborhood here are ALWAYS running around together, it's awesome. We have the only circular driveway in the hood, so they tend to make laps around it, as expected.

MR MARK!!!! Is known to offer freezer pops to the kids, they're disappointed in me not giving them out right now, but they do understand.

They also beg me to speed by them on the chopper and making that loud exhaust pop. Thankfully, their parents get a chuckle out of it too.

I look forward to our neighborhood getting back to normal, not looking soon though.

Hope you're doing well Jerry.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jakee said:

I think you're getting on everyone's nerves - as intended;)

He will always feel under attack whenever anything negative is said about any aspect of Christianity. It is just part of who he is. Find a different religious tradition to make fun of and he will not care in the least. Jerry implied that the neighbour's gathering had something to do with a group of Christians celebrating Easter. This sort of thing upsets coreece because he believes that his religion is under near constant unfair attack.

(edited)
1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

This sort of thing upsets coreece because he believes that his religion is under near constant unfair attack.

Oh absolutely. He is the poor oppressed majority, and no-one is so persecuted as he and his fellow members of the faith which dominates society and government.

Edited by jakee

14 minutes ago, jakee said:

Oh absolutely. He is the poor oppressed majority, and no-one is so persectued as he and his fellow members of the faith which dominates society and government.

It's like the War on Christmas.  Every year, with Christmas decorations on every corner, Christmas ads on TV, Christmas music playing on the radio and Christmas movies playing in the theaters, there is no doubt that the war on Christmas is suppressing any expression of Christmas.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

It's like the War on Christmas.  Every year, with Christmas decorations on every corner, Christmas ads on TV, Christmas music playing on the radio and Christmas movies playing in the theaters, there is no doubt that the war on Christmas is suppressing any expression of Christmas.

And what is the only federal holiday based on a religious event?