2 2
Phil1111

The Road to Coronavirus Hell Was Paved by Evangelicals

8 minutes ago, ryoder said:

But would it have surprised you if it was? ;P

Absolutely not. He's a despicable human being who'll say anything to stay relevant to his flock of morons. Still though, truth is truth.

8 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Gotta wonder how he can keep posting under different names.

I think it's pretty pathetic that he can think he's banned, then come back and post under a sock puppet.

As he noted, he's got an 'army' of them. Various numbers of "o", "e" (Both middle and end) and "c" to make them different enough to register, yet similar enough to shove it in the faces of the mods that it's him. 

At least John Rich got creative about it.

It is a total reflection of the type of Christian I grew up amongst and have therefore appear to have so much venom for. Total hypocrites who flout the rules, because God forgives, but judge harshly those not in the inner circle.

They will also usually be the ones who scream loudly about how athiests don’t have morals and ethics because there is no religious code to follow.

No thanks, I’ll pass on the pious bigotry and stick with the sincere heathens.

54 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

It is a total reflection of the type of Christian I grew up amongst and have therefore appear to have so much venom for. Total hypocrites who flout the rules, because God forgives, but judge harshly those not in the inner circle.

They will also usually be the ones who scream loudly about how athiests don’t have morals and ethics because there is no religious code to follow.

No thanks, I’ll pass on the pious bigotry and stick with the sincere heathens.

I proselytize Coreece because I think he can be saved. That's not just me just being an asshole. He's no doof but the crap he's been coerced (Coreeced?) into believing isn't entirely his fault. Unlike Ron, he see's the other argument. So, there is hope.

35 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Just watch the short video clip for some hilarity:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/05/kenneth-copeland-coronavirus-pastor-church/

Not really hilarity when you realise he has a shit ton of followers, and who could conceivably believe that thanks to his "blowing the breath of god" it's safe to go out and mingle. 

His net worth is estimated between 300-750 million, all based on the gullibility of idiots who buy into his prosperity doctrine.  Multiple private jets, mansions, etc.  He's definitely a grade "A" cunt, as is his wife.  I'm sure this has been linked before but always an excellent watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg&t=443s

27 minutes ago, tonyhays said:

Not really hilarity when you realise he has a shit ton of followers, and who could conceivably believe that thanks to his "blowing the breath of god" it's safe to go out and mingle. 

His net worth is estimated between 300-750 million, all based on the gullibility of idiots who buy into his prosperity doctrine.  Multiple private jets, mansions, etc.  He's definitely a grade "A" cunt, as is his wife.  I'm sure this has been linked before but always an excellent watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg&t=443s

So now imagine the malleable influenced by the sermons to send money and vote for trump. No limits for donation or use in any political campaign. Thats why these groups are so dangerous. In addition its not as if these examples are unprecedented or especially egregious. No actions by trump have been labeled as contrary to the preaching of their god.

Very very dangerous.

17 hours ago, ryoder said:

Just watch the short video clip for some hilarity:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/05/kenneth-copeland-coronavirus-pastor-church/

More laughs and frivolity.

"The coronavirus is divine punishment.. the virus was powerless against those who were not afraid of it. ..said the founder of the powerful Universal Church of the Kingdom of God (IURD), a worldwide network of evangelical churches. The multimillionaire also owns one of Brazil's most influential television channels...."Will the coronavirus kill people? Yes, but even more people will die if there is social disorder. Churches are essential for those desperate, fearful and depressed people who have been turned away from hospitals," there is nothing but business calculus behind criticism of the shutdown from evangelicals like Malafaia. "Malafaia's ties to Bolsonaro are like that of any other businessman. He is a religious entrepreneur looking to protect his interests like everyone else," he said."

16 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Israel Health Minister Who Termed Coronavirus ‘Divine Punishment Against Homosexuality ’ Tests Positive as Gay

https://nayadaur.tv/2020/04/israel-health-minister-who-termed-coronavirus-divine-punishment-gets-coronavirus/

I don't know if there is a medical test for "gay". But he did test positive for Coronavirus.

14 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I don't know if there is a medical test for "gay". But he did test positive for Coronavirus.

I took the liberty of modifying that headline based on the information provided by the Minister himself. :tongue:

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

I took the liberty of modifying that headline based on the information provided by the Minister himself. :tongue:

In this time of C-19 its amazing how often ideals are coming back to bite. Boris Johnson's comments that he doesn't "social distance" a prime example. Israel's liberals I'm sure are taking note and I'd wonder if Litzman's wife is a lesbian by his statement.

Fark.com:  "Local officials pleaded with a Tampa pastor to close his church, he scoffed at him. The local sheriff arrested him, he remained defiant. Then a higher power got involved and forced him to shut down. God? No, his insurance carrier."

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/04/05/more-of-this-please-insurance-company-cancels-policy-of-corona-defiant-church/

LOL!

22 minutes ago, kallend said:

You begin to understand perverse, mean spirited attributes within yourself. When you think that perhaps such stupidity will naturally control itself through the actions of the virus.

15 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Churchgoers ticketed $500 each after going to drive-in church service

https://myfox8.com/news/churchgoers-ticketed-500-each-after-going-to-drive-in-church-service/

Now this makes no sense to me; If they were staying in their own cars, (and listening via radio), then what is the problem???

Maybe the cops thought the whole resurrection thing was a scam?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Churchgoers ticketed $500 each after going to drive-in church service

https://myfox8.com/news/churchgoers-ticketed-500-each-after-going-to-drive-in-church-service/

Now this makes no sense to me; If they were staying in their own cars, (and listening via radio), then what is the problem???

I don't see a problem with it, but it depends on what Mississippi's rules are.

For example, in Wisconsin, I can go for a drive in my car. I am supposed to not have passengers that I'm not 'sheltering' with otherwise, but I can legally hop in my car and just go for a ride (I've done that too).

Other places don't allow that. I've heard that people are getting pulled over and ticketed in Ohio & Pennsylvania. No confirmation, but that's 'the word'. 

Personally, I'm a lot happier with 'drive in' services than the whole bunch together inside a big room. 

57 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I don't see a problem with it, but it depends on what Mississippi's rules are.

For example, in Wisconsin, I can go for a drive in my car. I am supposed to not have passengers that I'm not 'sheltering' with otherwise, but I can legally hop in my car and just go for a ride (I've done that too).

Other places don't allow that. I've heard that people are getting pulled over and ticketed in Ohio & Pennsylvania. No confirmation, but that's 'the word'. 

Personally, I'm a lot happier with 'drive in' services than the whole bunch together inside a big room. 

Constitution be damned . . . 

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Hi Joe,

Yuppers.  Yesterday, I went grocery shopping.  I bought some candy for the kids next door; a young couple with 4 kids who are very well-mannered.  I think that the couple are rather religious.  I knocked on their door to deliver the candy & saw about 15 people milling around inside.  I think that they were probably having some kind of Easter service at home.  And, no one was wearing any masks.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  And here in Oregon, you can go for a drive alone or with people without any problems.