2 2
Phil1111

The Road to Coronavirus Hell Was Paved by Evangelicals

Trump’s response to the pandemic has been haunted by the science denialism of his ultraconservative religious allies.

"Donald trump rose to power with the determined assistance of a movement that denies science, bashes government and prioritized loyalty over professional expertise. In the current crisis, we are all reaping what that movement has sown."

Tax deductible funds have sown the seeds in government of science denial. Allowed trump to ascend to a position where science, logic and good governance has been set aside. Replaced by the mob psychology of FOX sound bites, the blame game and decisive institutions of government.

On 3/28/2020 at 2:56 AM, Phil1111 said:

Trump’s response to the pandemic has been haunted by the science denialism of his ultraconservative religious allies.

"Donald trump rose to power with the determined assistance of a movement that denies science, bashes government and prioritized loyalty over professional expertise. In the current crisis, we are all reaping what that movement has sown."

Tax deductible funds have sown the seeds in government of science denial. Allowed trump to ascend to a position where science, logic and good governance has been set aside. Replaced by the mob psychology of FOX sound bites, the blame game and decisive institutions of government.

I’m slightly offended that you haven’t made it into Coreeces naughty list with a post like this!

Pastor arrested for holding church services

"A Florida pastor has been arrested after he allegedly held two large services on Sunday despite a safer at home order issued in the state.

Tampa-area pastor Rodney Howard-Browne "intentionally and repeatedly chose to disregard the order set in place by our president, our governor, the CDC, and the Hillsborough County Emergency Policy Group," Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister said at a news conference Monday....

Attorneys for the church told the sheriff's office that they refused to cancel services, according to Chronister.

The church could have opted for livestream services, but instead disobeyed the safer at home order and even provided bus transportation for parishioners, the sheriff said.

Howard-Browne told congregants Sunday, "I know they’re trying to beat me up about having the church operational, but we are not a nonessential service."

Just doing his best to send souls to heaven.

12 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Pastor arrested for holding church services

"A Florida pastor has been arrested after he allegedly held two large services on Sunday despite a safer at home order issued in the state.

It's the latest in the WAR ON CHRISTIANITY I tell you!  They wouldn't have arrested an atheist for holding church services!

5 hours ago, billvon said:

It's the latest in the WAR ON CHRISTIANITY I tell you!  They wouldn't have arrested an atheist for holding church services!

Should be easily defended as an Act of God.  Maybe they will throw a large gathering to celebrate.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Alternate idea: Let them show up, then enforce a quarantine perimeter around the event for a month.

That is a great idea! It'll be a pain to maintain, but it'll absolutely get the point across. Not so good for that infection thing, but, well... 

Wendy P.

Edited by wmw999

On 3/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, nigel99 said:

I’m slightly offended that you haven’t made it into Coreeces naughty list with a post like this!

Nah, it's phil - half of his posts are just copy paste trolls that nobody reads.  Besides, I don't think there's anyone here dumb enough to actually believe the OP title anyway. 

Nobody in this thread even bothered addressing the actual content of his post, lol.  I mean by the 2nd reply they're already talking about me and then go on lamenting about church gatherings.  Police have been getting bombarded with 1000s of calls for large gatherings and ordinance violations across the country, but hey let's single out the subset of christian morons.

(edited)

The National Interest is a conservative international affairs magazine. Who just did a major feature attacking Trump's Evangelical Allies   and the ignorance of science concerning C-19.

It seems as though body bags might be driving a wedge between trumps base and the religious right.

The author of the above article wrote the best selling book on how trumps base is systematically corrupting the US constitution. The First Amendment which ratified in 1791 states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

Edited by Phil1111

5 hours ago, Coreece said:

Nah, it's phil - half of his posts are just copy paste trolls that nobody reads.  Besides, I don't think there's anyone here dumb enough to actually believe the OP title anyway. 

Nobody in this thread even bothered addressing the actual content of his post, lol.  I mean by the 2nd reply they're already talking about me and then go on lamenting about church gatherings.  Police have been getting bombarded with 1000s of calls for large gatherings and ordinance violations across the country, but hey let's single out the subset of christian morons.

The title of the thread is evangelicals? 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/world/asia/pakistan-coronavirus-tablighi-jamaat.amp.html

But to be fair and balanced I did a quick google search. Here’s some muslims doing the same, but in Pakistan

5 hours ago, Coreece said:

The first line of his post was "Trump’s response to the pandemic has been haunted by the science denialism of his ultraconservative religious allies."  That's what everyone has been talking about.

If the topic upsets you, you can ignore it and read other threads.  You can even ignore specific posters if you like.  

(edited)
13 hours ago, Coreece said:

Police have been getting bombarded with 1000s of calls for large gatherings and ordinance violations across the country, but hey let's single out the subset of christian morons.

How many of those thousands of calls are about non-christian organisations holding events for a thousand people who they arranged to collect by bus from far and wide?

Because we can't talk about all the idiots out there let's single out the most egregious offenders. Looks like they're christians.

Edited by jakee

30 minutes ago, jakee said:

Because we can't talk about all the idiots out there let's single out the most egregious offenders. Looks like they're christians.

That and the fact that these "leaders" openly declare that the law does not apply to them because they are doing God's work. Tell me one other organized large gathering.

14 hours ago, Coreece said:

Police have been getting bombarded with 1000s of calls for large gatherings

Name one that even remotely compares to a mega church full of people gathered together to give money to these leeches.

15 hours ago, gowlerk said:

That and the fact that these "leaders" openly declare that the law does not apply to them because they are doing God's work. Tell me one other organized large gathering.

Name one that even remotely compares to a mega church full of people gathered together to give money to these leeches.

you could hear a pin drop for the silence

(edited)
On 4/1/2020 at 11:08 PM, billvon said:
On 4/1/2020 at 5:38 PM, Coreece said:

Nobody in this thread even bothered addressing the actual content of his post, lol.  I mean by the 2nd reply they're already talking about me and then go on lamenting about church gatherings.

The first line of his post was "Trump’s response to the pandemic has been haunted by the science denialism of his ultraconservative religious allies."  That's what everyone has been talking about.

How do you figure?  The first reply by gowlerk is some kind of joke about Christians dying -  and normiss liked it. (go figure)

The second reply is Nigel raggin' on about how I treat Phil nicer than him. (and by raggin' I don't mean raging,  I mean raggin' - like it's his time of the month.)

The third reply is about how Phil felt bad for calling me names - and then nigel wonders why I treat him better, lol.

You were raggin' on some strawman, but the funny thing there is that atheists actually do go to church -  then they say that christians are the ones that need a crutch. . .

The rest are people here are just going on about 2 pastors in all of Christendom that were arrested for holding services for .0000005% of the christian population.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:08 PM, billvon said:

If the topic upsets you, you can ignore it and read other threads

Ya, because if someone said that the road to increased STD hell is being paved by homosexuals, or that the road to inner city violence is being paved by blacks, or that the road to hell should be paved by Jews, queers and mexicans, you'd just ignore it right?  No bigotry there, eh?

On 4/2/2020 at 7:50 AM, gowlerk said:

It's hard to say.  These church people are so desperate during this time that they obviously feel church is necessary and essential to their life.

Not sure I can say the same to those crowding Socal beaches and the bars, nor about those celebrating b-day parties and funerals - but apparently y'all is ok with all that as long as they don't specifically identify as evangelical/christian.

. . . and the fact that that church spent $100k on a hospital grade air purification system, and separated people into 7 different areas on their campus, and didn't even take a money collection works against your whole hateful "leech" theory.

21 hours ago, nigel99 said:

you could hear a pin drop for the silence

Ya, it's a quiet time.  How about you take that time  and spend it with your father?   I know he's sick, but my heart says that he needs to be with you, and your family has delivered him to you. 

For the last 1- 2 years or so, you've been lamenting on Christianity and your childhood.  You've expressed disdain for your father, but now he's here.  Take some time and make that right.  He loves you.  Don't regret it.  Just work it out, what ever you have to do, ok bud?

19 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

At least we're in general agreement.

No Joe, we're not in agreement.  I mean, I like your posting style, and we could really make a good team, but you're a bitch - and ain't working with no bitches.

Edited by Coreece