1 1
JerryBaumchen

How low can you go

(edited)
24 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Low

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Equally as low. With everything as it is this thread could grow to be long and la race to the bottom.

The lack of any value for American lives deserves the light of day. After Considering $1 Billion Price Tag for Ventilators, White House Has Second Thoughts

"The White House had been preparing to reveal on Wednesday a joint venture between General Motors and Ventec Life Systems that would allow for the production of as many as 80,000 desperately needed ventilators to respond to an escalating pandemic when word suddenly came down that the announcement was off.

The decision to cancel the announcement, government officials say, came after the Federal Emergency Management Agency said it needed more time to assess whether the estimated cost was prohibitive. That price tag was more than $1 billion, with several hundred million dollars to be paid upfront to General Motors to retool a car parts plant in Kokomo, Ind., where the ventilators would be made with Ventec’s technology."

10 days use to save a life, three saves per month, 12 months use is 2.88 million American lives saved. Not worth $1 billion for trump.

Edited by Phil1111

18 minutes ago, ryoder said:

$500B slush fund for Trump to deliver to corporations he likes: Good.

1/500 of that amount for ventilators to save lives: Bad.

Well Trump called in to Hannity to say that he just doesn't believe that these ventilators are needed. On top of that he thinks buying them is maybe a bit too complicated.

8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Well Trump called in to Hannity to say that he just doesn't believe that these ventilators are needed. On top of that he thinks buying them is maybe a bit too complicated.

Yet another reason to launch another impeachment.

14 hours ago, ryoder said:

Yet another reason to launch another impeachment.

too long and too many lives lost, and look how effective the last one was.  he didn't even wait til it was over to do it again.  time to 25th the son of a bitch.  hell, at this point, i would welcome a military coup.  what do we have to do to get him the hell out?

14 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

too long and too many lives lost, and look how effective the last one was.  he didn't even wait til it was over to do it again.  time to 25th the son of a bitch.  hell, at this point, i would welcome a military coup.  what do we have to do to get him the hell out?

Put forth an opponent that can get more electoral votes than he can.

I don't think that a military coup would be the least treasonist way to proceed though.

Not even counting how many lives would be lost.

6 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Put forth an opponent that can get more electoral votes than he can.

I don't think that a military coup would be the least treasonist way to proceed though.

Not even counting how many lives would be lost.

pfff, 20,000 have died of the flu and nobody cares. So just stay under 20,000.

1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

The legislative branch has failed to impeach.

The executive branch has failed to invoke the 25th amendment.

So I must agree with you on the remaining option.

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

pfff, 20,000 have died of the flu and nobody cares. So just stay under 20,000.

Come to think of it, 9/11 only killed about 3,000 Americans. The USA has spent several trillions of dollars and set in motion events that have probably killed millions. All in the name of taking revenge upon the Muslim world for daring to want to choose their own leaders without foreign interference. Life is cheap.

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

The legislative branch has failed to impeach.

The executive branch has failed to invoke the 25th amendment.

So I must agree with you on the remaining option.

Ummmm....maybe you've forgotten the option that still most likely will happen in November? You know, that election thingy.....

55 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Ummmm....maybe you've forgotten the option that still most likely will happen in November? You know, that election thingy.....

how many millions will die needlessly if we wait?  maybe not millions, but how many thousands?  for one man's ego?  i think not!

53 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Long after the time for rational action has passed, and do you really think Mango Mussolini won't try to subvert it?

1 minute ago, ryoder said:

Long after the time for rational action has passed, and do you really think Mango Mussolini won't try to subvert it?

2 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

how many millions will die needlessly if we wait?  maybe not millions, but how many thousands?  for one man's ego?  i think not!

Keep your eye on the ball. There is no chance that he will be overthrown. There is a chance that he will be re-elected. Politics is the art of the possible. Some songwriter in the sixties said something like:

But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be
All right, all right, all right

4 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

how many thousands?  for one man's ego?  

Hi 13,

'President Donald Trump’s all-out push to advance unproven coronavirus treatments'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/27/trump-malaria-coronavirus-152498

Somebody needs to just slap him upside of his head.

Jerry Baumchen

5 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi 13,

'President Donald Trump’s all-out push to advance unproven coronavirus treatments'

Jerry Baumchen

As if I needed yet another reason to hate Larry Ellison.

4 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi 13,

Jerry Baumchen

Trump and his administration is going to turn this event into the worst it can be in the USA. There will be third world countries hit harder, but the most advanced country in the world, where the most advanced tech comes from, with all the advantages of wealth and resources is going to allow it's clown car of a government to fumble the ball and turn it over. Ain't democracy grand?