1 1
airdvr

Here in Ohio people are not sheltering in place

(edited)
4 minutes ago, airdvr said:

This strategy won't work.

It will, eventually.  Right now, only a bit over 1000 people in the US have died.  A week from now, it will be 1000 per day if they keep doing what they are doing.  Two weeks from now, it would be 7000 per day.  By then, it should be obvious that everything will not be getting back toward normal by Easter.

Edited by headoverheels

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

This strategy won't work.

Down here in South Africa we are going into full lock down at midnight tonight. Only essential services allowed out. One will not even be allowed to walk the dog.

This is under pain of jail time and will be enforced by both police and Defence force.

11 hours ago, airdvr said:

Went to get gas yesterday.  Traffic is down but nowhere near what I would have expected.  The parking lot at Wally World was full.  This strategy won't work.

Does that particular Wally World include a grocery?

Colorado went into full stay-at-home mode yesterday, but groceries are exempt.

1 minute ago, ryoder said:

Does that particular Wally World include a grocery?

Colorado went into full stay-at-home mode yesterday, but groceries are exempt.

It does.  Still seems like there was more activity than I expected but after having spent the last week in my windowless office I guess it was to be expected.

Here in NorCal, we're in our 2nd week of shelter in place.  We are allowed to go out for essentials and to exercise, but must socially distance.  Last weekend, the local parks were fuller than a holiday because people weren't abiding by the rules. In response, the  parks district is now closing most of them

1 hour ago, lummy said:

Here in NorCal, we're in our 2nd week of shelter in place.  We are allowed to go out for essentials and to exercise, but must socially distance.  Last weekend, the local parks were fuller than a holiday because people weren't abiding by the rules. In response, the  parks district is now closing most of them

Hi lummy,

That's pretty much what it is here in Oregon.  Our gov. is calling it Stay in Place.  

And the same thing happened with our parks; now closed.

Jerry Baumchen