1 1
Phil1111

trump to Ease Restrictions and FOX News Agrees

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Which would you rather have making life or death decisions for you and your loved ones?

Doctors, even ones you do not know, but a chance that it will be your PCP? . . . .or someone from the Trump administration?

Like I told Wendy . . . Can You Just imagine ? ? ? - Say this out loud - I am SO HAPPY that the Trump Administration is in charge of our healthcare!!

You do know that private insurance also exists in Italy right?

5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

This is what I was responding to:

image.png.3f6f45d489453a51fc4b9c000a017e9e.png

My response was to "Tell that to Italy" - They are on social medicine.

Again, that's not a death panel, it's a triage decision. They happen and are necessary in any mass casualty event.

The irony is that is now the exact situation we will have.  It would be orders of magnitude worse if the government was running it.

Why?

1 minute ago, aonsquared said:

You do know that private insurance also exists in Italy right?

Of course I do.

What percentage of the populace paid for private insurance?  I cannot find the data.

I do know that not all places cover private insurance and in small towns it is all but unheard of.

15 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Of course I do.

What percentage of the populace paid for private insurance?  I cannot find the data.

I do know that not all places cover private insurance and in small towns it is all but unheard of.

I did not realise you were making this about private vs nationalised healthcare.

In any case, how will doctors choose in the US when they run out of hospital beds and ventilators? Who's covered and who's not? Is that "orders of magnitude better"?

12 minutes ago, jakee said:

Yikes. I mean, a lot of them look to be in the 'at risk' category but that's still a bit harsh.

Trump plan calls for classifying coronavirus risk county by county

trump believes the virus respects county borders.

"Counties would be divided into three low, medium and high “risk” levels, the president wrote. These categories will be accompanied by “new guidelines for state and local policymakers to use in making decisions” about whether to maintain, decrease, or increase their social distancing guidelines. 

The president has made no secret of his desire to see U.S. businesses reopen, even as the virus is infecting thousands of people every day across the country. Trump has set upon the date of Easter, April 12, as the one by which he hopes to see large parts of the country “roaring” back into business."

China has closed its border to Americans

A Chinese official has accused the US of incompetence in its handling of the virus.

“The US is the most developed country in the world, with leading medical technologies and top-class healthcare professionals,” the Chinese newspaper Global Times said in an editorial Thursday.

“But it has missed the best timing to contain COVID-19 due to the Trump administration’s slow move, driven by political reasons.”

“The US government has made three mistakes,” Xijin wrote. “1, Slow response, which led to the US likely becoming the new epicenter. 2, Not assuming responsibility as a superpower; giving no substantial aid to allies such as Italy and Spain. 3, Undermining global security.”

7 hours ago, billvon said:

We can do that.  Decide what a human life is worth and the calculation becomes easy.

You make it too complicated. Human lives will vary in value depending on their usefulness, usually in the short term, but for exceptional situations we look to the long term. For example, I wouldn't trade you for a half rack of Mikhail Espresso Russian Imperial Stout but I might trade Turtle for a sixer of Regal Select. 

On the other hand there is, apparently, a materials cost analysis we can look too. That's about $585 USD or something. Too bad we don't have pure Rhodium feet, I guess.

Material Cost per Human.png

(edited)
1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Well at least the whole world thinks so.   So trump's base, about 28% of Americans, and turtle. Disagree with over 5.5 billion other people.

Huh - Who would have though that all those people have access to computers, and internet.

I think you are either assuming something way off, or just being dishonest.

Edited by turtlespeed

5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Huh - Who would have though that all those people have access to computers, and internet.

I think you are either assuming something way off, or just being dishonest.

Believe it or not, not everyone in the remotest corners of the world. Gets their news off the internet. National news services in S. America, Africa, Asia, etc. All cover how trump lies.The false promises, the exaggerations, the scams, all part of how they define him and the US.

Dishonesty, no that would be the purview of trump and his apologists.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, normiss said:

Blaming a SC poster for a Pew Research data post.

WTAF. Oh, Turtle, that's what the AF.

Never mind.

Deflection by making false counter accusations.

Standard trump technique.Discursive Deflection: Accusation of "Fake News" and the Spread of Mis- and Dis-information in the Tweets of President Trump

Studied by many social-psychologists.