skybytch

My brother is dying... Alone...

My brother was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery to break up blood clots in his lungs. That was Thursday. Today is Monday. His wife, daughter and our parents have not been allowed into the hospital to see him. I'm 400 miles away and not supposed to travel so I can't be down there to support and grieve with my family, much less see my brother before he dies.

He's getting progressively worse. I'm expecting a call from my parents today telling me I no longer have a brother.

I am so fucking angry. I have accepted that he will die in the next few years; his health has declined to the point that we all expected something like this was going to happen in the near future. None of us expected to not be able to be with him when it does.

There are ZERO cases of the virus in that hospital. They could very easily triage visitors the same way they are employees. But they won't.

Because they are fucking heartless.

My brother is going to die alone in a fucking hospital because they won't let his family in to be by his side.

But I can stop by Starbucks and get my fucking latte and then hit Mickey D's for a fucking value meal and then have a fucking pizza delivered.

This close to saying fuck everyone, I'm driving my ass down there and you WILL be letting my brothers wife and daughter in to see him or I WILL go completely ape shit right there in the parking lot. Yeah, I'll end up in jail but the whole fucking world will know about it, cuz YouTube. (note-I won't be doing it, but damn it feels good to type it).

Thanks for reading this. I hope your day is going much better than mine.

1 hour ago, skybytch said:

My brother was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery to break up blood clots in his lungs. That was Thursday. Today is Monday. His wife, daughter and our parents have not been allowed into the hospital to see him. I'm 400 miles away and not supposed to travel so I can't be down there to support and grieve with my family, much less see my brother before he dies.

He's getting progressively worse. I'm expecting a call from my parents today telling me I no longer have a brother.

I am so fucking angry. I have accepted that he will die in the next few years; his health has declined to the point that we all expected something like this was going to happen in the near future. None of us expected to not be able to be with him when it does.

There are ZERO cases of the virus in that hospital. They could very easily triage visitors the same way they are employees. But they won't.

Because they are fucking heartless.

My brother is going to die alone in a fucking hospital because they won't let his family in to be by his side.

But I can stop by Starbucks and get my fucking latte and then hit Mickey D's for a fucking value meal and then have a fucking pizza delivered.

This close to saying fuck everyone, I'm driving my ass down there and you WILL be letting my brothers wife and daughter in to see him or I WILL go completely ape shit right there in the parking lot. Yeah, I'll end up in jail but the whole fucking world will know about it, cuz YouTube. (note-I won't be doing it, but damn it feels good to type it).

Thanks for reading this. I hope your day is going much better than mine.

I don't know if I could resist that urge.:/

Facebook live

Thank you everyone. 

The phone call came. It wasn't the news I had feared.  He made it through the night.  Insisted on being released so he should be home today.  Not what I want him to do, I think he's too fragile to go home to no medical assistance, but I'm not the one living it and he will be with his wife and daughter.  Hoping to talk/text with him later today.

I'm probably too happy that we are a bit overstocked with booze at the moment.  

• Like 1

Glad the situation settled down, Lisa. How stressful it must have been. My sister is a RN at a VA hospital and our mum is quite fragile so we live from day to day but are experiencing nothing like you have just dealt with. Best to you.

THIS PANDEMIC is real. THIS should be a wake up for anyone not taking this very real crisis as serious as it is.  I'm SO glad the brother is going home. 

KEY WORD: HOME. It's where you should be... It's going to come down to peer pressure and a stronger police presence.  

Hi Sky!!!!,

Just wonderin' here it is a few weeks later and ......  how'd things go???  

'Have a "skyfriend" whose MOM is not expected to survive this fiasco corona bug... we are standing by... 

Just know that you and yours are in my prayers......

And Thank You Jesus for lettin' someone back when discover "WHISKEY!!!!!"

I hold my glass high and Toast!!

"BLUE SKIES!!!"

all we can ask the Eternal for....

skybill

He's doing good so far, thank you for asking!  

He's doing what the doctors told him to do, which is strange because neither of us has ever been good at doing what we are told to do.

Still bummed that I don't get to go see him, but even if there wasn't a travel ban I wouldn't dare risk having it and unknowingly pass it along to him.