1 1
airdvr

China 'willfully inflicted coronavirus upon the world'

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, kallend said:

It seems you promptly forgot what you learned.

 

US Auto deaths are not doubling every 3 days.  COVID-19 deaths are.

Totally bogus equivalence.

True.  But there are sooo many other factors.  Age and health, healthcare system availability and treatment.  I'm all for doing what we're doing right now but I wonder how truly effective it will be in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Do you walk around with me in your brain?

So you still can't actually admit to being biased. No surprise there.

 

It's pretty clear that you walk around with several posters here in your brain. By your criteria your posts towards several people on this forum are driven by deep seated hatred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 11:14 PM, kallend said:

The President of the United States of America has access to the best intelligence available to anyone.  Better than just about anyone else in the world.  He was briefed on the risks late last year and again in January.

He CHOSE to misrepresent the risks and wasted valuable time.

 

But was he shown pictures? Pointless if it was words...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, airdvr said:

True.  But there are sooo many other factors.  Age and health, healthcare system availability and treatment.  I'm all for doing what we're doing right now but I wonder how truly effective it will be in the long run.

Yes, it IS true, and nice that you admit that bringing up road fatalities was nonsense and just a distraction.

.
You should listen to your wife instead of Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kallend said:

Yes, it IS true, and nice that you admit that bringing up road fatalities was nonsense and just a distraction.

.
You should listen to your wife instead of Trump.

Not a distraction.  Just adding some perspective.  And I do listen to my wife more than Trump. :mask:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FLASHBACK Jan. 14: WHO Tells Everyone Don’t Worry Because China Says Coronavirus Isn’t Contagious

The World Health Organization (WHO) tried to calm fears of a pandemic on Jan. 14 by repeating China’s claim that coronavirus was not contagious among humans.

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the WHO tweeted.

Still think the WHO isn't complicit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, airdvr said:

FLASHBACK Jan. 14: WHO Tells Everyone Don’t Worry Because China Says Coronavirus Isn’t Contagious

The World Health Organization (WHO) tried to calm fears of a pandemic on Jan. 14 by repeating China’s claim that coronavirus was not contagious among humans.

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the WHO tweeted.

Still think the WHO isn't complicit?

I realize there are a lot of syllables, but you could look up "preliminary" in a dictionary,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
1 hour ago, airdvr said:

FLASHBACK Jan. 14: WHO Tells Everyone Don’t Worry Because China Says Coronavirus Isn’t Contagious

The World Health Organization (WHO) tried to calm fears of a pandemic on Jan. 14 by repeating China’s claim that coronavirus was not contagious among humans.

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the WHO tweeted.

Still think the WHO isn't complicit?

 

1 hour ago, kallend said:

I realize there are a lot of syllables, but you could look up "preliminary" in a dictionary,

China’s National Health Commission confirmed that the virus, which causes a type of pneumonia, can pass from person-to-person, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

Above from Jan. 20

A new coronavirus that has spread to more than 2,000 people is infectious in its incubation period - before symptoms show - making it harder to contain, Chinese officials say.        Above from Jan 26

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

What trump knew and when he knew it.

STILL THINK trump ISN'T COMPLICIT?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by Phil1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, airdvr said:

Still think the WHO isn't complicit?

Yes.

And if you get something malicious out of that paragraph you might simply:

A. be looking for something specific and not thinking too much.

B. Simply lack the intelligence to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Yes.

And if you get something malicious out of that paragraph you might simply:

A. be looking for something specific and not thinking too much.

B. Simply lack the intelligence to understand.

It seems that the view here is so polar, that if, on one side . . . if the WHO was wrong - they meant to destroy humanity . . . While if POTUS was wrong, it was a devine gesture from God.

While on the other side - If the WHO was wrong, it was a minor oops, but Trump is wrong, and he wants the world to burn in HELL!!!!

Don't y'all think its time to be less polarized?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

While on the other side - If the WHO was wrong, it was a minor oops,

The WHO doesn't even appear to be wrong. These things evolve over time.

Like all the experts were saying that the virus wasn't transmissible to cats and dogs. Belgium now has the first case of a cat infected.

Does that mean that everybody was lying up until now, or does it mean things have potentially evolved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
14 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Like all the experts were saying that the virus wasn't transmissible to cats and dogs. Belgium now has the first case of a cat infected.

So that picture of a cat with a mask was valid then? :p

That said, information develops. It's not a "this means that" on a simple basis, any more than a hurricane's path is known ahead of time. We can predict, and we're getting better at it, but they can still surprise us. That doesn't make it a plot of the weather bureau.

Wendy P.

image015.jpg

Edited by wmw999
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

The WHO doesn't even appear to be wrong. These things evolve over time.

Like all the experts were saying that the virus wasn't transmissible to cats and dogs. Belgium now has the first case of a cat infected.

Does that mean that everybody was lying up until now, or does it mean things have potentially evolved?

I think you and I agree on this.

No one knew 100% - there was some info - some of it was overlooked in favor of hopes and wishes.  Now, most of the world is taking it seriously.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

While on the other side - If the WHO was wrong, it was a minor oops, but Trump is wrong, and he wants the world to burn in HELL!!!!

That's a gross mischaracterisation stemming from your biased view of the conversation.

 

I haven't seen any debate over whether the incorrect information from the WHO was of major or minor importance, but over whether or not it was intentional. Airdvr is saying the the WHO was complicit in a Chinese cover up over Coronavirus, when in reality it seems they were simply sharing the best information available at the time, and corrected it as soon as they learned it was incorrect. (This is another thing you should be jumping all over him for if you were at all consistent in how you post to people from either side of centre, by the way.) Trump, on the other hand, is being criticized for spreading misinformation and making false promises at times when the correct information is already widely available. 

 

That fundamental difference is plain to see to anyone whose bias doesn't demand them to be blind to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jakee said:

That's a gross mischaracterisation stemming from your biased view of the conversation.

 

I haven't seen any debate over whether the incorrect information from the WHO was of major or minor importance, but over whether or not it was intentional. Airdvr is saying the the WHO was complicit in a Chinese cover up over Coronavirus, when in reality it seems they were simply sharing the best information available at the time, and corrected it as soon as they learned it was incorrect. (This is another thing you should be jumping all over him for if you were at all consistent in how you post to people from either side of centre, by the way.) Trump, on the other hand, is being criticized for spreading misinformation and making false promises at times when the correct information is already widely available. 

 

That fundamental difference is plain to see to anyone whose bias doesn't demand them to be blind to it.

Jumping all over?:rofl:

I responded to the conversation - this included airdvr.  I was speaking to both the person that started the comment about the complicity, and the one that responded to it. 

That is why I offered the polarized examples, exaggerated as they were, to help flesh-out my point, and not just Justin's view.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jakee said:

when in reality it seems they were simply sharing the best information available at the time, and corrected it as soon as they learned it was incorrect.

Hi jakee,

' . . . and corrected it as soon as they learned it was incorrect . . . '

And that is something turtle will never get out of his guy Trump.  NEVER.

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi jakee,

' . . . and corrected it as soon as they learned it was incorrect . . . '

And that is something turtle will never get out of his guy Trump.  NEVER.

Jerry Baumchen

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Jumping all over?:rofl:

Yep, like you do when you think someone has done anything remotely like that the other way around.

Quote

That is why I offered the polarized examples, exaggerated as they were, to help flesh-out my point, and not just Justin's view.

You had to exaggerate the polarisation in order to be able to argue there should be less polarisation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

1 1