1 1
airdvr

China 'willfully inflicted coronavirus upon the world'

8 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Considering China was still lying about it to the world at the end of January I'll give you March.  And even then he was trying to calm a public he and others knew would lose their shit, just as they are today.

Your intelligence agencies didn't know China was lying? Maybe they should start doing their jobs then.

My guess is that the pictures drawn for Trump in his briefings weren't clear enough. Maybe they used the wrong sharpies? Maybe the American public should vote for a president who can read?

2 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Bullshit.

He was trying to pretend it wasn't serious so his stock portfolio wouldn't tank.
And, of course, after it became apparent that it was serious, he claimed he 'knew it was a pandemic before anyone else'. 
He wasn't trying to calm the public, he was thinking only of himself and his image. As always.

If he was 'trying to calm the public' (or even thinking of anyone but himself) why didn't he take the question asked 'what would you say to a scared public?' (paraphrased).
He didn't say something vanilla and calming, like Pence did later. He called the person who asked the question "Nasty". 

If he had said how serious it was and how serious it needed to be taken from the beginning, we could have done similar to South Korea (not as much testing, we didn't have the tests). 

And if we had taken it seriously to begin with, it probably wouldn't be as bad as it it. 

Again, I fail to see how anyone can continue to support or defend this buffon.

Well he has conceded March, LOL, wait a week for a walkback on that admission. Currently in China a province has to have 14 days without a single new case to have the lockdown or travel restrictions lifted.

trump and the republicans have provided no such guidance. If they have their way Easter will begin a new killing season for the virus. Did I say virus, I meant republican party.

6 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Your intelligence agencies didn't know China was lying? Maybe they should start doing their jobs then.

My guess is that the pictures drawn for Trump in his briefings weren't clear enough. Maybe they used the wrong sharpies? Maybe the American public should vote for a president who can read?

Or a president who can be bothered to attend intelligence briefings.

25 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Considering China was still lying about it to the world at the end of January I'll give you March.  And even then he was trying to calm a public he and others knew would lose their shit, just as they are today.

Bullshit. You already tried this argument, and you already subsequently admitted there was no drastically damaging panic when the public found out there was a real threat and people were dying. 

Even if you take the extremely slender possibility that he was genuinely trying to help when he was lying to the public (a thing which seems rather unlikely given that he has subsequently even lied about lying) it turns out it was a pointless, counterproductive and incompetent thing to do and he'd have been better off telling the truth like a normal person.

19 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

trump and the republicans have provided no such guidance. If they have their way Easter will begin a new killing season for the virus. Did I say virus, I meant republican party.

Killing season?  Seriously?  To date 816 people have dies from Covid-19  102 people die per day in auto accidents.   Try not to be so overly dramatic.

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

Bullshit. You already tried this argument, and you already subsequently admitted there was no drastically damaging panic when the public found out there was a real threat and people were dying. 

Even if you take the extremely slender possibility that he was genuinely trying to help when he was lying to the public (a thing which seems rather unlikely given that he has subsequently even lied about lying) it turns out it was a pointless, counterproductive and incompetent thing to do and he'd have been better off telling the truth like a normal person.

Or - 

It worked . . . and the statements given before mollified the populace that would have otherwise panicked even worse.

Small chance, but still there.

17 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Or - 

It worked . . . and the statements given before mollified the populace that would have otherwise panicked even worse.

Small chance, but still there.

Right - because when people are assured that everything is absolutely fine, in fact not just fine but rapidly getting even better and soon to be perfect... and then they find out it's actually all going to shit, that usually really helps. Yeah, ok. Come on dude, be serious.

I wonder, why aren't you giving Airdvr shit about his bias for pretending he knows exactly what was in Trump's head when he was lying? Seems like something you would do if you were being honest about how and why you post.

25 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Killing season?  Seriously?  To date 816 people have dies from Covid-19  102 people die per day in auto accidents.   Try not to be so overly dramatic.

Seriously. In Italy 750 people died yesterday, how does that compare to auto accidents? If the country does open up again before easter without any exceptionally drastic measures beforehand then it would be killing season.

But please, tell us again how you understand more than others how serious this thing could be.

41 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Have you ever taken a math course in which they taught what the slope of a graph means?

10 minutes ago, jakee said:

Seriously. In Italy 750 people died yesterday, how does that compare to auto accidents? If the country does open up again before easter without any exceptionally drastic measures beforehand then it would be killing season.

But please, tell us again how you understand more than others how serious this thing could be.

I'm not talking about Italy.  I don't know what they're doing to have so many cases amongst their populace.  I'm talking about the US.  I have no problem with the measures we are currently taking here in Ohio, but it doesn't seem that all of the other states are taking the same measures.  Unless you have everyone sheltering in place this strategy won't be as effective as it could be.

I don't claim to know any more than anyone else.  I'm trying to understand how this game plan is going to work.

29 minutes ago, jakee said:

What is the reduction in traffic right now?

It seems like you are refusing to include all the variables.

I bet there is an exponential increase in home based injuries right now as well.

Have you included the effect that alcohol has on the hosts immune system, since there is (maybe) a large increase in alcohol intake?

But please, tell us again how you understand more than others how serious this thing ACTUALLY is, as opposed to how you feel it is.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

210 new deaths in the US yesterday. That would be twice the number of car accident deaths per day.

Rate is expected to increase in the coming days.

Lists all the sources too. But site is made by first generation Chinese immigrants, so maybe they are lying....

(edited)
52 minutes ago, jakee said:

I wonder, why aren't you giving Airdvr shit about his bias for pretending he knows exactly what was in Trump's head when he was lying? 

I have been questioning his responses - but he takes my inquiries as I mean them, as questions, and not an attack.  He then thinks about it, and responds in a cordial manner.

Edited by turtlespeed

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

What is the reduction in traffic right now?

It seems like you are refusing to include all the variables.

I bet there is an exponential increase in home based injuries right now as well.

Have you included the effect that alcohol has on the hosts immune system, since there is (maybe) a large increase in alcohol intake?

I have no idea what point you are attemting to make right now with all that irrelevant nonsense.

But please, tell us again how you understand more than others how serious this thing ACTUALLY is, as opposed to how you feel it is.

I didn't say I did. Airdvr though, after weeks of calling it fuss about nothing, did have a dig at someone else not understandng how serious this would be, right before he went back to downplaying it again.

Once again, this all seems like a lot of disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing regardless of what is actually being said. Could you just once put your hatred aside and behave like a normal person?

Wow - you are as condescending as anyone here now.  Congrats on the promotion. 

I used to think better.

But he's right. It's been pointed out numerous times in the last day or so to Airdvr that the US is currently on the same slope as Italy just a couple of weeks behind. If he still thinks there's fundamentally less to worry about in the US just because not as many people are dying there yet, then what else is there to say to him?

I have been questioning his responses - but he takes my inquiries as I mean them, as questions, and not an attack.  He then thinks about it, and responds in a cordial manner.

Not this one you haven't. Where have you questioned how he could know what's in Trump's head and told him it's an example of his bias? The differences in your responses are again an example of your bias.

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

Not this one you haven't. Where have you questioned how he could know what's in Trump's head and told him it's an example of his bias? The differences in your responses are again an example of your admitted bias.

You should add "Admitted" to your statement - fixed it for ya.

Can you say the same?

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You should add "Admitted" to your statement - fixed it for ya.

No, you just lied again. You denied there was any bias in this specific thing I'm talking about even though there clearly is. Again, there's little point in admitting you have some overall bias if you never honestly examine in real time whether it is affecting your thinking.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

No, you just lied again. You denied there was any bias in this specific thing I'm talking about even though there clearly is. Again, there's little point in admitting you have some overall bias if you never honestly examine in real time whether it is affecting your thinking.

Do you walk around with me in your brain?