1 1
airdvr

China 'willfully inflicted coronavirus upon the world'

tl:dw

But almost any response looks bad in retrospect, because you always know what you should have done. The issue lies in recognizing it up front, and doing the hard things that you aren't even sure are necessary in the beginning. The earliest reports I saw characterized this as a new form of pneumonia, which wouldn't necessarily cause a country to go on lockdown immediately. We weren't willing to do it knowing it was a highly contagious virus -- why would they be willing to do so not knowing it?

Wendy P.

Stolen from another forum:

The geographic origin of the virus is the among least important pieces of information about it at the moment. That information does not help treat the disease caused by the virus, it does not help develop a vaccine, it does not help reduce transmission rates, it does not help pay rent, it does not help pay grocery bills, it does not help maintain essential services, it does not help maintain order and it does not help keep people from getting cabin fever. So, no, knowing it's country of origin is not something you "need to know".

The thread title should be

'trump willfully inflicted coronavirus upon America'

trump lashes out at networks, newspapers: All I see is 'hatred of me'

trump praised China after coronavirus was announced " Trump spoke to CNBC about the virus on Wednesday as fears grow around the world that it could become impossible to contain. “We have it totally under control,” Trump said from the World Economic Forum in Switzerland. Asked about the confirmed case in Washington state, Trump responded: “It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

Intelligence reports warned about a pandemic in January. Trump reportedly ignored them.

In addition to the poorly educated, Trump has a band of followers who KNOW he's an inept, lying con-man but have supported him anyway because they believe he has benefited them.  Some of them even post here (we know who you are).

However, you can't lie your way out of a pandemic and a stock market crash.

Trump's misrepresentation of the risks (even though he'd been briefed on them) is costing lives and damaging the economy.

I think it's actually more blame-shaming (it's not our fault, because it's their fault). They just need a label to identify "they," and the ethnic one was convenient. It's done in every war, real or virtual. Unfortunate, but some folks need/like to be all stirred up. Kind of like British soccer fans.

Wendy P.

7 minutes ago, kallend said:

In addition to the poorly educated, Trump has a band of followers who KNOW he's an inept, lying con-man but have supported him anyway because they believe he has benefited them.  Some of them even post here (we know who you are).

Next thing you'll be asking us to meet you outside in the schoolyard to fight after school. Yes, we post here - just as those who have a different belief do also. All throughout your support of Hillary; I can't think of a time in which I escalated my hatred for her towards you personally.    "We know who you are" Sheesh  

15 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Next thing you'll be asking us to meet you outside in the schoolyard to fight after school. Yes, we post here - just as those who have a different belief do also. All throughout your support of Hillary; I can't think of a time in which I escalated my hatred for her towards you personally.    "We know who you are" Sheesh  

You don't count. You dance to your own music.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't know if he was lying.  He most certainly was not correct.

Lying implies intent, otherwise, it is called being mistaken.

it seems to me that he is mistaken pretty often, as I wouldn't dare call a president a liar.

5 minutes ago, piisfish said:

it seems to me that he is mistaken pretty often, as I wouldn't dare call a president a liar.

I - ABSOLUTELY - would call him a liar on several of his statements.

But not NEARLY as many as those haters here do.

Mistakes are all lies to them.  Misinformation and assumptions are all lies to them.  Embellishments are all lies to them.  

10 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Mistakes are all lies to them.  Misinformation and assumptions are all lies to them.  Embellishments are all lies to them.  

QED

1 hour ago, kallend said:

In addition to the poorly educated, Trump has a band of followers who KNOW he's an inept,divisive, lying con-man but have supported him anyway because they believe he has benefited them.  Some of them even post here (we know who you are).

Thats the nature of politics, democracy, for the right and the left. With the exception of a national and greater social interests. For which his band of followers could care less.

However, you can't lie your way out of a pandemic and a stock market crash.

But it sure looks as if he is going to try. After all its worked for over 27,000 days for him already. Lied his way out of 00's of lawsuits. Lied his way out of impeachment.

Trump's CALLOUSED DISREGARD of the risks (even though he'd been briefed on them) is costing lives and damaging the economy.

Fixed it for you.

18 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

trump's birth was a mistake.Excuse me, that was a mistake Drumpf's birth was a mistake.

48 minutes ago, piisfish said:

The President of the United States of America has access to the best intelligence available to anyone.  Better than just about anyone else in the world.  He was briefed on the risks late last year and again in January.

He CHOSE to misrepresent the risks and wasted valuable time.

5 hours ago, airdvr said:

You didn't watch it did you.  They knew it was bad and covered it up.  The WHO is complicit as well.

The WHO?  The organization that started the worldwide response is complicit in covering it up?

What's next?  I know - American Airlines is the mastermind behind the intentional spread of this all over the planet!  STRING EM UP!

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

I - ABSOLUTELY - would call him a liar

Throughout January and February, intelligence officials’ warnings became more and more urgent, according to the Postand by early February, much of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the CIA’s intelligence reports were dedicated to warnings about Covid-19.  But trump claims he doesn’t need daily intelligence briefings because he’s a ‘smart person’

All the while, Trump downplayed the virus publicly, telling the public the coronavirus “is very well under control in our country,” and suggesting warm weather would neutralize the threat the virus poses.

32 minutes ago, kallend said:

The President of the United States of America has access to the best intelligence available to anyone.  Better than just about anyone else in the world.  He was briefed on the risks late last year and again in January.

He CHOSE to misrepresent the risks and wasted valuable time.

Let's remember that the House Intelligence committee was also briefed on the same information.  I think we should already know that Trump is the wrong person for making decisions yet our other leaders do nothing and point at him when things go wrong.

(edited)
1 hour ago, piisfish said:

WaPo: President Trump made 16,241 false or misleading claims in his first three years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/01/20/president-trump-made-16241-false-or-misleading-claims-his-first-three-years/

I'm sure they were all just honest mistakes.

Edited by ryoder
  • Like 1