cosmicgypsy

Looking for manuals

(edited)

The Stylemaster and Starmaker manuals are one and the same. I was just now told this by long time poster Beatnik, who owns a Starmaker among his large collection of vintage gear.  (The manual that has been around a long time in pdf form is only labelled Stylemaster; I hadn't thought of opening that.)

Stylemaster.pdf

Edited by pchapman
  • Like 1

I have Deborah Blacman's complete set of manuals .I assume the Starmaker will be in there somewhere.    I can look for you.

Bird reserve container:  who would give a

fuck about Jerry Birds's piece of shit reserve container.  I had one in a junk pile and probably have thrown

it away. ( may still have it.  Not valued. )  Belongs in a garbage can. Huge Velcro closures 2 inches wide  if I remember. Hard to open unless pulled open perfectly.   Like some skydiver would want to be ripping Velcro etc in a particular sequence in an emergency.  A one- off idea that was ridiculous to begin  with.  If it is a static historical display then just stuff some foam rubber in it and call it an oddity.

48 minutes ago, dpreguy said:

I also looked up Stylemaster and Starmaker in Deborah Blackman;s manuals.  Same as the pc chapman post.  Note that neither is a pop top.

I was confused about that too. But there is a kind of Starmaker pop top. (Thanks dpre as without you noting the anomaly, I wouldn't have looked further.)

The manual we've seen above is for a Starmaker that is NOT a pop top.
But then I checked out these photos from Andrew Hilton, well known Brit vintage canopy guy:

Strong Pop Top Chest Reserve Container

Which has a data panel and a manual cover say stuff like "Starmaker Parachutes - The Pop Top Reserve - Strong Enterprises'.

So the Starmaker name was used on more than one type of container.

The Starmaker PopTop chest is exactly the same container as the Strong Seat, just without a harness attached.  Packs exactly the same way: line stows, canopy stack/routing, everything.  The packing instructions show a Strong 26' LoPo in both cases.

The same container was used as the reserve container on the original SST.

I have a hard copy of the Strong Pop Top chest container manual. It's not the best copy but more or less usable.  I can scan it and and email it if.someone.wants it. Somewhere Sonic should be publishing it for the Pop Tops he's selling for his BaseR container, but I couldn't find it quickly.