1 1
JoeWeber

Our race baiting President

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Right now I really don't give a bat's ass about that.  Fuck 'em.

Exactly. That is as exactly ass backwards an opinion as is humanly possible. It's not about China's reputation. It's about ours. You guy's have an almost preternatural ability to completely miss the point.

18 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Right now I really don't give a bat's ass about that.  Fuck 'em.

You don't give a 'bat's ass' that the President is a racist asshole?
That his base is also a bunch of racist assholes, who love this sort of shit?
That he's using this as a distraction to hide how miserably he's managed this situation?
That his race-baiting is likely at least partly at fault for the increase in attacks on Asians?

Or, is it just 'Fuck them'?

• Like 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

You don't give a 'bat's ass' that the President is a racist asshole?
That his base is also a bunch of racist assholes, who love this sort of shit?
That he's using this as a distraction to hide how miserably he's managed this situation?
That his race-baiting is likely at least partly at fault for the increase in attacks on Asians?

Or, is it just 'Fuck them'?

Joe, it is absolutely "just Fuck them." They pretend and dance and yada, yada but, and they are ever blinded to this too:  they are completely transparent. 

Edited by JoeWeber

(edited)
3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Exactly. That is as exactly ass backwards an opinion as is humanly possible. It's not about China's reputation. It's about ours. You guy's have an almost preternatural ability to completely miss the point.

Huh.  When does China accept culpability?

It started in China, right?  It did, didn't it?

It is lethal, and China knew it, yet, It was downplayed by China.

When does the blame and the accountability get placed correctly?

ETA: When do they start paying out reparations.  We will accept ours in reduction of 1/2 the debt we owe them.

Edited by turtlespeed
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

?? Downplayed by China?  WTF?  They were enforcing quarantines with armed soldiers, herding hundreds of infected and uninfected people alike into abandoned buildings.  It doesn't get more "uplayed" than that.  Meanwhile our government was telling people it was nothing, go out to the bars, it was "totally under control" and it was "going to go away."

After we see the respective death rates in China vs the US.  Then we will see who took more responsible action to mitigate the spread.

ETA: When do they start paying out reparations.  We will accept ours in reduction of 1/2 the debt we owe them.

Again, let's see who has more deaths, and who allows the virus to spread more easily.  Is there a lockdown to prevent US citizens from flying anywhere in the world and spreading the virus worldwide?  No?  Looks like we're going to be out a lot of $$$ in that case.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Huh.  When does China accept culpability?

It started in China, right?  It did, didn't it?

I'm a little slow on the uptake, so my apologies. Only now do I grasp why you are known as a Turtle.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Sometimes I'm amazed that you guys don't even know when you're being played by the POTUS.

I get it that you must believe that is the situation. To not would force you to recognize certain defects in your critical reasoning faculties.

9 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Please.  Don't waste the bandwidth.

Not sure what you mean. But most of the world remembers Trump launching his campaign in front of the grand staircase on a theme of race baiting. His people ate it up and he is still at it. Are you one of them?

27 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Sometimes I'm amazed that you guys don't even know when you're being played by the POTUS.

I do know that he's playing us.  The only way he can interject himself into an issue is to somehow create and "us vs. him" scenario.  In this case he did it by calling it a China Flu and defending against that language.  Now he doesn't have to get up there and talk about how good or bad of a job he's doing at the helm of this issue (which he previously said Mike Pence was supposed to be doing) he can paint it as himself being the tough brash guy and the liberal media taking China's side against him.

It's idiotic.  We will need to involve yourself with China to learn how this virus was transferred to people, how it spread in the initial steps and what we can do to stop pandemics in the future.  All he's done by calling it the China-Virus is to rub it in their faces and have them slam the door in our faces.  We're probably now in a worse situation than we were beforehand because we're forcing them to hide anything from us that Trump can use to blame them.

So yes, Trump is right that it came from China and that their initial coverup allowed it to spread outside of their borders.  But the thing is that by dealing with it this way, in an accusatory and inflamatory manner, he's only right because he's not wrong and being not wrong isn't good enough when it comes to dealing with things the right way.

45 minutes ago, DJL said:

So yes, Trump is right that it came from China and that their initial coverup allowed it to spread outside of their borders. 

You should be waiting for Bill and Joe and the gang to pile on for saying what I just said.

Wanna bet that doesn't happen though?:rofl:

12 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You should be waiting for Bill and Joe and the gang to pile on for saying what I just said.

Wanna bet that doesn't happen though?:rofl:

Coverup and lying is what communist dictatorships do. Concealing scandals keeps the inner elite in power. While they can profit from the event.

What, did I say communist, I meant trump kleptocracy.

1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:

Coverup and lying is what communist dictatorships do. Concealing scandals keeps the inner elite in power. While they can profit from the event.

What, did I say communist, I meant trump kleptocracy.

So I pose the question that asks for confirmation that someone believes the Chinese government was honest about the numbers. . . .  I get responses like " Useless Post" and " A little bit freeform, out of the blue, and a deflection? Almost Trumpian?"

Blatantly hypocritical.

19 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So I pose the question that asks for confirmation that someone believes the Chinese government was honest about the numbers. . . .  I get responses like " Useless Post" and " A little bit freeform, out of the blue, and a deflection? Almost Trumpian?"

Blatantly hypocritical.

I don't trust the Chinese government any more than I trust Trump to tell the truth. 

Or any less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Who about a word or two about the subject?

. . .  As you just did?

<Quote>

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I'm a little slow on the uptake, so my apologies. Only now do I grasp why you are known as a Turtle.

You think that China has told us the truth and the correct numbers, right?

</Quote>

I did have topic - 

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Not sure what you mean. But most of the world remembers Trump launching his campaign in front of the grand staircase on a theme of race baiting. His people ate it up and he is still at it. Are you one of them?

Most of the world couldn't give a fuck about the US, unless they need aid of course.

BTW...I saw a poll today saying a majority of folks approve of his handling of the situation.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/20/poll-majority-of-americans-now-approve-of-trumps-coronavirus-management-138570