1 1
brenthutch

Joe being Joe

44 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Yes, it does. However . . . 

It is so much nicer talking you, Wendy.

(maybe it’s because I respect you so much)

I can’t recall you ever responding with something like, “sucks to be you, live with it.” Instead of a coherent thought.

(My statement would have more substance if I wasn’t guilty of the same)

I see the supposed values of the Democrats being lessened by these actions.  I am so so so so so very tired of the hypocrisy on the right, but I can’t get behind the left when it’s the same thing, in a different suit. 

it’s very disappointing, and frustrating. 

I want to be a part of a group that holds its values true, and doesn’t thwart its own advertised beliefs and platform.  It just feels dirty.  

That’s also why I’m no longer a republican, and haven’t been for years. 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, kallend said:

Exaggeration!   I see a female face, and a brown one.

oldwhitemen.jpg

Relatives of Michael the Black Man.

Reformed from the days when he was: "in a murderous Black supremacist cult and went on trial for allegedly stabbing a man in the eye with a stick and beating another man who was later decapitated".

No you can't make this stuff up when examining the people that support trump.Wow.

I challenge anyone to read the entire story in the link. Then try to understand his psychology.

Edited by Phil1111

20 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

And here I thought it was a Green New Deal hoax to say "see, you CAN reduce pollution that much!"

We can save millions!  Less illness, less car crash fatalities, less gun grime, less homocide.  Just stay home.

Imagine all the people!

On 3/20/2020 at 2:33 PM, wmw999 said:

And here I thought it was a Green New Deal hoax to say "see, you CAN reduce pollution that much!"

Wendy P.

That is going to backfire as China is lifting limits on pollution (not just CO2) in order to jump start its economy.  With the trillions going out the door to save the economy the GND is the furthest thing from the publics mind. 

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, Democratic Presidential Candidate ?

Democrats are increasingly worried that Joe Biden will have trouble being relevant and compelling in the long four months between now and when he is nominated in July. Lloyd Constantine, who was a senior policy adviser to New York governor Eliot Spitzer from 2007 to 2008, puts it bluntly: “Biden is a melting ice cube. Those of us who have closely watched as time ravaged the once sharp or even brilliant minds of loved ones and colleagues, recognize what is happening to the good soldier Joe.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/could-a-draft-cuomo-movement-be-in-the-democrats-future/

4 hours ago, Bigfalls said:

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, Democratic Presidential Candidate ?

Democrats are increasingly worried that Joe Biden will have trouble being relevant and compelling in the long four months between now and when he is nominated in July. Lloyd Constantine, who was a senior policy adviser to New York governor Eliot Spitzer from 2007 to 2008, puts it bluntly: “Biden is a melting ice cube. Those of us who have closely watched as time ravaged the once sharp or even brilliant minds of loved ones and colleagues, recognize what is happening to the good soldier Joe.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/could-a-draft-cuomo-movement-be-in-the-democrats-future/

What about a Cuomo/Bloomberg ticket?

24 minutes ago, billvon said:

So you now you get your political guidance from - Osama bin Laden.  And base your political opinions on his.

This is a new low, even for you.

Political guidance?  Come on Bill - that statement is ridiculous.  

Would you agree with Bin Laden if he had said the same thing about Trump of Pence?

It should mean something to you that foreign leaders, especially those opposed to us, or in a war with us, desire Biden in office, because they believe he would weaken us.

22 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

It should mean something to you that foreign leaders, especially those opposed to us, or in a war with us, desire Biden in office, because they believe he would weaken us.

Well, we know Putin wanted Trump in office to weaken us.  Getting a step above Trump is a step in the right direction.

28 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

It should mean something to Turtle that foreign leaders, especially those opposed to us, or in a war with us, desire trump in office, because they know he would weaken us.

Trump Is Beijing’s Best Asset Chinese officials want the U.S. president reelected—because he’s so weak.

Why China may want a second Trump term

Anthony Scaramucci: China wants Trump to get reelected

Why Putin Wants Trump to Win Every day Trump’s in office undermines the institutional foundations of American democracy.

Trump Didn’t Want Democrats to Find Out Russia Is Trying to Get Him Reelected

51 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Trump Is Beijing’s Best Asset Chinese officials want the U.S. president reelected—because he’s so weak.

Why Putin Wants Trump to Win Every day Trump’s in office undermines the institutional foundations of American democracy.

Evidently your argument for Biden being damaging is that Trump is damaging, so that's ok.

<eyeroll>

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Evidently your argument for Biden being damaging is that Trump is damaging, so that's ok.

<eyeroll>

Obviously thats not what I stated. But as others have said about your thinking, point, or example in support of your view. When its discounted. Distract. Very trumpian.

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Political guidance?  Come on Bill - that statement is ridiculous.  

Would you agree with Bin Laden if he had said the same thing about Trump of Pence?

Don't be ridiculous. We're not talking about foreign powers with vast intel networks and secret information the rest of us aren't privy to - it's Osama Bin Laden. The only things he knew about Biden he saw on the same TV and news websites the rest of us can read. 

While I'm sure I'd consider him much more up to speed on Afghan and Pakistani politics than me, whatever he had to say about any western politicians I would agree with only if I already had the same opinion. Seriously -  tell me why I should consider him to be any kind of authority whose opinion should shape my own?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

<eyeroll>

The thing about the Chinese and the Russians (as well as being actual foreign powers with wide ranging foreign intelligence networks and lots of people and resources dedicated to this stuff) is that they still exist.

If you still think that here and now in 2020 we should be more worried about what Osama Bin Laden is planning than what Putin and Xi want then, well, yeah. Eyeroll.

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

The thing about the Chinese and the Russians (as well as being actual foreign powers with wide ranging foreign intelligence networks and lots of people and resources dedicated to this stuff) is that they still exist.

If you still think that here and now in 2020 we should be more worried about what Osama Bin Laden is planning than what Putin and Xi want then, well, yeah. Eyeroll.

No - you should worry more about WHY he said what he said.

Question - was Joe in favor of the mission to go after Bin Laden?