2 2

Arch Deal, Tampa Florida

"Eating dinner Friday night, Mr. Deal choked on a piece of filet mignon, said his fiancé, Ruby Drash, who was with him. They tried the Heimlich maneuver with no success. Mr. Deal was 88."

Fly free Arch!  Thanks for the great times in the mid 1980s with the Miller Light Beer Demo Team - we were very well paid for demos into amazing venues - Clear Lake, TX unlimited hydroplane races with the Golden Knights demo team was one of many - too much fun.

When I heard you made 40 jumps on your 40th birthday in 1974 (or 1975?), I was inspired to make 50 on my 50th birthday in 2003 - I did not realize you were 21 years older than me until I saw your age of 88 in the news article.

The Cypress Gardens, FL jump with the double malfunction into soft sand and survived always was an amazing story, having heard it a few times after some night time beers.

Will see you in the next life and don't be late (Jimi Hendrix) - Frank D-8200 - BSBD

• Like 3