1 1
gowlerk

The Trump recession

56 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Markets down another 5% or so this AM. Boeing down 18% at 104.44. It's probably worth that. US dollar is pounding the Loonie, so I won't be buying any greenback denominated securities!

Trump starts lying and gas lighting again today, markets down almost 8%, trading halted. Again.

President like the world has never seen. For good reason, with terribly bad results.

(edited)
2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Markets down another 5% or so this AM. Boeing down 18% at 104.44. It's probably worth that. US dollar is pounding the Loonie, so I won't be buying any greenback denominated securities!

WCS trading at $8.53 US a barrel, you can put a fork in Alberta and call it done.

Boeing down from 52 week high of $398.66

Edited by Phil1111

3 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Those that are now bears will jump in.

If you have a view of the markets that they are going to go down you're a bear. If you believe they are going to go up you're a bull. Bulls will jump in because they think its reached bottom. Bears will still think its got further to go down. Hence they wouldn't be buyers. Until they believed the market had reached bottom. Then they become bullish, hence buyers.

12 minutes ago, airdvr said:

it will all reach a point where the bears will jump in and grab the deals.  Then it will go back up.  Always does (finger crossed).

I don't think there is a rush on that.  I will be happily surprised if a sustained upward trend starts by the end of 2020 (or 2021 for that matter).

When I sold stocks in late Feb, I mostly sold those in retirement accounts, so that I wouldn't have to pay taxes (for now) and wouldn't have my Medicare premiums go up.  I ignored the lesson I've learned a couple of times in the past -- when it is time to sell, sell.  Don't wait for short term gain to become long term capital gain, lest it be a loss.  Don't let tax consequences be considered more than market consequences.

trump has never been a details type of person. Instead of addressing the C-19 situation he is looking to re-election. C-19 is just an excuse for him to save America "Trump team’s new mission: Defend the ‘wartime president’

First there will be the rotary wing air assault.     

The disinformation campaign.     and why C-19 is all politics for trump.

(edited)
On 3/18/2020 at 10:11 AM, gowlerk said:

While Boeing handsomely rewarded its CEO, This is the 737 MAX CEO

Boeing's fired CEO could walk away with a $60 million golden parachute

Boeing Increases CEO's Pay 27% to $23.4 Million for Last Year

It bought back $43 billion of its own stock.

"one of the heftier spenders of recent years has been aerospace giant Boeing. The company might seem an odd candidate for a big buyback programme. Its civil aviation business involves huge multiyear projects in which billions of dollars of capital are put at risk. The programme for the 787 Dreamliner, for instance, lasted eight years and cost $32bn. Yet Boeing has found the financial space to splurge on its own stock. Between 2013 and the end of the first quarter of this year, it retired a net 200m shares, handing back $43bn to holders.

While it piled up debt to pay for that stock buyback.

After seven years in which shareholders gorged on $43 billion on stock buybacks. Its in Washington for handouts, in the amount of $60 billion, which trump supports.

Edited by Phil1111

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Yup Trump gave CEOs of large companies incredible taxpayer funded bonuses and is now going to use more taxpayer money to support those some companies.

We hold these truths to be self evident. All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Ken,

Does seem that he is asking people to join up with the ACA; while his Administration  is trying to shut it down.

Jerry BAumchen

Then he has a funny way of encouraging them:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/31/trump-obamacare-coronavirus-157788

Edited by ryoder

21 minutes ago, airdvr said:

This hasn't even scratched the surface of 2008-9

It's also hardly started.

Something tells me that within a month you'll be back telling us that you understand more than anyone else how serious this downturn is going to be because your sister's an economist.;)

• Like 1

(edited)
On 4/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, airdvr said:

This hasn't even scratched the surface of 2008-9

You were saying?

On 4/5/2020 at 1:13 PM, jakee said:

It's also hardly started.

Something tells me that within a month you'll be back telling us that you understand more than anyone else how serious this downturn is going to be because your sister's an economist.;)

J. Crew, the Neiman Marcus Group and now J.C. Penney a 118-Year-Old Department Store.   All bankrupt as the trump recession marches on.

Nobody but nobody does recessions like donald trump.

Edited by Phil1111