1 1
JoeWeber

American Nero

22 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

What's going on this AM that I don't know about? Or are you talking about the excellent buying opportunity?

You just dive right in and get rich. I've had only a touch of shares going into this year and intend to stay that way until the train has left the station. 

12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You just dive right in and get rich. I've had only a touch of shares going into this year and intend to stay that way until the train has left the station. 

I'm just caught the falling knife. Just as the market re-opened. Fingers are crossed!!!!!

8 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I'm just caught the falling knife. Just as the market re-opened. Fingers are crossed!!!!!

A little SPY if you just need to do something, I guess. But if a single expert was calling it a buy two weeks ago...........

10 minutes ago, airdvr said:

The market goes up, the market goes down.  If you fret over it on a daily basis you're going to develop an ulcer.

Crypto market is pissing me off right now - bunch of pussies, lol.  It's time to start doubling down folks!

10 minutes ago, airdvr said:

The market goes up, the market goes down.  If you fret over it on a daily basis you're going to develop an ulcer.

Ulcers are caused by helicobacter pylori.  They don't follow the stock tickers.  

32 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Remember when you were saying nothing could happen to the US economy?

Nothing has happened to the US economy......yet. The biggest threat I see is falling oil prices killing off the fracking industry. But I think the Saudi princeling who is trying to screw with the Russians is soon going to find that he does not have the power he though he did. If he continues to work to force prices down by increasing his production I predict that one of Russia's proxies will attack their facilities to send a message and curtail his excesses. And Trump will bow to Putin no matter how much Jared is in bed with the House of Saud.

Current oil prices will devastate about 40% of US smaller oil companies.

Despite that progress, many small to mid-sized shale firms are now pulling back on production targets amid the gloomy price projections. Sept, 6, 2019

Small and mid-sized US companies are barely able to keep their heads above water.

While the US FED has little room left to influence markets.

The coronavirus outbreak could drag down debt-bloated companies. These are some of the most vulnerable

Rule #1 in the equities markets: Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money and Pigs Get Slaughtered

If that all sounds too negative keep in mind that the sun will still rise tomorrow. Worrying about how your pension plan goes further and further in default of obligations. Will just give you grey hair.

6 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Current oil prices will devastate about 40% of US smaller oil companies.

Despite that progress, many small to mid-sized shale firms are now pulling back on production targets amid the gloomy price projections. Sept, 6, 2019

Small and mid-sized US companies are barely able to keep their heads above water.

While the US FED has little room left to influence markets.

The coronavirus outbreak could drag down debt-bloated companies. These are some of the most vulnerable

Rule #1 in the equities markets: Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money and Pigs Get Slaughtered

If that all sounds too negative keep in mind that the sun will still rise tomorrow. Worrying about how your pension plan goes further and further in default of obligations. Will just give you grey hair.

That is all true providing you have continually rebalanced your portfolio to meet your timeframes. 

15 minutes ago, kallend said:
1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

If that all sounds too negative keep in mind that the sun will still rise tomorrow. 

I'm inclined to believe you on this.  If Trump had said it, I'd go outside to check.

If Trump said it, you people would say "liar, idiot!  Doesn't the dotard know that the sun doesn't actually rise?" 

Getting back to the OP,  at first I thought this was a typical "Trump is an insensitive idiot" tweet from an opponent.  Only later dId I realize that it actually came from the White House Director of Social Media and Assistant to the President, and was re-tweeted by DJT himself.

I can only think that the level of ignorance in the Trump White House has reached such a level that they didn't know to whom they were implicitly comparing the President.

It's what you get when the President surrounds himself with sycophants and yes men/women whose talent is not competence, knowledge or wisdom, but just an unwavering ability to avoid  telling him anything negative.

Trump and his cronies have seriously mismanaged this issue.  I just hope the voters will take note.

6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

If Trump said it, you people would say "liar, idiot!  Doesn't the dotard know that the sun doesn't actually rise?" 

Given Trump's track record of lying and breaking campaign promises, the smart money would check ANYTHING he says or tweets.

5 minutes ago, kallend said:

I can only think that the level of ignorance in the Trump White House has reached such a level that they didn't know to whom they were implicitly comparing the President.

It's what you get when the President surrounds himself with sycophants and yes men/women whose talent is not competence, knowledge or wisdom, but just an unwavering ability to avoid  telling him anything negative.

Should have kept Bannon. Even he wasn't ignorant enough to miss the Nero reference.

(edited)
59 minutes ago, jakee said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

Examples of which I'm sure will be forthcoming...

Nah, that was just a bit of satire/mild hyperbolic humor, but it was inspired by several threads where people were going on about how the Bible refers to the moon as the "lesser light," when in fact the moon is no light at all!  It just reflects sunlight!

Yet everyone here has most likely referred to it as moonlight, rather than stellar reflection.

Just as they call it a beautiful sunset, not a beautiful earth rotation.

Edited by Coreece

31 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

The post has meaning to the Patriots (Anons).

It has meaning to everyone. It compares Trump to a populist dictator who was widely viewed as an undiginified clown, who celebrated the burning of his capital and who committed suicide after being deposed by rivals who took advantage of his fecklessness and weakness. 

Let's see if the prediction comes true!

• Like 1