1 1
nigel99

Praying for you

(edited)
12 minutes ago, kallend said:

I admit that YOU wrote something really stupid but won't accept responsibility for doing so.

People are saying that is "very Trumpish".

https://dublin.ca.gov/293/St-Patricks-Day-Celebration

Places in California have cancelled St. Patrick's day. 

Wanna bet they don't cancel Cinco De Mayo?

If you can prove to me that March 17th is always, or even mostly referred to as St. Patrick's day world wide, you MAY have some credit toward the hyper technical argument that I left out the word celebration.

I guess it was just a Monumental logical leap, since anyone with any intelligence at all, would understand that I didn't mean they were going to remove an entire date from the calendar.  Because that makes MUCH more sense than something like the article I posted states.

But - HEY -At least you are getting all that attention that Bill was talking about. 

Edited by turtlespeed

1 minute ago, kallend said:

If you refrain from writing stupid stuff you won't get called on it.

There was nothing stupid, except your intentional misunderstanding.

Wait, were you truly incapable of understanding?  If so, I apologize, and will try to accommodate your issues in the future.

36 minutes ago, kallend said:

I admit that YOU wrote something really stupid but won't accept responsibility for doing so.

Oh for crying out loud kids. Even I know that the turtle's meaning was that gatherings celebrating those events would be cancelled, not the events themselves.

13 minutes ago, gowlerk said:
51 minutes ago, kallend said:

Oh for crying out loud kids. Even I know that the turtle's meaning was that gatherings celebrating those events would be cancelled, not the events themselves.

More importantly, the day itself wasn't canceled.

26 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Everyone knew that, and, frankly, if it had been someone else it would have gone unremarked. Massachusetts, with its very significant Irish population, has cancelled all St. Patrick's celebrations and events.

OTOH, Turtle, you enjoy stirring the pot enough that you shouldn't be surprised when sometimes you get caught in it.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Everyone knew that, and, frankly, if it had been someone else it would have gone unremarked. Massachusetts, with its very significant Irish population, has cancelled all St. Patrick's celebrations and events.

OTOH, Turtle, you enjoy stirring the pot enough that you shouldn't be surprised when sometimes you get caught in it.

Wendy P.

The banter is entertaining.