2 2
Igor Kamenev

Skyduck needs your help - looking for a data from digital altimeters!

3 hours ago, BigMick said:

Any news on if it will be available for Android?

I would answer - "In two weeks" :)

We've started working on it. But Android is a bit ... emm... weird platform comparing to ios. So, it is unpredictable. I hope, we'll launch alpha version in 5-6 weeks.

• Like 1

Completely unaware of what exactly the app does (just heard of it) and the nature of the project (free/open source/commercial) but I'd love to contribute if possible (electrical engineering + signal processing + machine learning background).

Will send the data regardless :)

24 minutes ago, Binary93 said:

Completely unaware of what exactly the app does (just heard of it) and the nature of the project (free/open source/commercial) but I'd love to contribute if possible (electrical engineering + signal processing + machine learning background).

https://skyduck.app/

On 3/6/2020 at 12:37 PM, Igor Kamenev said:

Hey guys,

Skyduck app is back after winter vacation and needs your help!
Now are are working on a new release where we'd like to support data imported from digital altimeters.

If you can, please send me files and provide the name of altimeter to [email protected]

Thank you in advance,
Igor

Welcome back!

still admire the app in my Iphone8, got it 6 month or so ago. I’ve will get to use it first time in a few weeks, will be able to compare with pro track data then. Nyk/Skavsta  Sweden . 
anything I can do for you? 
or should think of. I don’t understand it yet, missed instructions 

seeing it in commercials on social media nowadays/// blue skies // p.o

On 3/7/2020 at 11:17 PM, pasiorha said:

Welcome back!

still admire the app in my Iphone8, got it 6 month or so ago. I’ve will get to use it first time in a few weeks, will be able to compare with pro track data then. Nyk/Skavsta  Sweden . 
anything I can do for you? 
or should think of. I don’t understand it yet, missed instructions 

seeing it in commercials on social media nowadays/// blue skies // p.o

Now we need raw data from digital altimeters (like Atlas, Ares, Viso, Dekunu, Aon, etc.) to support it during import process.

So, if you have one - just connect it to your laptop and send me the raw data from it.

Blue skies!

On 3/7/2020 at 4:06 AM, Binary93 said:

Heh :)
We are going to make logging your jumps more fancy than traditional paper log book :)

One way - is recording all data like exit altitude, deploy altitude, etc automatically using your phone. Other way - to import data from you digital altimeter. That's why we need raw data from different altimeters.

• Like 1

(edited)

Raw data from a protrack will do I asume. I wuold like to start the skyduck while I am still on the ground, so I dont have to bother while in the plane. How will it affect the battery I dont know. Do you..?

(just got airborne due to Corona, so next weekend Ill try)

Edited by pasiorha

I think I have about 20 jumps with the duck and all from the same DZ. I compare each jump with my protrack and it differs from all some, but mostly within the  margin of acceptable tolerans. It has some errors that appears all wrong. Like the 3D function. Sometimes it seems very accurate and precise, other times I seem to have landed way off. Some info it looses due to lack of good contact thru the jump. But altogether it has nice features, love em, wish you get it to be more even and less likely to get errors. Because its a great application. If you tell me how to share the data from the protrack as well as the skyduck, ill do.

Reading my own words makes me point out again, that it is great, and the horisontal speeds as well as g-forces besides the vertical is just a few moore attractions on it.  

On 3/19/2020 at 2:29 PM, Igor Kamenev said:

Now we need raw data from digital altimeters (like Atlas, Ares, Viso, Dekunu, Aon, etc.) to support it during import process.

So, if you have one - just connect it to your laptop and send me the raw data from it.

Blue skies!

Just general info, L&B Ares/Viso do not have USB port and data is not available for download..