2 2
gowlerk

covid-19

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

Right.  And that will be interesting to see.  But as of now, there is no known benefit to using it, and there are known risks.

On hydroxychloroquine, Kristen Welker with NBC "President Trump made the claim that thousands of frontline workers are using the medication. We did a little bit of a fact check, checked with the largest medical association, which said they don't have data to back that up at this point."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, normiss said:

On hydroxychloroquine, Kristen Welker with NBC "President Trump made the claim that thousands of frontline workers are using the medication. We did a little bit of a fact check, checked with the largest medical association, which said they don't have data to back that up at this point."

Not only that common sense dictates that science and medical opinions not FOX news should determine pharma use.

Wait hold the press...even FOX news says its dangerous Trump Lashes Out At Fox News For Hydroxychloroquine Warning

Is FOX trying to kill its spokesman. Further updates at midnight the trump watching hour.

(edited)

I quit watching Trump on TV a long time ago. I'm somewhat past sixty years old and I have never experienced anything like what's going on now, and has been the past three and a half years. I don't hate Trump. I just think he isn't suited for the job. He's the guy who can make you think that Reagan, Bush 1 and 2, etc weren't so bad after all. I would take any of them right now in preference to Trump and be grateful. 

Like Spock said at the end of the Star Trek episode, Amok Time

"Sometimes the wanting of something is better than the having of it. It is not logical, but it is often true..." 

Maybe it is the same thing with Trump. He gets elected and hasn't a clue what it means to actually BE the so-called Leader of the Free World. Not up to the job. 

As far as the Covid-19 stuff, I (like others) am becoming numb to it. Everyone's lives turned upside down in a matter of weeks. It's crazy. It's a tragedy. If you make it through this mess, get yourself a custom T-shirt and the vaccine shot (when it hopefully comes out) as soon as you can. On the shirt you can have printed:

I Survived Covid-19 

A cute picture of yourself in quarantine just below the text would be a nice touch. 

As for me, I beat the lockdown by going camping off some Forest Service road in the Olympics of Washington state every chance I get. Twice now, with a third coming up soon. No people up there, so no virus. B) Picture from a previous trip, and another of a lake so far out hardly anyone goes there. If you can't take it anymore, go to the forest. I take a portable TV/DVD player and a boombox. Gotta have something to do at night. (*smiles*)

IN2nocaption.jpg.8ba0ba653be3dee4f5daebd1a252d584.jpg

HighLake.jpg.b5efbc099fa5a43a2b53cd61f8c4a665.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 3:58 PM, Phil1111 said:

The Chinese medical establishment, the EU and the CDC has evaluated everything about hydroxychloroquine. Why trump, FOX journalists, or anybody else would suddenly think that they know more about this drug than national health bodies is mind boggling.

Every single doctor treating C-19 and every national body has had an opportunity to evaluate, discuss and read about this drug. In addition trump is taking this drug to "prevent" C-19.

As a 'kinda funny' story about HCQ & Covid 19, here's an intersting case:

https://www.newsweek.com/wisconsin-woman-who-took-hydroxychloroquine-nearly-2-decades-contracts-coronavirus-how-can-i-1505575?fbclid=IwAR0KJtxmyt10EqU-2rQuKY2szEi-5zfM8ag_XPPnLjX6swRj1ijnZtnx8y8

A woman with lupus has been taking it for nearly 2 decades has Covid 19. 

Admittedly, only once case. Anecdote is not data. 

The "kinda funny" part is how pissed she is that she got sick. Apparently she thought it would keep her safe. 

16 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

As a 'kinda funny' story about HCQ & Covid 19, here's an intersting case:

https://www.newsweek.com/wisconsin-woman-who-took-hydroxychloroquine-nearly-2-decades-contracts-coronavirus-how-can-i-1505575?fbclid=IwAR0KJtxmyt10EqU-2rQuKY2szEi-5zfM8ag_XPPnLjX6swRj1ijnZtnx8y8

A woman with lupus has been taking it for nearly 2 decades has Covid 19. 

Admittedly, only once case. Anecdote is not data. 

The "kinda funny" part is how pissed she is that she got sick. Apparently she thought it would keep her safe. 

The concept that the general population is unaware that physicians talk to each other. That their national bodies don't act as a conduit for new, updated, information, training in specific areas of practice.That there are periodicals, websites where information on viral medical practice is shared and exchanged. Is astonishing.

It seems as if patients get their education from politicians and medical adverts on the 5 o'clock news. Then know more than their doctors who have never learnt a thing since they graduated from medical school.

With a million and a half cases in the US now there should be a sizeable number of cases like hers. But who knows, in the mind of trump, the GOP, Q, etc. Perhaps there is something about Lupus that acts an an enabling mechanism for C-19. Defeating or overriding the HCQ.

trump better study that or at least have a press conference to re-inform the medical establishment about how smart he is.

On a side note trump is back to campaigning sans-mask. So I'm still hoping.

Trump on his latest coronavirus test: "I tested very positively in another sense, so, this morning, yeah. I tested positively toward negative, right? So, no. I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative"

2 hours ago, normiss said:

Trump on his latest coronavirus test: "I tested very positively in another sense, so, this morning, yeah. I tested positively toward negative, right? So, no. I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative"

I'll take bleu cheese dressing on my word salad, please.

Newspeak. If he were craftier, I'd say it was part of an overall plan to change the accepted meanings (a la 1984). But no, I don't think he's that crafty. Just word salad. But it's part of what makes him authentic :blank:

(we need a less happy-looking "crazy" emoji)

Wendy P.

2 hours ago, normiss said:

33 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I'll take bleu cheese dressing on my word salad, please.

Normally he would have included 'beautiful" and repeated perfect a couple more times as well.

36 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Normally he would have included 'beautiful" and repeated perfect a couple more times as well.

14 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Could it possibly be dementia?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Jerry Baumchen

Nah, probably just the hydroxychloroquine.

38 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The doctors couldn't believe how much Coronavirus he didn't have. They don't think anyone has ever tested as 'not infected' as Trump. It's amazing really, just how good he is at not having the virus. Obama was never as completely clear of Coronavirus as Trump and Coronavirus hadn't even been invented yet.

Newspeak. If he were craftier, I'd say it was part of an overall plan to change the accepted meanings (a la 1984).

I'm imagining that some PR staffer simply mentioned once that he should avoid using the word negative too much in association with himself (like how some salesmen and call centre workers aren't allowed to say no) and he's just taken that idea on his own special journey. Like, if not saying negative too much is good, then actually saying positive a lot must be even better, right?

• Like 1

An important factor related to social distancing not discussed much is the use of Ukrainian garlic sausage. I first discovered this several months ago when encountering a man thoroughly imbued with the noxious fragrance. I could smell him at about 60'. Prior to the introduction and use of masks it was quite effective.

Proper effect means ingestion of at least the equivalence of two or three cloves a full day prior to the needed results. With proper effect it establishes a ten to twenty foot safety airspace around you. A halo of protection so to speak.

If your body is in real form its possible to create even deeper zones of personal safety. A large, long and noisy flatulent release of garlic gas from your lower vent is sure to clear most away. ...Hey safety first.

I'd have to ask trump if garlic kills C-19 but we are not on speaking terms now.

16 minutes ago, kallend said:

I comes to something when the editorial board of a prestigious, non political medical journal calls out the President of the USA as a liar.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/498539-lancet-knocks-trump-for-factually-incorrect-statement-in-letter

Hi John,

And on the other hand:  '1 In 5 Adults In England Think The Coronavirus Is A Hoax'

And: "A disconcertingly high number of adults in England do not agree with the scientific and governmental consensus on the coronavirus pandemic," 

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/22/860947708/1-in-5-in-england-think-the-coronavirus-is-a-hoax

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  In '61-'62 I was stationed in England.  At that time, I thought they were nuts for having funerals for their pets.  

57 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

And on the other hand:  '1 In 5 Adults In England Think The Coronavirus Is A Hoax'

And: "A disconcertingly high number of adults in England do not agree with the scientific and governmental consensus on the coronavirus pandemic," 

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/22/860947708/1-in-5-in-england-think-the-coronavirus-is-a-hoax

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  In '61-'62 I was stationed in England.  At that time, I thought they were nuts for having funerals for their pets.  

1 in 5 adults have IQ < 87.  I suspect a strong correlation.

So just like '60s-70s  rock, Monty Python and Dr. Who,  pet funerals are another British invasion.

2 hours ago, tonyhays said:

....wait for it.  

Sadly a side effect of American culture is there is little regard for government structure and advice. I don’t know how it is going to play out, but hopefully not too badly for all of you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nigel99 said:

Sadly a side effect of American culture is there is little regard for government structure and advice. I don’t know how it is going to play out, but hopefully not too badly for all of you

American culture has become a war of the tribes. trump promised to break everything and thats what his tribe voted for. Four years is a long time but it seems as if the war has brought about some casualties. beside the rule of law, tossing aside every environmental regulations possible, pandering to special interest groups, etc.

"Still, some cracks were apparent: Less than half (46 percent) of self-described conservatives, for example, said they’d definitely vote for Trump in 2020. What’s more, 17 percent of those voters said they’d definitely vote for someone else. " The aforementioned quote is from a good read.

So trump has already lost 17% of the voters that carried him to a win, with a loss of popular vote. Once again those are GOP voters.

Having said that you have a valid point. Americans rightly or wrongly view their government with suspicion. The entire constitution is to protect people from the government. As though other governments and constitutions enprison their  populations. As though other nations, the EU states for example have people without the exact freedoms that Americans have.

I'd suggest that with a change of government the US will learn from its populist experiment. The damages done however may take some time to repair.

6 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

As though other governments and constitutions enprison their  populations.

There are many countries where criticizing the government will get you arrested, and maybe even killed. China (where the virus came from) for example. The whole country of North Korea is essentially a prison.

2 hours ago, skydave114 said:

There are many countries where criticizing the government will get you arrested, and maybe even killed. China (where the virus came from) for example. The whole country of North Korea is essentially a prison.

US has a for profit incarceration system filled with people too poor to properly represent themselves.

• Like 1