5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 hour ago, billvon said:

When asked about COVID-19 testing problems at one of his speeches, Trump spoke thusly:

“This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it.  And they're constantly trying to come up with a new – people go to a hospital and they catch – they go for a heart operation – that's no problem, but they end up dying from – from problems. You know the problems I'm talking about. There's a whole genius to it. We’re fighting – not only is it hidden, but it’s very smart. Okay? It’s invisible and it’s hidden, but it’s – it’s very smart.”

Yes, fellow Americans, this is who is in charge of the response to COVID-19 - a guy who thinks that viruses are treated with antibiotics.  Until they got brilliant.

This is the guy with the nuclear codes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The speech referenced in the last couple posts was made this last Friday. Not months ago. As such I applaud trump for the first time giving someone credit for being smarter than himself. Bravo.

Well, that 'someone' has no brain.

And yes, it's smarter than him.

• Like 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

We are doomed. Totally Doomed. And there will still be posters on this site who think Trump was the best choice available in 2016 and will be again in 2020. 

Hi Joe,

I can somewhat understand how someone could vote for him in 2016.  What I will never understand is:

1.  How those people will not admit that their vote was a mistake.

2. Still support him & will vote for him again.

Anyone who still thinks that he was a better choice than Hillary must live in a very dark cave.

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen

7 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

I can somewhat understand how someone could vote for him in 2016.  What I will never understand is:

1.  How those people will admit that their vote was a mistake.

2. Still support him & will vote for him again.

Anyone who still thinks that he was a better choice than Hillary must live in a very dark cave.

Jerry Baumchen

But her emails!  Benghazi!  People died!

13 minutes ago, kallend said:

But her emails!  Benghazi!  People died!

I'll catch shit for saying it but I'm convinced it was simple misogyny for a majority of voters. They'll give lip service to being all about equal rights here and elsewhere but they simply can not see a woman in being charge of the nation. You just know they thought "get the bitch" when Trump called her a nasty woman during the debates and as a practical matter they are not too opposed to pussy grabbing, either. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I'll catch shit for saying it but I'm convinced it was simple misogyny for a majority of voters.

My feeling is that simple misogyny made it easier for the talk show hosts to paint her as evil over a period of many years. A very pushy woman. You know, the worst kind. They spent years making her a target and using her as one of the enemies they love to hate. And it worked very well. On top of that is the simple fact that she lacks the charisma that any politician needs to be successful at that level.

Edited by gowlerk

14 hours ago, billvon said:

When asked about COVID-19 testing problems at one of his speeches, Trump spoke thusly:

“This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it.  And they're constantly trying to come up with a new – people go to a hospital and they catch – they go for a heart operation – that's no problem, but they end up dying from – from problems. You know the problems I'm talking about. There's a whole genius to it. We’re fighting – not only is it hidden, but it’s very smart. Okay? It’s invisible and it’s hidden, but it’s – it’s very smart.”

Yes, fellow Americans, this is who is in charge of the response to COVID-19 - a guy who thinks that viruses are treated with antibiotics.  Until they got brilliant.

Everytime he gets up to speak it's just word salad. Just a broken stream of consciousness, like the world's worst beat poet.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

Everytime he gets up to speak it's just word salad. Just a broken stream of consciousness, like the world's worst beat poet.

True, much of the time. And yet we understand him and continue to support him.

What is the attractor energy pattern?

On 4/11/2020 at 11:15 AM, gowlerk said:

The mayor of NYC was encouraging people to support the local economy by going out to bars and restaurants until shortly before shutting them down. Mistakes were made by many local officials of every type.

Those officials made "mistakes" but what Trump did was criminal . . . got it.

6 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

True, much of the time. And yet we understand him and continue to support him.

What is the attractor energy pattern?

The righteous drawn to a battle to defeat evil. Those who seek to protect the vulnerable from the predations of criminal government.

17 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

We are doomed. Totally Doomed. And there will still be posters on this site who think Trump was the best choice available in 2016 and will be again in 2020. We need a new slogan: if you couldn't see this coming with 20/16 vision you damn sure won't see it coming again with 20/20.

I really like that quote!!

But perhaps we should place the blame properly.

If your 20/16 prescription of a democrat for president, didn't help your vision of the future, then what are you seeing for 20/20?

5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

There you go again. Not listening.

OK, what is it that you think I am not hearing?

You just defended several politicians from making what you call "mistakes".  BUT - Trump does the equivalent, and what he has done is criminal.

You really need to stop having two sets of standards.

9 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I was not defending him. I was pointing out that he also made mistakes.

The mayor of NYC was encouraging people to support the local economy by going out to bars and restaurants until shortly before shutting them down. Mistakes were made by many local officials of every type.

My fault, if you were indeed including POTUS in the "many officials", but with the qualifier of "Local" I couldn't see how.

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

My fault, if you were indeed including POTUS in the "many officials", but with the qualifier of "Local" I couldn't see how.

The qualification "local" was used to point out that the national leadership is not alone in making errors.