5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

44 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I seem to recall Greta saying something to the effect of:

Don't listen to me, listen to the scientists.

OTOH, Trump keeps telling us how smart he is and how much he knows.

Even if he didn't know that people died from the flu.

And his shill Navarro believes it's smarter to trust Trumps intuition than the science. airdvr, go to the back of the class.

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

Expert huh?  You mean like Greta is an expert on Climate Science?

She's not and she has said so several times.  Her speeches have recommended that people listen to climate scientists, and not media deniers.

Compare that to Trump, who claims that doctors are amazed by how much he knows about virology, and that he is an intellectual because his uncle taught at MIT.

One of those people is lying through his teeth.  One is not.

28 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Oh, gawd. Do you realize that comment about "they put it in the blankets they gave us", is based on history? 

https://www.history.com/news/colonists-native-americans-smallpox-blankets

It's South Park.

The number of times they simply take the truth and run with it is staggering. 

What they did with the Mormons and the Scientologists was brutal. 

Absolutely hilarious and they didn't have to make up any of it.

From another forum I frequent, this is an excerpt from a physician working in a Georgia hospital:

I hate that I have to risk my life to take care of so many of Georgia's right wing deniers. I have patients who refuse to get tested for covid 19 or refuse my advice because this is still all a hoax by the left wing.........I have had to put about 8 of them on a vent , all 8 lived but these idiots are making it hard for people who followed all the rules and still get sick...except in 4 weeks, we won't have any ventilators for them.

9 hours ago, airdvr said:

If you were to take NY/NJ out of the equation it looks like we're doing a fairly good job of reducing the curve.

If we take guns out of the equation it looks like the USA is doing a good job with murders and suicides.

21 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Looks like the dipstick is still at it:  'FDA warns Alex Jones over false coronavirus claims'

There are moments when I think they should just let the idiots buy this crap.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/09/fda-warns-alex-jones-over-false-coronavirus-claims-178629

Jerry Baumchen

Unfortunately the idiots who buy this crap may well (on average) infect two other people who may be perfectly compliant.  

20 hours ago, kallend said:

FIFY.

Praise God for medical science.

Every good gift and every perfect (free, large, full) gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of all [that gives] light, in [the shining of] Whom there can be no variation [rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [as in an eclipse].

38 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Every good gift and every perfect (free, large, full) gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of all [that gives] light, in [the shining of] Whom there can be no variation [rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [as in an eclipse].

When did "perfect" start meaning free, and "large", and "full"?

It seems more likely, if not more logical, that the multiple definitions are used in an attempt to make the statement ambiguous, thus covering more area when challenged.

BUt again - who can be sure, when we are in at least the second language any of this text was interpreted from.

Aramaic to Latin, then English?

Aramaic to Greek, then English?

Isn't it always nice when you can look back and add your own definitions after the fact, stating what someone meant rather than what was written?

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

The Black Death too.  And earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, malaria, ebola, hurricanes, etc.

Thank you, Jesus. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, airdvr said:

A Brooklyn courthouse was still packed as coronavirus spread. Judges, their staffs and lawyers are paying the price.

It was his last appearance on the bench. Two weeks later, the judge was dead of complications related to coronavirus.

Judge Johnny L. Baynes in front of Brooklyn Borough Hall in 2004.

And the day after that, you were posting that it was a flash in the pan, and that everyone would have something else to talk about by the beginning of April.

Is he supposed to be that much smarter than you are? He's (well, he was) just in a position of authority, which is unfortunate.

Wendy P.

Edited by wmw999

On 3/13/2020 at 8:49 AM, airdvr said:

Here in Ohio the governor just closed public schools for 3 weeks.  At first I thought it was an overreaction.  Then I read this article.  Death panels anyone?

The Extraordinary Decisions Facing Italian Doctors

Looks like Governor DeWine made an excellent call.  Pity the idiots in GA, FL, AL, AR didn't.

3 minutes ago, kallend said:

Looks like Governor DeWine made an excellent call.  Pity the idiots in GA, FL, AL, AR didn't.

I heard the mayor of NY interviewed yesterday. De Blasio was asked about the late response in NYC and if he had any regrets or would do anything differently. Pure politician, may as well be Trump. Could not admit to any regrets or mistakes at all.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/09/830510298/our-health-care-workers-have-been-through-hell-de-blasio-says